PDA

View Full Version : Best target EVER!

Hogtamer
04-28-2016, 04:10 PM
Some years ago I was honored to be the chef for a 3-day fishing trip hosted by a friend during US Congressional spring break. The Honorable Speaker of the United States House of Representatives and the Georgia 10th district congressman, 3 of their aids and 6 US Secret Service agents enjoyed my host's hospitality and my southern cuisine immensely. About 2 weeks later one of the congressional aids showed up at my door with an inscribed coffee table type Congressional Club cookbook from Mr. Speaker himself. Just remembered this yesterday, but there'a problem!

2 positives however: I got to spend a lot of time with the senior Secret Service Agent and learned a lot about what a protection detail does, even in the dead center of the middle of nowhere, on the Savannah River near Allendale, SC. His speed and accuracy with a Glock 40 was astonishing (3 out of five in top of a 16 oz picnic cup @ 50 yds, 47 yrs old about to retire). That's the only weapon I actually saw. Also, I now have the best 100 yd hardback slug target ever produced, for obvious reasons. Plus none of the recipess seemed worthwhile. Make America Great Again!

rockrat
04-28-2016, 05:30 PM
LOL, now we just need your banana pudding and pound cake recipe!!!

gwpercle
04-28-2016, 06:43 PM
Pound cake is my favorite too ! your recipe ?
I have my Great Aunt's Cold Oven Pound Cake with cream cheese..... and would be glad to share it with you , but I'm always looking to try others.
Gary

runfiverun
04-29-2016, 11:28 AM
pound cake is pretty hard to screw up.
butter
sugar
flour
1 pound each.
mix and bake.
learnt that from somewhere.

JoeG52
04-29-2016, 06:18 PM