PDA

View Full Version : accepted the lord jesus christ.

johnson1942
04-19-2016, 06:36 PM
our pastor told me today that the richest man in out area and 104 years old accepted the lord jesus christ as his savior a couple of days ago. when he visited him the other day this man told my pastor that he was worried where he was going to go after he died. my pastor explained to him the salvation plan and this 104 year old man accepted christ as his savior. their are no words for things like this except thanking God for his Son and his plan of salvation for us all.

Boaz
04-19-2016, 06:55 PM
Thank you for the post johnson1942 . I'm not surprised he offer himself accept salvation but he sure wasted a lot of time getting there . I'm proud for him , hope his profession was sincere .

EMC45
04-19-2016, 07:06 PM
Best news I've heard all day!

johnson1942
04-19-2016, 07:43 PM
he was a shrewed lawyer and the family is finding out he owns property every where, even down to kansas. however his name is wrote in the lambs book of life and that is as good as it gets. he never lived rich, and his house is very modest, he loved lap dogs and would drive around and look at his property with his dogs in his fancy car and that was his life. he drove untill he was 100 years old. loved to play cards at the grain elevator with all the farmers and ranchers and made a lot of deals their. my son shot a really good muley buck on his land. he owns thousands of acres of land and when he passes his family is going to find stuff that he owns that no one know about except his lawyer. again he never ever lived the fancy life. his house is very old but well kept up, a very modest life. their has to be a sermon in this story, 104 years old and still has his mind and accepted christ as his savior. i have no words for it.

Der Gebirgsjager
04-19-2016, 08:00 PM
I think there' a saying that fits this situation..."Better late than never."

Boaz
04-19-2016, 08:25 PM
I agree it an amazing story .

Blackwater
04-19-2016, 10:09 PM
As long as there's breath in our bodies, Christ stands at the door and knocks. It's up to each of us whether to answer it or not.

One other thing I'd comment on, is stories like this always remind me of the story of the prodigal son. Some folks seem to envy those who have lived lives of carousing and dissipation who come to God late in life, but every one I;ve ever talked to envy those who never got into the life they'd led. I guess "the grass is always greener on the other side." And no matter when someone comes to Christ, Heaven celebrates. I'm glad for this man.

aspangler
04-19-2016, 10:58 PM
I am glad to hear this as my story is quite different.

My brother in law passed from this life last Thursday night. I talked to him as did three deacons, four preachers and several just good Christians trying to get one more soul. He had an answer for everything we tried to say to him. He had cancer and also had to go on Dialisys 3 days a week. HE told my sister that he was "burning up" and wanted his shirt off. (He was always cold) She said he was sweating so bad that in two minutes he was wringing wet. He said he wanted a cold drink of water. When handed a bottle of water he clutched it to his chest, took twoo deep breaths and passed. Please pray for the family. He is beyond prayers now.

Boaz
04-20-2016, 05:13 AM
I'm sorry to hear you have lost your brother in law . I will pray for the family . If there are any special needs please mention them .

USMC87
04-20-2016, 07:09 AM
Thank GOD for salvation!

William Yanda
04-20-2016, 07:49 AM
Ring the bells of heaven!

w5pv
04-20-2016, 10:09 AM
I hope he remember"s Acts 5/21

Teddy (punchie)
04-20-2016, 11:44 AM
I like to tell of a neighbor that was a changed person the last time I visited him. But his history I'll leave the saved part to the Lord. But he had a light heartedness about him and we had a great talk. I prayed for him and never had a chance to make it back. He past shortly after. Maybe one day I meet him again. Again I witness to many ?? About Bob Platt as a changed person at the end, they just look at me like ?? Snakey are you sure?? It does happen .

aspangler
04-20-2016, 09:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear you have lost your brother in law . I will pray for the family . If there are any special needs please mention them .
Nothing left to be done. All taken care of. Prayers appreciated for the family. It was not unexpected though.

Blackwater
04-21-2016, 02:00 PM
I am glad to hear this as my story is quite different.

My brother in law passed from this life last Thursday night. I talked to him as did three deacons, four preachers and several just good Christians trying to get one more soul. He had an answer for everything we tried to say to him. He had cancer and also had to go on Dialisys 3 days a week. HE told my sister that he was "burning up" and wanted his shirt off. (He was always cold) She said he was sweating so bad that in two minutes he was wringing wet. He said he wanted a cold drink of water. When handed a bottle of water he clutched it to his chest, took twoo deep breaths and passed. Please pray for the family. He is beyond prayers now.

Done. It's been a source of amazement to me for a long time how Christ can take even an event like this, and create something good from it. Who knows who was impressed enough by all this to seek their own conversion at long last? Could be family or a friend or nurse or doc. The family of one in the hospital usually today, think of themselves as the only ones who really care. But when it's your profession to be around people in this type of situation, how could anyone not notice things like this, and not profit from it? So even in his insistence in denying, he may well have been at least a part of the reason someone else is saved. After all, the best way to show someone something important is to draw them a picture, or let them have an experience that makes it very, very real.

Is Christ awesome or what, in His ability to take lemons and make lemonade from it all? We cannot help the lost. They have made their decision, and no matter how much we love them, we can't save them from themselves. Maybe God uses situations like this to create some good from them so that we, who are so needful of supports and props, can find them even in situations like this. To God be the Glory!