PDA

View Full Version : I need 1 1/2"x12thd all thrd

georgeld
05-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Does anyone have some short pieces of this size all thread?

12tpi, 1 1/2" dia. Needs to be at least 2" long min.

I've priced 24" at $46 at Grainger, a local machine shop wants $27 for a foot pc.

Surely someone would have 6-8 pcs of this around some machine shops as trimmings.

This is what I need for the lead wire press dies. Iv'e got the mold made now. Need these slugs to drill for the wire dies bushings now.

e/m: georgeld@hotmail.com might work quicker as I don't get on here every night now that it's warmed up.

Thank you,

Buckshot
05-05-2008, 12:54 AM
............... Is it really 1-1/2x12 or rather 1-1/4x12? I don't have scraps of either, but just curious.

...............Buckshot

georgeld
05-06-2008, 02:12 AM
I've got it right!

Bore is 1 1/4" was hoping they'd thread it 1 3/8's, but, went clear out to inch and a half 12thd.

I'm hoping to find some short pcs to save $46 next month, but, to make sure I have it to work with I ordered a 2ft stick just in case. Hate to pay that much, but, beats Corbins prices, right?

Last month I bought a new jack for it. At least I've got tons of lead, bunch of it is soft too.

Needing to make some dies though. Am back to painting the house for now. Was in the middle of that in 05 when I tore up my back. Been down til this spring. So far, am doing good.