PDA

View Full Version : I had my lead level tested as a base line....

spurgon
05-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I've not started casting boolits yet but am intiidated by the prospect. I've learned a lot on this forum and from other gratious folks. I just wanted to get an idea of where I'm at before I start. My test results are 3.1 ug/dl. Reference range is 0.0-24.9. I guess this is the range of normality/acceptibility. Waiting for good weather and availability of time.
spurgon

jonk
05-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Hmm. I'm getting a complete physical, including bloodwork, on the 21st. It will be interesting to see if the Doc's jaw drops and he stutters, "why, your veins are full of pure molten lead!" :-D

Scrounger
05-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Hmm. I'm getting a complete physical, including bloodwork, on the 21st. It will be interesting to see if the Doc's jaw drops and he stutters, "why, your veins are full of pure molten lead!" :-D

"why, your veins are full of pure molten lead!" :-D[/quote]

Don't say that! There's some people here that would drain you to get it.

longbow
05-08-2008, 08:28 PM
I work for a lead smelter and have been a bullet caster for 40 years - my blood lead level is 5 ug/dl. The nurses at work say anything under 10 is "street level".

Longbow

timkelley
05-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Had my annual physical last month. They could test for lead with other blood tests so I asked them to test mine. Minimal lead so I now have a base for future tests.

runfiverun
05-08-2008, 11:49 PM
don't eat the lead or breathe the dust and you will be fine.
dillon has small bottles of d-lead it is a hand soap to remove it from well your hands
but i usually wash mine frequently with dish soap when handling the stuff.

billyb
05-09-2008, 02:51 AM
I worked 33 years on the railroad out of Tulsa.started on the Frisco that was built on the chatt out of the pitcher chatt piles from the lead mines that is on the news for the last several years. The town of pitcher is uninhabitable because of the lead contamination. I walked in this stuff for years. Iwas casting boolits before i started on the rr. I retired last august. Before i retired i had my blood lead level checked and it was normal acording my doc.After all that exposure an it was normal,makes you wonder? Bill

dakotashooter2
05-09-2008, 09:46 AM
I think it is like anything else in that individual body chemistry also has some impact on how much is absorbed and the rate at which it is expelled. Like drugs individuals have varying levels of succeptibility/resistance to such things.

mto7464
05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
It is more of a threat to developing nervous systems ie kids. So keep your kids away from your boolit area and use ventalation that blows toward the nieghbors, just kidding, wash your hands and you will be fine,

armoredman
05-09-2008, 10:53 AM
"why, your veins are full of pure molten lead!" :-D

Don't say that! There's some people here that would drain you to get it.

Thanks! I really needed a laugh this morning!:-P