PDA

View Full Version : Thought for the day

Boaz
03-18-2016, 07:48 AM
It's morning and the sun will be up shortly . It's a new day and I was reading some scripture. We all know this verse and have read and heard it many times.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+6%3A10-20&version=NKJV#fen-NKJV-29350a)] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

I always refresh myself with it but this part is the best for me, the last.

19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

I intend to speak boldly today , as I ought to speak !

Bzcraig
03-18-2016, 08:58 AM
Thank you brother!

Pine Baron
03-18-2016, 10:09 AM
In Jesus name, Amen.

Blackwater
03-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Amen again!

And you know, I think one reason why things seem to be going so badly for our nation today is because the great masses have forgotten that, "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+6%3A10-20&version=NKJV#fen-NKJV-29350a)] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

We can't defeat what we don't recognize or address, and that leaves us at the mercy (not much!) of our own foolishness and willfulness and neglect. We seem to be so wrapped up in the petty and passing things of life that we don't attend to that which is everlasting. That can never end well, and now, it seems to be a national pastime. I fear for my country, but having read The Book to the end, I know how it all ends, and for those who've been faithful, it ends better than we can presently understand or conceive. Now THAT too, is very humbling!

And it's all a gift, too! Nothing we have ever done or could possibly do would be sufficient to EARN one whit of it. It's all free, if we'll but accept it and dedicate ourselves to following Him, however clumsily we sometimes do that. "Surely Grace and Mercy shall follow" us, and I for one am humbled by our need for it. Who could not love Christ for what He did for us, that we could never do for ourselves? Truly, He HAS to love us far beyond our meager ability to understand. Thankfully, all we have to do is simply accept what He so freely and lovingly gives us. How could anything be more humbling than that?

Boaz
03-18-2016, 06:28 PM
GOD does not expect his people to lay down or give up his commandments and law . We are expected to uphold them , we are expected to hold him up in all things. Not give up to trendy popular opinion or law of the land that goes against his law.

Mark 12;17
King James Version (http://biblehub.com/kjv/mark/12.htm)
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.