PDA

View Full Version : own a taurus?

runfiverun
04-04-2016, 11:48 PM
you might wanna check this out.
https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/

Frank46
04-05-2016, 12:06 AM
There was a notice in the National Geographic magazine about this. They will accept the guns in question for repair and then they go on about no repair being possible. Sounds like Taurus owners are getting hosed. Frank

trapper9260
04-05-2016, 06:12 AM
I have a 905 9mm and do not see that on there, so look like I am ok for the way it looks.

Screwbolts
04-05-2016, 07:05 AM
you might wanna check this out.
https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/

Wouldn't this be better posted in "Wheelguns, pistols and hand cannons" As I read the link I completly failed to see how this in any way relates to Cast Boolitz. I do see how it does fit into the area of Wheelguns, pistols and Hand Cannons.

I can also see how it fits in, our town.

Would there be a Moderator that might be able to decide were the proper place for this topic might be or best fit.

Just some questions without the use of purple or smiley faces.

Ken

lead4me
04-05-2016, 07:10 AM
Wouldn't this be better posted in "Wheelguns, pistols and hand cannons" As I read the link I completly failed to see how this in any way relates to Cast Boolitz. I do see how it does fit into the area of Wheelguns, pistols and Hand Cannons.

Would there be a Moderator that might be able to decide were the proper place for this topic might be or best fit.

Ken

Check who posted this, me thinks he qualifies...LOL

Screwbolts
04-05-2016, 07:14 AM
Why do you think it was posted :-)

lead4me
04-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Why do you think it was posted :-)
Hey Screwbolts...I was just poking the bear as my kids say. You know that runfiverun guy, just running his post count up on us:kidding:

runfiverun
04-05-2016, 10:26 AM
I should keep an eye on him a little better.
<<<<.
I put it here because it's the highest traffic area on the board.
and nobody with a Taurus dares enter 'the real' handgun section of the board. :lol:

Screwbolts
04-05-2016, 10:46 AM
:bigsmyl2:Well, I own own and have the Pleasure of shooting several Taurus wheel guns.

mdi
04-05-2016, 12:11 PM

Ken
The "Cast Boolits" sub forum has always been the "catch all" forum for topics of all gun related subjects, not just specifically for cast boolits. At least it has been that way since 2008, and I don't remember one complaint in those 8 years...:mrgreen: :roll: 8-) [smilie=f::oops: :oops:

quilbilly
04-05-2016, 12:34 PM
I have enjoyed my Taurus's. My favorite is my old wheel-gun 357 that is old enough that it came with the beautiful rosewood grip standard.

Screwbolts
04-05-2016, 02:02 PM
The "Cast Boolits" sub forum has always been the "catch all" forum for topics of all gun related subjects, not just specifically for cast boolits. At least it has been that way since 2008, and I don't remember one complaint in those 8 years...:mrgreen: :roll: 8-) [smilie=f::oops: :oops:

Is that an opinion, or stated facts?

victorfox
04-05-2016, 02:36 PM
just as a matter of fact, the govt issues the .40 24/7 to the police and there are many reports of dead and wounded officers because of firearm failures. I think plastic taurus sucks completely, the beretta clones suck a lot less, and the wheel guns range from **** to decent. I own a .410 only smoothbore judge that has .450 bore and .45/.410 stepped cylinder, which makes this frankenstein a joy to load for... (I'm trying to make the best out of it, as I can't handload for a .38 for example, and selling this and buying something else is not a good option here).

The wounded officers are suing Taurus privately, I don't know the outcome yet. Oh yes, the dead officers' families are doing the same.

victorfox
04-05-2016, 02:38 PM
I have enjoyed my Taurus's. My favorite is my old wheel-gun 357 that is old enough that it came with the beautiful rosewood grip standard.

One friend of mine has an 80's M82 3" that is both reliable and accurate. I grew up shooting Taurus and Rossi, but the quality, that was not superb, but functional, went down hill some 20 or 15 years ago... It almost went bankrupt and finally CBC/Magtech is a major shareholder now (did I ever mention CBC owns Sellier & Bellot?)

Screwbolts
04-05-2016, 02:49 PM
What Govt is issuing to what police?

Ken

2ndAmendmentNut
04-05-2016, 02:58 PM
I don't own a Taurus. Just out of curiosity, what problems have prompted the law suits and recalls?

victorfox
04-05-2016, 03:10 PM
What Govt is issuing to what police?

Ken
Sorry guys, forgot to add... Its the Brazilian Govt supplying its Police (I don't know how this works in America, we have two polices, one is the Military, that is in uniform, and patrols and all, the the other is the Civil Police, office, arrests and investigation). Both use the Taurus 24/7 and mostly it's the Military that gets hurt. The Federal Police (equivalent to FBI, I think) uses Glocks. Not a single incident...

mdi
04-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Is that an opinion, or stated facts?
Facts. If you care to, go back a few years and look. The earliest threads I could find were from Feb. 2005, about thread number 1225. Check them out...

You seem to be in a "mood" today, you've questioned nearly every post...

mozeppa
04-05-2016, 04:07 PM
huh?!......... whooda thunk it!

taurus?....are they STILL in business?:bigsmyl2:

Seeker
04-05-2016, 04:58 PM
I own a PT 1911 45acp that has been flawless. It eats lead bullets like M&Ms and will shoot 1 ragged hole in a target at 20 yrds. No leading. No FTEs. No FTFs. Just sayin'
I bought this gun used/like new with a 1 week no questions asked guarantee. I shot over 500 rnds thru it with O malfunctions. It was a no brainer for the price.

shooter bob
04-05-2016, 05:31 PM
I also own a pt 145 and it has been flawless also seeker.I would like to know what is going on with some of the taurus firearms.

victorfox
04-05-2016, 09:01 PM
I have no idea but The last controller Mr. Estima was a real SOB. And probably they develop something and since in Brazil you pay not too great wages but great taxes they probably don't do good R & D neither good execution specially with the newer technologies involving polymers. Their steel firearms are most ok, but at least roughly finished. As I said before their Beretta clones are decent but the quality is a lot worse than was in the middle 1990s. I found an almost new but old stock M85 that was a jewel. Too bad I didn't have the cash. My uncle had a PT57 (32ACP) that was great too as well as a M889. Today with gun control here, lots of high taxes and too many taxes they probably tried to cut the wrong costs (instead of chopping higher executives for example). It too was until about 2015 in heavy debt then CBC/Magtech took over to the loss of the shareholders (and I had about a 1,000 shares back then which I sold at some loss).

runfiverun
04-05-2016, 09:13 PM
they have been a huge pain to deal with for spare parts and such too.
when Taurus took over Rossi I'm pretty sure I shed a tear or two [not in joy I assure you]

some of us over on the rossi lever gun website have been trying to get them to set up a division or streamline the process to get spare parts.
this has been an ongoing process of maybe later's and a bunch of I dunno's, and probably's for about 3-4 years now.

the link goes over which guns are on the list and how they may or may not handle things.