PDA

View Full Version : To Moderators or whoever needs to see this

bubba.50
03-24-2016, 04:55 PM
I received a PM on another forum from a feller says he's a member here. name is John D. Smith, user name Ole Jack. says he can log in, change his profile, look around but, he can't post on any page or contact anybody to find out what's goin' on if he's banned or in time-out or what, even by usin' the "contact us" or whatever it's called. if anybody can help him out or wants to, there ya go.

I don't have a dog in this fight so, if ya have any info for him send it to him.

jcwit
03-24-2016, 05:45 PM
Little different here, but I'm Banned from another forum, but I log in with my tablet, no problem. I can log in, post, do everything, but not with my laptop.

xs11jack
03-24-2016, 06:54 PM
Well this is a fine how do you do. I was at another site this morning and then came here. I tried to log in using my user name from the other site and of course this site said no you don't. I got confused and went back to the other site and looked up Bubba.50 and asked him to check this site and see if I was banned. Well after some more looking around it finally got thru to me that I was using the wrong username. I sincerely apologize to anyone I inconvenienced over this matter. My doc told me to watch out about the new meds might mess up my memory for a couple of weeks, he was right. I am messed up!!
Ole Jack

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Ole Jack,
Glad ya got it figured out. Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us.
Jon

dverna
03-24-2016, 08:18 PM
I get old timers disease more and more often too

leeggen
03-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Too many usernames and websites.LOL I've done the same thing only with passwords.
CD

runfiverun
03-25-2016, 10:33 AM
it's more fun when those passwords expire every 90 day's and you have to keep coming up with new ones.

Don Purcell
03-25-2016, 10:46 AM
I don't need meds to be confused I get to be that way for free!

Pine Baron
03-25-2016, 10:49 AM
LOL, that's why I write everything down. Now if I could only find that piece of paper!!

aephilli822
03-25-2016, 11:50 AM
Where are going? And, what are we doing in this handbasket?????[smilie=l:

mold maker
03-25-2016, 12:24 PM
Well being 74, I started out with a small (now antique) computer (brain) with limited memory. I have progressed to the point that I've run out of Ram memory capacity. Thus in order to remember something new, I have to forget something old. It also appears that my rememberer is getting slower, while my forgetter is running wild.
That's my story and I'll forget it if you don't agree.

nicholst55
03-25-2016, 02:16 PM
And then there was the day that I entered an incorrect password three consecutive times at work (Army), and got locked out of the network. Had to drive clear across post to the IT folks, and have them 'unlock' me... I blame it on having CRS.

Moonie
03-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Easy for me, I just use the same username everywhere, if it is taken either I'm already a member or I don't need the competition :)

bubba.50
03-29-2016, 11:54 AM
Easy for me, I just use the same username everywhere, if it is taken either I'm already a member or I don't need the competition :)

same here. I know a few people who are on about all the same forums I am & they have different usernames on all of them. don't know how they keep track or why. some days I barely know who I am in real life without tryin' to keep straight which forum I'm on & who I am there.

leadman
03-29-2016, 12:20 PM
My wife bought me a book designed like a personal phone book but for user names and passwords. Computers solved so many problems, right??

RogerDat
03-29-2016, 01:12 PM
Password Safe https://sourceforge.net/projects/passwordsafe/ I think there is also keypass http://keepass.info/download.html
Both of these work on the same principle. You add user names and passwords with a site name (along with notes like URL or whatever). The "safe" stores that stuff in encrypted format for security.

You only have to remember one password, the one to open the safe. Then you can click on the item in the list to copy and paste your password (or user name) into the login screen. Application can be kept on a usb thumb drive along with the "safe" data file. Mac users I think you have a version of keypass available or can download one. I think password safe is windows or Linux.

Echo
03-29-2016, 01:41 PM
My excuse is that my memory got shot off in the war. That's my story and I'm stickin' with it...

Blackwater
03-29-2016, 02:43 PM
I'm with mold maker. Seems to be an epidemic going around! All my friends have it too, it seems. Ain't it funny how that works?