PDA

View Full Version : More DW Stuff

7br
10-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Just got back from the range. Firearm in question is a Dan Wesson in .41 mag topped by a burris 2x7 set at 7x. Groups were fired at 100yards off of a rest.

RCBS 215 - 6 grains titegroup was an 8 inch or so pattern.
LBT 235gr LFN with gascheck 19gr 296
Three of four groups averaged out about 3 1/2inch. Fourth group was a little larger. See Pics if I can get them posted

7br
10-21-2005, 03:51 PM
First pic was of the range. Second pic of the groups.

David R
10-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Nice.

44man
10-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Years ago when I shot IHMSA, all the winners were using the Dan Wesson, so I bought one in .357 Max. What a piece of junk! Back to the factory twice and I did a lot of work on it. The barrel wasn't even in the frame straight. The cylinder was so bad that the gap changed from chamber to chamber. I sold it quick. All the internal parts were bad also and some did not do their function without being repaired.
I was at a shoot and a fellow could not get on target with the rear sight of his brand new .44 DW all the way to the horizontal stop. I looked across the top of the gun and the barrel was pointed so far to the right he would need a 4" sight extension to get on target.
If you get one of the real early ones, they are great but since I don't remember when they went bad, I will stay away from all of them. I could have drilled straighter holes by hand!