PDA

View Full Version : Wolf oil ripoff

DLCTEX
04-19-2016, 05:06 PM
I posted about Wolf Oil offering free sample of their oil. They offered a second one oz bottle for $1 which I accepted. When I looked at my bank account they had charged $7.50 s&h. I thought that was excessive but oh well. Yesterday they hit my account for $38.60. I called and found out that by accepting the second one for $1 I was automatically signed up for a "subscription" for another package that was shipped three days ago. Since I protested the charge I can wait and return the package when it arrives then call back with a tracking number for a refund. That means I will have to pay UPS to ship it back to get a tracking number. I am UPSET!

lefty o
04-19-2016, 05:10 PM
if you didnt specifically ask for or were told about this subscription, anything they sent you is free to keep.

DerekP Houston
04-19-2016, 05:51 PM
sad to hear, but I kinda had a feeling there was something up with it.

bbailey7821
04-19-2016, 05:57 PM
Good to know. They're blowing up Facebook with their adds. Sounded fishy to me.

GRUMPA
04-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Just remember the old saying.....if it sounds to good to be true it generally is.

In this day and age......they'll try there best at so-called lip service to get deeper into your wallet.

Things like integrity and honesty went out the window some time ago...

Duckiller
04-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Why would I want oil made from a wolf?

leftiye
04-20-2016, 07:18 AM
Can't catch them anyways. Would rather shoot 'em than oil 'um if I could.

w5pv
04-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Wolf who

atlas366
04-20-2016, 10:53 AM
That is sad. Not a wise business practice in this industry either.

blackthorn
04-20-2016, 11:05 AM
Sorry you got hosed like that. My wife had the same thing happen to her but with skin care products. When we realized what had happened, like you, we paid to ship back the unwanted stuff and when we took a closer look there was some small print laying out what we "agreed" too. Scummy sales gimmick by a scummy company! Lesson learned.

Teddy (punchie)
04-20-2016, 11:29 AM
I no long pay for anything by online, with having a out. Even this site auto took out money for donation to site, which cost me 30.00 charge on top. So from now on I make sure no auto pay.

TreeKiller
04-20-2016, 11:42 PM
Before you open it take it back to the PO and refuse it at the window. photo copy the address with refused written at the top above the address. If it is first class or Priority Mail you do not have to pay return shipping.

frkelly74
04-21-2016, 12:01 PM
Call your credit card company and have the scammers blocked from hitting your card. We have done that and usually they know exactly who you are talking about and are happy to help you not have to make any more payments and you might get back the payment the scammers took.

BrassMagnet
04-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Call your credit card company and have the scammers blocked from hitting your card. We have done that and usually they know exactly who you are talking about and are happy to help you not have to make any more payments and you might get back the payment the scammers took.

Yes!
Enough complaints and they will not be able to continue their ripoff practices.

PBaholic
04-21-2016, 12:31 PM
That sucks!

I just looked over the ad for 1 "FREE" oz and it says nothing about this.

I would just dispute the charge saying I did not authorize it. I would not pay to return the package either. An e-mail to them saying if you want this back, send me a return shipping label.

9w1911
04-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Ever since the economy went in the toilet now means anytime you give someone your credit card number for anything it will be charged and the most common tactic is this recurring membership charge, most likely the fine print is impossible to find and when you want to find the unsubscribe page, it wont exist. Want our free stuff, just sign up here and dont worry we wont charge your card for this transaction but we wont tell you that you are now an auto pay member.

Hardcast416taylor
04-21-2016, 02:20 PM
Congratulation on being another victem of not reading the very fine print about contractual conditions attached to the "FREE" offer. On the local news yesterday they had a similar story about an middle aged woman getting a "FREE TRIAL OFFER" of wrinkle eraser cosmetics. She kept getting monthly shipments and being auto credit card charged about $100 of this stuff that didn`t work well for her. By the 3rd month she was auto charged $100 for each month for this stuff. She found that she originally had 14 days with the original free offer to call and cancel. The phone number the TV station tried calling in her behalf turned out to be an answering service only. The BBB finally got her contract canceled but she was out all the money due to a non refundable clause in the little print.Robert

DLCTEX
04-21-2016, 05:28 PM
I guess they found they had not shipped it yet as they have emailed that they have credited me and wife confirms it happened. I give them that much credit.

Screwbolts
04-22-2016, 08:11 AM
Thank you for the updates on product and company .

Ken

bedbugbilly
04-22-2016, 11:25 AM
Theere was something on TV here last week about this very same thing of ordering something and then finding out you have "subscribed" for future shipments. This isn't just limited to Wolf, it's spread out across many different product lines such as women's make-up, home products, clothing, etc.

A person needs to be diligent in checking their credit card statements and if you receive something you didn't order, as mentioned, write refused on it and return to sender. Notify your credit card company and have them blocked - then file a complaint with your State Attorney General. Doing business this way is just a big SCAM job. Those that operate this way need to be shut down. If there is not a law on the books covering this sort of scam, then maybe it's time the politicians get off their dead #$%$^% and truly pass a law that will prevent this kind of credit card scam instead of another tax on the voters who put 'em in office. And unlike many of the laws which are passed but which the government ignores - ENFORCE it and shut these scammers down.