PDA

View Full Version : Just Thoughts

Boaz
03-31-2016, 05:08 AM
I'm sitting here drinking a cup of coffee thinking about the one's that come to this place to be with others of like mind . We all have some different thoughts maybe read a different translation of the Holy Bible but we are still the same . Our thoughts are more alike than different though , we seek each other out to reinforce and strengthen our resolve and belief in the one true living GOD that is our heavenly father . We allow one another to have their own thoughts knowing that we are all on a separate path leading to him .
I personally gain strength from all of you . I wanted you to know that . We support each other in our discovery and goals as to what GOD would have us do in our life . Shouldn't that be the way for all ? I have learned much here , I have seen concern , care and compassion here . I have seen others willing and ready to go out of their way to help others in need . I don't know many places I can go to find these things anymore . I believe the help we give each other helps us take another step down the path to our Lord .
Thank you
Boaz

NC_JEFF
03-31-2016, 06:55 AM
God loves a cheerful giver and I've witnessed several acts of cheerful generosity here.

buckwheatpaul
03-31-2016, 06:59 AM
Boaz, like jedomejd I have witnessed numerous acts of generosity at our site. We are there to help with prayer and actual acts to help those in need. I truly appreciate your thoughts ... they are uplifting....Paul

BUCKEYE BANDIT
03-31-2016, 07:05 AM
Wish I could think and speak that clearly at 5:08 A.M. Thanks Boaz!!!

Blackwater
03-31-2016, 08:38 AM
When it comes to that thing about gaining strength from each other, I'd add wisdom to that list of what we all get from each other. I think these are the reasons we love to get together apart from all the cynicism, doubt, denial and haughtiness of the profane world that surrounds us. It's like a diver going to his diving bell for a breath of fresh air before going back to the water to do whatever needs doing. When under water, it's SO good to get another breath of good, fresh air, isn't it?

w5pv
03-31-2016, 08:42 AM
I get a lot strength from read this post and others that are posted here.

Hickok
03-31-2016, 08:58 AM
All so true. I am humbled by those here.

Pine Baron
03-31-2016, 09:03 AM
All so true. I am humbled by those here.

Me too, Hickok, me too.

Boaz
03-31-2016, 07:51 PM
It's what happens when you do no more than just try to get along and show concern for others . Way it ought to be .

Boaz
03-31-2016, 08:01 PM
Wish I could think and speak that clearly at 5:08 A.M. Thanks Boaz!!!

Good chance Becky would have to provide an interpretation for you , I never modernized and still speak Texan . Many times she has to tell her friends what I meant . I have a high school education and type with one finger . Not likely I be able to write my life story and no one would read it anyway . lol

castalott
03-31-2016, 08:18 PM
As Yogi Berra famously quipped..." You can observe a lot just by watching. " That is how this place is....

I have a thought I just can't make solid and 'Viola' .... Someone else states it "as clear as is the summer's sun". ( another W Shakespeare quote)

I am beginning to think this place is bigger than the sum of us....

Dale

Boaz
03-31-2016, 08:30 PM
I agree , it's a collaborative effort , not one but the whole ! We form a body that our Lord can work through ;

Matthew 18;20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

rl69
03-31-2016, 08:39 PM
God is good. A few weeks ago I was thinking something on the same lines but God laid it on my hart not to post. I now see why. Thank you for your post

Boaz
03-31-2016, 09:27 PM
Heck rl69 there's room for all , never too late .

rl69
04-02-2016, 09:56 PM
We can't bring people to Christ if we or fighting over the little things we must rejoice in what we agree on

Boaz
04-02-2016, 10:39 PM
You are right rl69 and if you sit down and talk you find out the differences are usually small and not important in the bigger scheme of following Christ .

Blackwater
04-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Amen, Boaz. Great thought. We all wear different clothes, but they're all clothes, and they cover different but very similar bodies. And we call ourselves "humanity" even though we really are a bunch of very individual creatures. Christianity is like that. We have our differences, but we're all the same as well, just as you stated. This is why I decided to jump in to this and the P&R sections of the board. Untested faith is pretty useless, and I wanted the best thoughts to consider, and the biggest challenges to my own beliefs, and I did pretty good coming here and to the P&R sections. I've been challenged pretty well, and I've surely been inspired by the folks here. I don't think anyone who posts here has failed to impress me.

And it's so good to have a place where we're ALLOWED to discuss all the very seIt matters, and No. 1 has really given us a great place here, and I'd like to thank him for providing us such a special place as we have here. You have my profound respect, sir! Thanks! And it matters.

Blackwater
04-03-2016, 07:28 PM
As Yogi Berra famously quipped..." You can observe a lot just by watching. " That is how this place is....

I have a thought I just can't make solid and 'Viola' .... Someone else states it "as clear as is the summer's sun". ( another W Shakespeare quote)

I am beginning to think this place is bigger than the sum of us....

Dale

Outstanding point. He said wherever two or more are gathered in His name, He'd be there too. I think that's the added element you refer to. Funny, ain't it, how He never fails to keep His promises, and we can't even seem to keep the simplest ones? And how He loves us anyway? I'll never quite be able to wrap my mind around the greatness and wonder and scope of God's Love for us, and His tender care. I can only stand in awe at the sheer scope and nature of it all.