PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shops in Philly??

ihmsakiwi
05-05-2008, 08:38 PM
OK, since there seems to be a dearth of gun shops in Chicago, how about Philly?
I am flying into Philly and driving through to Reading for a meeting on the way to Chicago. Any gun shops in that neck of the woods?
Excuse my ignorance, but as my name suggests, I am from New Zealand and only the gunshops stock any shooting gear. But I see you also have a lot of gun-related items in other retail chains. I am after mainly gas checks (Hornady), bore-snakes and a good RCBS 200 gr 357 mould if I can find one. Any suggestions as time is tight on this trip? Peter.

runfiverun
05-05-2008, 11:22 PM
you can order all of that stuff from midway usa

ihmsakiwi
05-06-2008, 05:02 AM
I know they won't export outside of USA & Canada. I worry if I get stuff sent to the Hotel in Chicago that I won't see it. You know, over zealous staff seeing a package from a gun supply shop addressed to an unknown guest. I see there is a Cabelas in Chicago, but they don't stock Hornady checks. Peter

eljefe
05-06-2008, 07:51 AM
There is a Cabela's not too far from Reading. It is in Hamburg, PA.

imashooter2
05-06-2008, 08:13 AM
King Shooter Supply http://www.betterbullets.com
Good selection of reloading supplies, but not sure if you'll find checks. I highly doubt you'll find a mold.

Seneca Arms Company in Green Lane. Like a mini gun show. Lots of boxes of stuff he buys from the locals, great selection of used rifles. The molds and checks are very hit or miss, depending on what he found this week. Might want to call ahead (215) 234-8984. The shop is worth stopping at even if he doesn't have what you need.

Wayne Smith
05-06-2008, 09:22 AM
When will you be here? If you e-mail any shop of quality with what you want, call with payment , and give them time to get the stuff in, you should be able to get anything legal delivered to that shop and pick it up when you get there.

ihmsakiwi
05-08-2008, 04:16 AM
Thanks Guys. I am in Chicago 15th to 20th May then in Philly over-nighting on the 21st. I will try wayne,s suggestion and order ahead.
I will also check out your suggestions imashooter2. Thank you. Peter