PDA

View Full Version : New Sportmans Warehouse

dtknowles
03-18-2016, 10:17 PM
They just open a new store walking distance from my house. Prices are cheaper than I saw at the guns shows lately. Quite a bit of stock including cast bullets. Primers are still 3 cents each in quantity but there are lots on the shelf. I did not buy anything except the new Hodgdon Annual Manual. Oh, even the cheapest .22 lr was 10 cents a round but they had plenty of the whole line of Aquila .22 ammo.

Tim

Scharfschuetze
03-19-2016, 12:58 AM
We have one about 5 miles from our place. I often get my hunting licenses there as well as steel shot waterfowl ammo as I don't reload that.

stubbicatt
03-19-2016, 06:40 AM
I've had largely positive experiences at two different locations. It is my go to local merchant for all things firearms.

PbHurler
03-19-2016, 07:04 AM
We used to have one here, they pulled up stakes just before the obama years. They carried a good selection of powders and primers. Their reloading equipment selection was limited but I did manage to replace almost all of my die sets when I changed over to Redding brand.

Their departure was also about the time Bass Pro was given a huge tax break to open up here. (I still prefer Sportsman's WH)

I wish they were still here.

Shiloh
03-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Gone here.
There is a Gander Mountain, Dick's and Scheel's.
Sheel's has powder and Primers. Sticker shock at Gander.

Shiloh

OS OK
03-19-2016, 11:51 AM
The first time I visited a store out here I almost wet my pants!
I saw every powder canister of every brand manufactured and displayed on a top shelf that you could see from the front of the store.
I was mesmerized…I got a chill down my spine…I thought…"How will I explain this expenditure to my wife?"
While perusing the powders a gentleman walked up to ask if I needed any help…"Heck yeah…I need a scrap paper and pencil and I'll give you a list of what I want…"
Then his seeing me perusing the 'display-O-Powders' he quipped…"But…these on this lower shelf are all the ones we currently have in stock."
Looking down I saw only a handful of 'oddballs' and only one canister of '700X'…"Awh nawh…really? What are those up there, can't you sell them?"
I squeaked!…"No, they are just empty displays."

Just another example of one of those times of…'The day I thought I died and went to Heaven!'