PDA

View Full Version : Kirkland we have a problem...

ol skool
04-21-2016, 11:58 PM
I put peanut butter on the list and SWMBO picked up Adams today at Costco. Not acceptable! Costco has made a serious error in judgement if I can't find the retail replacement.

Kirkland peanut butter is THE BEST peanut butter and Costco is no longer carrying it? Seriously? It's roasted darker than the others and has deeper flavor. Peanut butter people know what I am talking about. Right now I'm not a Happy Camper and I used to live in Happy Camp!

However I suspect Kirkland is Laura Scudders. I need confirmation or direction from those that know...

waksupi
04-22-2016, 12:18 AM
I like Adams. The others I have tried are way too sweet.

ol skool
04-22-2016, 12:21 AM
Hey:

I like Adams too, if Kirkland (or Laura Scudders?) isn't available. But I like the depth of the darker roast!

smokeywolf
04-22-2016, 03:04 AM
Ah, I miss peanut butter. Not allowed any more.

Used to eat peanut butter and salsa on a Ritz cracker. MM, MM, MM!

leftiye
04-22-2016, 06:28 AM
In between the pickles and ice cream, right?

LIMPINGJ
04-22-2016, 10:24 AM
Get the food processor out and make your own. You might need to roast the nuts a little more to get the flavor you like.

runfiverun
04-22-2016, 11:09 AM
yep it's roasted peanuts all whipped up with a little oil added for smoothness.
you can make blackened peanut butter if you want.

jonp
04-22-2016, 12:15 PM
Not a big peanut butter fan but once in a while ill visit an organic/natural food store and pick up all natural pb or cashew butter. You have to mix it up but tastes great to me

xs11jack
04-22-2016, 08:00 PM
Thank goodness Costco still sells the Skippy with honey. Love that big jar. I have a sweet tooth and Skippy helps. YUMMMMMM!
Ole Jack

BrassMagnet
04-22-2016, 08:09 PM
I want Navy pack in cans!

rondog
04-22-2016, 10:33 PM
Peanut butter and salsa?

MaryB
04-22-2016, 11:00 PM
Peanut butter has started giving me horrible heartburn for some reason... and I love the stuff!

smokeywolf
04-23-2016, 01:47 AM
Peanut butter and salsa?

On a Ritz cracker; not a Saltine.

ol skool
04-23-2016, 12:46 PM
Gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday.

"We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

We are unable to provide vendor or manufacturer contact information for our Kirkland Signature products and unfortunately the Kirkland Signature peanut butter has been discontinued and we are not showing any available within 50 miles of your zip code.
We have submitted the request to our buying staff to review carrying the product again in the future. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with."

Ehaver
04-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Peanut butter has started giving me horrible heartburn for some reason... and I love the stuff!

That happens to me to. I think its the oil in it? Between Peanut Butter, Coffee and anything with tomatoes, I have to be careful or have an antacid.

robg
04-23-2016, 05:39 PM
On a water biscuits doubly crunchy

Mal Paso
04-24-2016, 10:51 AM
Gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday.

"We appreciate you taking the time to email Costco Wholesale.

We are unable to provide vendor or manufacturer contact information for our Kirkland Signature products and unfortunately the Kirkland Signature peanut butter has been discontinued and we are not showing any available within 50 miles of your zip code.
We have submitted the request to our buying staff to review carrying the product again in the future. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with."

The Organic Section is Taking Over like a Communist Plot. Couldn't find Salsa for 2 months. Guess what? It Turned Organic.

Elkins45
04-24-2016, 11:44 AM
That seems odd, since Kirkland is Costco's house brand. That's like Walmart discontinuing Great Value peanut butter.