PDA

View Full Version : popular feller these days

bubba.50
04-22-2016, 05:03 PM
boy, ya sure do get popular when yer about to hit the big 65. I bet I get an average of a dozen to 15 robo-calls a day congratulatin' me on the "upcomin' milestone" right before they start in on the pitch for whatever old fogey service they're gonna offer ya for practically free.

and ya don't even get a real person so's ya can have a bit of sport with'em before they get exasperated & hang-up. always some overly cheerful recordin' with pauses in strategic places so the dullards 'mongst the people they call will think they're talkin' to a carin' health professional who has their best interests in mind.

no real point to this. just felt the need for a minor rant. y'all go back to whatever you were doin'.

codgerville@zianet.com
04-22-2016, 05:07 PM
Yep, everything from Depends to funeral expenses to erectile dysfunction.

Captain O
04-22-2016, 05:15 PM
Speaking of erectile dysfunction, how is Obama? Hillary Clinton visited Portland, Oregon and received a traffic citation... (her broom was double parked). Bernie sanders was nearly killed by his stage props... his hammer and sickle slipped.

jonp
04-22-2016, 07:25 PM
Yep, everything from Depends to funeral expenses to erectile dysfunction.

From the amount of radio ad's I hear about it this is the biggest crisis in the USA today apart from everyone needing to buy gold, Immediately!

xs11jack
04-22-2016, 07:46 PM
They haven't been beating on your door to get you to invest in Venezuela electricity shares, or now that the largest beer, yes I said BEER producer is shutting down in July, maybe some stock in that company.
Ole Jack

nvbirdman
04-22-2016, 11:36 PM
I love the buy gold commercials. "Experts say the price of gold is going to double." If they really thought the price was going to double they'd be buying it, not trying to sell it.

toallmy
04-23-2016, 06:21 AM
I must have low T , because I don't feel like 1/2 the man I use to be .

Taylor
04-23-2016, 07:11 AM
Bubba,if you like mess'n with caller's,me too.Check out some of the videos by Tom Mabe.He knows how it is done.

Pine Baron
04-23-2016, 07:51 AM
Can't beat the senior discounts. From free coffee to reduced rate hunting & fishing license. Yeah, I EARNED that M**********r!

Rustyleee
04-23-2016, 07:57 AM
I just keep my home phone unplugged all the time. I check it for messages every other day.

Bent Ramrod
04-23-2016, 09:26 AM
Be sure to go to your nearest National Park and have Mr. Ranger set you up with the card that allows you to visit them without paying any fees. It's a really good deal.

Being a Senior Citizen isn't all beer and skittles but it does have its advantages.

Preacher Jim
04-23-2016, 09:26 AM
We have a standard answer we do not deal with telemarketers good bye. After 6 months no more calls then the political calls started so now we tell them we just scratched your candidate off our list of possible candidates that worked to

fryboy
04-23-2016, 11:33 AM
If you really want to have fun ( or miss firing up the real umm winners on the other end of the line ...) Just press " 1 " to talk to a real ( albeit probably foreign ) person ;)
( and let the games begin lolz )

Smoke4320
04-23-2016, 11:38 AM
I love the buy gold commercials. "Experts say the price of gold is going to double." If they really thought the price was going to double they'd be buying it, not trying to sell it.

yes sir you nailed that one ..
Just like people going to teach me how to make money fast buying and selling real estate ect .. If it was that easy they would HIRE people to do it for them !!!

of course if I take at 11,000,000.00 that the Nigarian prince left me and invest it in quick turn real estate I might have as much money as BROKE Hitlery !!!!

bedbugbilly
04-23-2016, 12:02 PM
Bubba - congrats on your birthday! You are like me . . . I hate the robot calls but love to screw with live callers . . . it's just way too much fun. I keep getting calls from a couple of companies who offer extended warranties on autos. They have my vehicle information - probably sold by dealers? They start out by telling me I can get extended warranty on my car when the factory warranty ends (we have less that 50,000 mi. on the car) and about the second question they ask is . . "How many miles do you have on your vehicle?" I usually reply that the car is running great for having just turned 270,000 miles on the odometer. Funny . . . . they save me the trouble of hanging up on them as they quickly hang up when they hear the mileage. My motto . . . . "life is too short not to screw with people who call you uninvited". :-)

Rufus Krile
04-23-2016, 01:35 PM
Some folks need mess in' with. A quick interlude along the lines of "What are you wearing?" and a bit of heavy breathing is always good. Some of these folks are trainable... the NRA no longer asks for me, just my wife. Got a robo call from them and just hung up. 20 seconds later it rang again. Hung up. 20 seconds later rang again and I thought 'Maybe I have t listen...' Heard them out and hung up. Another 20 seconds and it rang again. This time I took down the response number and called them back. I can't repeat some of the terms and descriptions I used here, suffice to say it was colorful. Was told I couldn't talk to him like that... told him I'd worked in the oilfield for 40yrs and we always talked to each other like that when we were upset... that you just had to be ready to fight, and I was ready. Told him I was through with him, to pull up his panties and call his boss because I obviously needed a big boy to talk to. A dial tone followed. We no longer get robo calls from the NRA.