PDA

View Full Version : Bullet caster identification

Leeammo
05-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Hi Guys, I have 11 of these moulds set up for a casting machine and I don't have a clue what machine they fit. Help! can anyone out there please tell me what Manufactures machine these fit? They actually have ejectors in the blocks to kick out the bullets. I bought this whole lot some years ago because it had a H&G 127 in it. Thanks, Lee
You have already identified 4 moulds as Magma's so these are the next challenge! Thanks! Lee

HeavyMetal
05-12-2008, 01:47 AM
I think these fit the Ballisti-Cast machines, I did business with a commercial caster years ago and those are the machines he had and that's what the molds looked like.

Are you looking to convert back to Handles? I think you can do that and live with the sprue plate. Just remove the "wings" on the side of the mold and try a set of RCBS handles for a fit. If they don't bind in the channel left by the "wings" you'll have to drill the mounting holes.

If your wanting to buy a machine call Ballisti-Cast, the number should be in the mold makers sticky.

billyb
05-12-2008, 02:07 AM
I have some molds from magma ,they look like the ones you have.Check the numbers on them and give them a call they can tell you if they are thiers.They make sprue plates to adapt them for hand casting using RCBS handles.That is what i use mine for. Bill

Leeammo
05-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Thanks guys for the quick resonses. I know this particular mould is Magma because it is marked (Magma ENGR. CO.) on one side and (35/225 FP) on the other. Acutally I was looking to sell the whole lot to someone that can use them.