canuck4570
04-07-2016, 11:40 PM
tell me if I get it correctly
you have to wait till the mold you want get in stock and then you order on line
or you just call and place a order
thanks

Leadmelter
04-08-2016, 12:08 AM
Call or email them. They have great customer service.
Leadmelter
MI

scottfire1957
04-08-2016, 01:05 AM
I just called them. If you have a question about them or their stock, they are the ones to ask, not us.

It's really that simple.

canuck4570
04-08-2016, 06:31 AM
sent a email waiting for a answer

thankw
s

04-08-2016, 07:21 AM
I just called them. If you have a question about them or their stock, they are the ones to ask, not us.

It's really that simple.

^^^^^^^
What he said.

I just ordered an in stock 311414 2 cavity for my 300AAC supers. It showed in stock online, I placed the order online and 3 or 4 days later the mold was sitting in my mailbox.

tazman
04-08-2016, 12:55 PM
sent a email waiting for a answer

thankw
s

You may want to go ahead and make the phone call. While NOE is great with their sales and quality, sometimes they are not very prompt about answering email.
I have had several emails that were never answered. When I phoned, the issues were handled immediately.

canuck4570
04-08-2016, 01:50 PM
You may want to go ahead and make the phone call. While NOE is great with their sales and quality, sometimes they are not very prompt about answering email.
I have had several emails that were never answered. When I phoned, the issues were handled immediately.

was lucky to find a poster on NOE forum that has this mold and hopefully he will send me a few bullet to see if it feeds well in my Sako 85 carbonate that seems to be finicky with round nose and me plat
I have filed a RG4 to .200 meplat and it feeds but with the original I will be certain before spending money on the mold
so will wait for the poster to answer me on my request to send me a few bullet
you are correct when I phoned NOE for Lee expander plug they where fast in getting me what I wanted…..

thanks

S.B.
04-12-2016, 06:11 PM
I waited several months(over a year) for Swede to produce the mold I desired, finally went to Mountain Molds and designed my own(same weight and shape).
Steve

GunsAndHarley
04-13-2016, 08:55 AM
tell me if I get it correctly
you have to wait till the mold you want get in stock and then you order on line
or you just call and place a order
thanks

I got my mould from accurate. Group buy Is not my kind of thing. Accurate has a very extensive mould choices, respond to e-mail quickly. Good service.

canuck4570
04-13-2016, 10:34 AM
I think that he should not have a contact by e-mail if he does not answer them 5 days since my e-mail and no answer yet
accurate, moutain mold, does not make a hollow point mold bumer

will call and see what comes up
and like a few answer here is that you wait a long time if he does not have it in stock

LenH
04-13-2016, 03:20 PM
Al Nelson is a great guy to do business with, I have called him several times, he has always gone out of his way to help me.

GunsAndHarley
04-13-2016, 09:54 PM
I think that he should not have a contact by e-mail if he does not answer them 5 days since my e-mail and no answer yet
accurate, moutain mold, does not make a hollow point mold bumer

will call and see what comes up
and like a few answer here is that you wait a long time if he does not have it in stock

You could order from accurate and have the mould sent to http://www.hollowpointmold.com/ they will modify for hollow point at a reasonable cost. NOE make very nice mould but having no response from them made me look elsewhere. Having to enter a group buy and waiting for 15 other people was also a deal breaker.

exile
04-13-2016, 10:19 PM
I have ordered two NOE molds and it seemed to me that they arrived very quickly. I spoke to Mr. Nelson once on the phone and he was very helpful. I will definitely order from NOE again.

exile

canuck4570
04-13-2016, 10:28 PM
You could order from accurate and have the mould sent to http://www.hollowpointmold.com/ they will modify for hollow point at a reasonable cost. NOE make very nice mould but having no response from them made me look elsewhere. Having to enter a group buy and waiting for 15 other people was also a deal breaker.

yes I could do that but from Canada its a problem with duty and so on…...

GunsAndHarley
04-14-2016, 06:44 AM
yes I could do that but from Canada its a problem with duty and so on…...

No it's not a problem at all. Mould is not a restricted item. I am from Laval and buy all my reloading stuff in the US all the time.

Go to the NOE forum and enter a group buy if the mould you want is not in stock.

Good luck and let me know how things worked out as I am interested in a NOE also and what I want is not available.

canuck4570
04-14-2016, 07:02 AM
yes I order from the states also
what I meant is sending it back with are hight canadian postage and back from the state a 100 dollar mold will be a lots more after sending it to be hollow pointed
anyway I will wait for the cast bullet from a poster here to see if it feed ok and see from there

bazzer485
04-17-2016, 12:07 AM
I've called NOE a couple of times and left emails but I haven't had a reply. Anyone know if they're still around?

Fly fishing guide. Archery is a passion. Shooting Elite E35 with VAP's I like to shoot in Northern California club comps in the bowhunter freestyle as a master senior.

gandydancer
04-17-2016, 12:50 AM
I have never had to phone swede on any thing he has always answered my emails & there where many of them with in One or Two days

dh2
04-17-2016, 01:54 AM
check out there forum it have a tread of when the out of stock molds will be run

GWM
04-17-2016, 04:56 AM
I think they may be very busy at NOE's at the moment, there are many large group buys going on and a lot of stock to catch up.

SwedeNelson
04-17-2016, 10:47 AM
To ALL!
I get 150 to 200 e-mails a day.
Some get lost in the fray - what can I say.
We are 4 to 6 weeks behind and on top of that Matt is training on the new tool grinder.
We are very much alive and turning out moulds as fast as we can.

I try to stay on top of the phone so if you have pressing questions give me a call 801 377-7289.
But if you are just calling to bust my chops about not having any inventor don't waste your time or mine.
We are doing what we can.

We do appreciate each and every one of you as customers and are trying to get out what you want.

canuck4570
Send me a e-mail again - see if we can get it this time
pbsco1 @ qwestoffice.net

Bullet maker, maker
Al Nelson

canuck4570
04-17-2016, 11:48 AM
e-mail sent Mr. Nelson...

canuck

bedbugbilly
04-17-2016, 12:10 PM
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have always had swift and prompt replies to my e-mails to NOE. Within 24 hours, Al has gotten back to me with the answers I needed. Can't speak for "out of stock" molds but I've ordered two different olds from them in the past month or so - both arrived within several days. Excellent molds and good people to deal with.

canuck4570
04-17-2016, 12:17 PM
I have tried to put a mold that was out of stock in my cart but the site did not permit me

it would be nice to be able to do so knowing that there would be a waiting time this waiting time could be mark beside the out of stock item so you would know when to expect delivery

this would save a lot of phone calls and e-mail also and give Mr.Nelson more time to do the good works he does on his mold because I never heard a bad comments on his work…..

bazzer485
04-17-2016, 06:10 PM
To ALL!
I get 150 to 200 e-mails a day.
Some get lost in the fray - what can I say.
We are 4 to 6 weeks behind and on top of that Matt is training on the new tool grinder.
We are very much alive and turning out moulds as fast as we can.

I try to stay on top of the phone so if you have pressing questions give me a call 801 377-7289.
But if you are just calling to bust my chops about not having any inventor don't waste your time or mine.
We are doing what we can.

We do appreciate each and every one of you as customers and are trying to get out what you want.

canuck4570
Send me a e-mail again - see if we can get it this time
pbsco1 @ qwestoffice.net

Bullet maker, maker
Al Nelson

All I need to know is if you have a .401 HP mold available
Cheers
Barry

jimb16
04-17-2016, 06:35 PM
I've only purchased one of his molds before, but I'm very happy with it. I'm perfectly happy to wait for the new mold. I'm sure it will be every bit as good as the first and well worth the wait.

GWM
04-17-2016, 06:45 PM
Cheers
Barry

Check this

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=39_227&products_id=1462

bazzer485
04-17-2016, 10:29 PM
Check this

Thanks for the tip. I'm new to casting, do you think these will size down to 401 for my Glock 10 mm barrel, or should I be looking for aftermarket barrel?
Thanks

bazzer485
04-18-2016, 12:42 AM
Check this

Also, the drawing on the NOE website shows it's got a gas check. Do I need them with this mold. I'm going to be shooting with a 10mm Glock. I don't want particularly fast speeds, just for plinking and then maybe for SD with a. Hotter load of Power Pistol.
I'm about to jump on this mold since I don't think it will last to long!

TXGunNut
04-18-2016, 01:17 AM
Al is first rate, so are his moulds. With his production methods he has to make a given number of moulds to make a profit. If he fails to make a profit we all suffer. If you need a mould right away Tom (Accurate) will oblige you with an excellent mould but he doesn't offer the RG (HP) option at this time. Tom's process is different so if you want something a bit odd he'll make it happen, within his parameters. Give him the dimensions and alloy and you'll have a mould inside of a month, probably sooner.
Al makes his moulds with cherries, cherries cost money. He's making his own these days but the equipment and labor are expensive. Tom uses a different process but he can only make certain shapes of moulds.
If there's a special mould you want, see how it fits within their business models. You won't be disappointed if you understand the process.

TXGunNut
04-18-2016, 01:23 AM
Yes, Al Nelson (NOE) is a busy man. When I send him an e-mail I generally get an answer during the weekend. I hope to shake his hand some day and drink a cup of coffee with him but we're better served if he's out in the shop turning out his first-rate moulds.

shoot-n-lead
04-18-2016, 01:35 AM
All that I can say is , Al, is first rate. It just doesn't get much better than NOE.

GWM
04-18-2016, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the tip. I'm new to casting, do you think these will size down to 401 for my Glock 10 mm barrel?
Thanks

Yes they will size down, no problem. You will need a sizer anyway. But .402 may work better in your barrel, I don't know.

Maybe you don't need a gas check. But for hot loads it may be beneficial. And it could make it easier to get a good load. I'd prefer it in a 10mm.

guicksylver
04-18-2016, 09:35 AM
I have a dozen of Al's molds.

Everyone arrived within 4 days or so.

Each and everyone is a work of art.

And yes Al is nothing by fabulous on the phone.

tazman
04-18-2016, 10:13 AM
Also, the drawing on the NOE website shows it's got a gas check. Do I need them with this mold. I'm going to be shooting with a 10mm Glock. I don't want particularly fast speeds, just for plinking and then maybe for SD with a. Hotter load of Power Pistol.
I'm about to jump on this mold since I don't think it will last to long!

Unless you are ares stuck on a gas check, you don't need to order it that way. There are plain base versions of that same boolit available on the upstream page.
This one for instance. http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=39_227&products_id=1337

GWM
04-18-2016, 11:10 AM
Cheers
Barry

I take that as meaning he wants an RG mold (hollow point) :)

bazzer485
04-18-2016, 11:55 AM
I take that as meaning he wants an RG mold (hollow point) :)

Yes, you are right, I would like a HP mold. Sorry I'm not all that clear on the numbering system.

gwpercle
04-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Don't give up just yet Canuck.....Al's moulds are worth the wait.

I waited a few months for a run to be made of a particular 4 cavity 9mm GC mould , I bugged him every now and then. Worth the wait...you bet your life it was.
I spotted a favorite Lyman 38/357 design , 3 cavity , in stock and couldn't stop my self from ordering it , I pressure cast with a ladle and the 4 cavity is tiring to my old hand...the 3 cavity is baby bear...just right.
Casting with those two Sat. and Sunday has put a smile on my face that's still there.
Just wait...it's worth it!
Gary

bazzer485
04-18-2016, 02:43 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread. I just got carried away with impatience!
I've ordered the recommended mold from NOE. Now to find some gas checks!

Fly fishing guide. Archery is a passion. Shooting Elite E35 with VAP's I like to shoot in Northern California club comps in the bowhunter freestyle as a master senior.

canuck4570
04-18-2016, 02:55 PM
no hijacking here, no problem
all these post showed me how NOE works
so many orders but everybody willing to wait shows that his mold are great...

GWM
04-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Now to find some gas checks!

Checks are here
http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=87&products_id=846

bazzer485
04-18-2016, 06:32 PM
Thanks, I have ordered a package of 1000. Enough to keep me busy for a while!
Being a beginner can anyone tell me what kind of press I need to fit them? I've ordered the Lee Resizer but I'm not sure if i can use this.

Interests include Fly Fishing, Archery, Shooting and many more. British Military Veteran.

tazman
04-18-2016, 08:31 PM
If you are using any press with the Lee push through sizing die you can put the check on. Either put the checks on the boolit and push through the sizer normally or put them on and push them through upside down provided you have a fairly flat surface on the nose. I do this sometimes due to the check not wanting to stay put on the base.
You may need to tap the boolit lightly into the check( in order to seat it completely) depending on the dimensions of the base of the boolit.

pakmc
04-18-2016, 10:36 PM
I've sent emails the last two days in a row with no word back yet from NOE? I'm trying to find a mold for my 6.8 SPC that I really like. The Lee doesn't do it for me. and Accurate can't really get that far down(read that small)(and that being said I've got about five of the accurate molds and I love them.( they are quality!) any one got any hints?
Pat

Mal Paso
04-19-2016, 12:22 AM
NOE is a small shop. I suspect every hand not running machines is assembling molds for the Elmer Keith collection coming out now. There was a huge response.

bazzer485
04-19-2016, 01:57 AM
It's great to here of an American Company doing so well in this day and age of manufacturing overseas.

Interests include Fly Fishing, Archery, Shooting and many more. British Military Veteran.

BigMagShooter
04-19-2016, 08:45 PM
the elmer keith collection? hmm, may have to check that out...

bazzer485
04-26-2016, 02:19 AM
I've been getting great service from NOE over the last week. Terrific quality products, five stars from me⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Mal Paso
04-26-2016, 09:51 AM
the elmer keith collection? hmm, may have to check that out...

Here's the thread.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?1954-quot-Real-quot-Keith-Bullets/page18

GunsAndHarley
04-26-2016, 12:36 PM
I did order a NOE mould, the order was process realy quickly and is scheduled for delivery today. Cant wait to finish work!!! It's chritmas again!!!

DocSavage
04-26-2016, 10:03 PM
I've bought several molds from Mr Nelson and always got my order in short order. He does turn out the finest molds I've seen in a very long time . I've E mailed him on a few occasions with questions and he has replied within 48 hrs. As others have said Mr Nelson is running a small shop and I'm willing to bet that there are days where he's up to his armpits in alligators. When you make a better mouse trap the world beats a path to your door.

bazzer485
04-27-2016, 07:43 PM
I've bought several molds from Mr Nelson and always got my order in short order. He does turn out the finest molds I've seen in a very long time . I've E mailed him on a few occasions with questions and he has replied within 48 hrs. As others have said Mr Nelson is running a small shop and I'm willing to bet that there are days where he's up to his armpits in alligators. When you make a better mouse trap the world beats a path to your door.

I agree, the quality and service I have gotten from NOE is second to none.

RogerDat
04-27-2016, 08:17 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread. I just got carried away with impatience!
I've ordered the recommended mold from NOE. Now to find some gas checks!

NOE has gas checks, at pretty good prices too. Listed on the left hand menu of the store. Gator gas checks I think it says. I like the NOE molds because I like the bullets they allow me to cast. Assorted sizes and weights, top quality at good prices. I have also been impressed with some of the other "goodies" like the expander plugs that turn a Lee Universal expander into an M style expander die are a good example. Or the cast bullet chamfer tool I use to clean the edges of boolit bases.

NOE had a key piece of grinding equipment become unavailable, so they got backed up on group buy orders and inventory runs. They have a forum where they provide some information on what is going on and on the group buys. That also seem above and beyond to me. Lot of those molds are not going to be popular and big sellers but they provide a way for enough people to band together and make what is essentially a custom mold affordable for their customers.

GunsAndHarley
04-27-2016, 09:49 PM
I Just received my 311-165RF today. Top quality fast delivery. They will get my business again, no doubt. So does accurate, both very good product.

TXGunNut
04-29-2016, 12:14 AM
OP, have you talked to Al? Is there something I can do to help? He catches up on e-mail over the weekend, in my experience.

jimb16
04-30-2016, 09:43 AM
I'm chomping at the bit for that new .325 8mm boolit he's getting ready to run. Its driving me crazy waiting. In the meantime I've been casting .45 slugs and some other heavier 8mm pills. Now I'm going to PC them to keep my mind off the new mold.....it isn't working! Maybe if I start casting with that new .312 160 gr mold.......