PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 4/16

rl69
04-16-2016, 07:52 AM
Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law.Romans 13:8 NLT (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

Boaz
04-16-2016, 08:07 AM
Thank you . A very true verse for daily use .

w5pv
04-16-2016, 08:17 AM
Amen.

Preacher Jim
04-16-2016, 11:46 AM
Amen, Amen.

Blackwater
04-16-2016, 11:02 PM
RL, you keep coming up with real zingers! I don't think you've put one up yet that hasn't touched me in some significant and poignant way. Thanks. I have a sneaking suspicion the first part is the root of my old Scots tendency to never borrow anything I didn't absolutely HAVE to, or at least think I did. That last is the hard part, but I've been awfully lucky with neighbors. Had one I really didn't care for, but always treated him as Christian-like as he'd let me. He was a thief, who'd cheated his own business partner very badly. But he was also a coward, and I think he was a little scared of me. I came home sick one day and caught him with my riding mower cutting his grass, with my gas can in his yard waiting to refuel it. We have big yards. Let's just say he was rather shocked at my catching him using it without permission. Though I didn't care for him or trust him much, I'd have lent him the mower if he'd just asked me, for the sake of his wife and daughter if for no other reason. I never saw any sign of any other such activity. Oh, and he was always one who was good at wrecking whatever you lent him, too.

But this one really hit me. He died some time back, and I honestly don't know if he'd ever really been saved. I know he had walked the aisle and been a member of a church, but I don't think he ever went. He was such a liar, that everyone who knew him would tell him when he was lying, just to shut him up! But like someone pointed out once, it's not really charity when you give to people you like. When you can give to people you don't really care for, THAT is REAL charity! So your verse kind'a hit me in one of my soft spots. Thanks. I need that sometimes!

Boaz
04-17-2016, 06:16 AM
The daily verse is a blessing . I think we all here look forward to it now , it's part of our day . In this simple way GOD is working through rl69 to encourage and minster to us and many more .