PDA

View Full Version : Gunshow this weekend

abunaitoo
03-16-2016, 10:24 PM
We're having our twice a year Gunshow this weekend.
Been sorting and packing stuff to take, and hopefully sell.
I think this will be my 10th, one man, show.
Saturday and Sunday.
I think we're over 300 tables.

We have a couple of vendors from the lower 48 that come to the shows.
One of them seems to do really well selling knife sharpeners.
He's a good guy. Even comes with us after the show to eat dinner.
For those of you that have a business, I think it is still a tax write off.
If interested, I can send some info.
Show tables sell out fast. This show is all sold out as of three weeks ago.

pill bug
03-16-2016, 11:01 PM
My very first post is one of surprise. They have gun shows in Hawaii? Cool, but unexpected. Kaneohe, sounds (to me) like a exotic, out of the way place. Well beyond the gun show circuit. Glad to see I'm wrong and delighted to learn something new in my first moments here.

abunaitoo
03-21-2016, 10:35 PM
Survived another Gunshow.
Didn't buy anything exciting.
Sold a few things.
Made a little extra.
Tired.

1989toddm
03-21-2016, 10:37 PM
What island are you on? I've only been to Kauai, but saw no evidence of guns there. What are most gun people into over there?

abunaitoo
03-21-2016, 11:37 PM
I'm on Oahu.
Funny I had a few customers come by that live on Kauai.
Didn't get their names, but the bought a few things.
A guy I know, Justin, lives here, but is on Kauai all the timer.
Family has a ranch, or something like that, over there.
We have lots of hunters. I'm now a collector. To lazy to hunt anymore.

1989toddm
03-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Lots of hunters. I would never have guessed! Guess I need to time our visits better and find a bit of hunting to do!

mold maker
03-22-2016, 10:36 AM
At the C&E Show at Hickory this past weekend, I have never seen so many black rifles although still at higher prices. There was no powder and I didn't see primers. Seems as if the selection of hand guns is down, and prices are up.
It's a problem for me to walk the 1/4 mile to get in and then the aisles of rude younger folks elbowing their way in front of you.
I'm disappointed to the point of not attending. There are other places I can spend the $10. entry fee.

quilbilly
03-22-2016, 08:04 PM
My hunting partner spend six months a year on Oahu. He loves hunting axis deer and pigs. He tells me axis steaks are primo. He will be returning to paradise (the Olympic Peninsula) in a couple weeks.

PS Paul
03-22-2016, 08:32 PM
Man, Quill. What a life he has! HI in winter and summer out here? He'll be gettin back just in time for bass fishin' to cut loose! I'm gettin' pretty anxious myself. Just a few more weeks and some higher temps then it's fish on! Ha ha!!

quilbilly
03-23-2016, 08:09 PM
The water in the lake down the road from me is still 43 degrees so it may be a little while before good bass fishing kicks in. I usually wait until the water gets to 52 before I start tossing jigs and stick-baits. My partner is a semi-retired surgeon so is a good guy to have around on adventures. He and his wife are serious blackpowder hunters here. I may have been a bad influence on him though. He had never duck hunted until I introduced him. A monster was thus created so bought a hunting kayak and he won't leave for Hawaii until he has done enough water fowling. Hard on his wife. Terrible thing