PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shooting the RCBS 7.62mm-130-SPL in their 300 BLK?

atl5029
04-18-2016, 10:40 AM
Is anyone shooting this boolit in their 300 BLK AR? I saw the mold on MidwayUSA and it looks like a good boolit for the round. I want to start reloading in bulk for my AR and am looking for a good cheap boolit in the 110-130 grain range. Thinking of doing this one PCed and GCed. Any first hand experience with this boolit would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I can trade some lead for some finished boolits if anyone is currently using this mold. Looking for PC and GC as I described above. The lead I have is all soft lead (not sure if it is 100% pure). It's a collection of muzzleloader projectiles, round balls, air gun pellets, buck shot, and maybe a few other random projectiles.

Thanks!

runfiverun
04-18-2016, 12:02 PM
well it depends.
I have seen 3 300 bo rifles in person now and they all would take different things.
the ruger accepts just about anything in 30 cal and shoots it fairly well.
my AAC needs thinner brass but is picky as all get out but shoots what it likes very well.
and the 300 upper I borrowed from a buddy wouldn't even chamber some of the AAC's rounds because of the boolits nose even though it would chamber fired brass from it with some slop.

so I have seen tight chambers and tight barrels and close enough of both to take about whatever.