PDA

View Full Version : Pb blocker experience

tangolima
04-02-2016, 11:12 AM
My apology if I am in the wrong forum, and please move this post accordingly.

Friend suggested me try out a product called pb blocker. I looked it up and found a few a few very unfavorable reviews on a gun forum. They were experienced loaders, and their tests were thorough. It has been years since that review. I would like to see whether there has been new findings by other folks who have tried the product.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

-TL

DerekP Houston
04-02-2016, 11:18 AM
My apology if I am in the wrong forum, and please move this post accordingly.

Friend suggested me try out a product called pb blocker. I looked it up and found a few a few very unfavorable reviews on a gun forum. They were experienced loaders, and their tests were thorough. It has been years since that review. I would like to see whether there has been new findings by other folks who have tried the product.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

-TL

After a brief google and read of this thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?100200-PB-Blocker-opinions/page11

It appears to be another miracle oil that failed to live up to the hype.

tangolima
04-02-2016, 11:27 AM
That is the test and review I was referring to. It happened 5 years ago when the product first came out. I wonder whether other people have tried it since. Perhaps the product has been improved.

BTW my friend tried it and said it worked.

-TL

DerekP Houston
04-02-2016, 11:31 AM
That is the test and review I was referring to. It happened 5 years ago when the product first came out. I wonder whether other people have tried it since. Perhaps the product has been improved.

BTW my friend tried it and said it worked.

-TL

Sounds like you have decided to give it a try then, best of luck. I haven't had any leading issues that required anything like this pretreatment. Do you currently have excessive leading in your barrels? Have you slugged and checked for proper bullet fit?

tangolima
04-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Sounds like you have decided to give it a try then, best of luck. I haven't had any leading issues that required anything like this pretreatment. Do you currently have excessive leading in your barrels? Have you slugged and checked for proper bullet fit?
Not really. I don't have a pressing need to try it. But just curious to see one or two bad reviews years ago, and then nobody said anything, good or bad.

Thanks.

-TL

DerekP Houston
04-02-2016, 11:41 AM
That seems to be the way of "gun cleaners" and the assorted oils. When they are brand new everyone buys it and gives it a try, then it just collects dust on the shelf when another new one comes out. I fell for the froglube advertising and I'm still using up that stuff. No complaints but honestly I can't tell that anything I've tried works better than just plain hoppes #9 and mobil 1 for lube. I would wager that a brass brush and patches with soap and water would most likely work fine for me.

Now, if you like to clean your guns once a year instead of each trip, or are in a dirty environment? Maybe they work better maybe no, I have no experience i nthis.