PDA

View Full Version : Lyman #45

ranger1962
03-16-2016, 05:26 PM
I bought 2 luber sizes on here a few years ago. They were both sold as good but are pretty much junk. I found them in a box under the bench. I would really like to get at least one to work. Is there any rebuild kits or tips. I looked on eBay and they have o rings for the plunger but when I pulled the plunger on mine it has a brass spring band. Are there o rings under the band? Thanks for any help or advice that you can offer.

rwadley
03-16-2016, 06:57 PM
It is ''either/or''. It is either the brass band OR o-rings.

PS Paul
03-16-2016, 07:32 PM
There is a member here who has rebuilt/restored several of them and just recently sold some of them in the swap and sell area. He may be able to offer some tips?
i think doing a search on Lyman 45 lubrisizer will yield some compelling results.

fryboy
03-16-2016, 07:48 PM
Yup it's the original style of pressure nut,Lyman sells the new style with o rings fairly cheap ,but ...the brass ringed ones have worked and as long as they don't leak too bad will still work,of note they weren't made to crank down until you can't crank anymore ...look in the stikkies for the 45 thread

ranger1962
03-16-2016, 10:21 PM
Lots of useful info in the stickie column.

Drygulch
05-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Hi Ranger, I have the older 45 model, NO O-Rings, it has the threaded piston with attatched brass compression ring, that is aligned with the two opposing holes at the top to keep it attatched to the piston, at times, the compression ring get detatched and stays at the bottom of the cylinder. Remove the piston, slide a hooked tool down inside the cylinder till it bottoms out, turn the hook towards the inner cyl wall, SLOWLY pull up till you feel the hook grab the bottom of the ring, and pull it up till it clears the top of cyl. GOOD LUCK ROD:bigsmyl2:

ncbearman
05-01-2016, 08:12 PM
http://www.lymanproducts.com/store/page150.html