PDA

View Full Version : Zinc stick on WW.

JeffinNZ
05-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Team.

Got my first STICK ON zinc WW yesterday. Never seen one before. It is marked "ZnAl".

It's getting worse!!!!

Down South
05-04-2008, 06:35 PM
I haven't seen any of the stick-on's yet but I run across a good many of the clip-on's.

cabezaverde
05-04-2008, 07:19 PM
I get some of my wheel weights from a repair place that does a lot of foreign car work.

A while back, I smelted about 6 buckets down. While sorting thorugh, I pulled out about 5 lbs of zinc and steel weights. They are becoming more common around here.

Tom Herman
05-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Hi Jeff,

I've not run into any of those weights yet, what a scary proposition! "ZnAl" means Zink-Aluminum, that's a truly scary alloy!
I guess more vigilance is required all the time with recovering wheel weights.

-Tom

Team.

Got my first STICK ON zinc WW yesterday. Never seen one before. It is marked "ZnAl".

It's getting worse!!!!

compass will
05-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi Jeff,

I've not run into any of those weights yet, what a scary proposition! "ZnAl" means Zink-Aluminum, that's a truly scary alloy!
I guess more vigilance is required all the time with recovering wheel weights.

-Tom

Don't both zinc and Aluminum melt above 700 deg? Next batch I am going to just sort out the trash, but now worry about pulling the zinc out. Keep the batch below 700 and just fish them off the top.

I have been finding more zinc stick on then I have in clip on.

wiljen
05-05-2008, 12:28 PM
ZnAl more than likely means it is made of zinc and designed for Aluminum Mag wheels. Not that it is an alloy of the two. Check your lead WW - alot of those have the AL designation too.

JeffinNZ
05-05-2008, 06:10 PM
ZnAl more than likely means it is made of zinc and designed for Aluminum Mag wheels. Not that it is an alloy of the two. Check your lead WW - alot of those have the AL designation too.

I concur. Either way though the Zn is becoming more prevelant.