PDA

View Full Version : protect your eyesight!

wmitty
03-16-2016, 06:38 AM
Injured my left eye in a carpentry accident and am having lots of fun with a lacerated cornea and looking at a 3 month recovery period to regain partial
sight in the eye. Can see bright light but that's it at this time. Looking at about $20 K for surgery, anesthesia and clinic costs. Sure would have been cheaper to have been wearing a full face shield.

osteodoc08
03-16-2016, 07:11 AM
Sorry to hear this happened. Praying for a full and complete recovery for you.

If you dont mind, could you give more details? If at home, will homeowners coverage cover you for injury?

OS OK
03-16-2016, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry for your dilemma!
I have lived since I was 8 or so with an injured eye…I got mine fighting pirates!..I lost.
Whatever the outcome…your brain will compensate somewhat for that goofey feeling you have at the moment and you will manage as well as you intend to manage.

I'll put in some words with my Jesus tonight when I hit the sack…I'll try not to forget but I'll geterdone for ya!

OS OK

Budzilla 19
03-16-2016, 08:54 AM
Been living with just one sided vision for 44 years now. With the advances made today, there is hope for you sir! Good luck to you!

Walter Laich
03-16-2016, 09:11 AM
prayers up for you. Hope you have a uneventful recovery

s1120
03-16-2016, 11:21 AM
That's no fun!! Sorry about that. Ive been pretty much one sighted since I was a kid. Nerve issues... you do adjust if you NEED to.... but hope you get all fixed up!!

HB0708
03-16-2016, 11:26 AM
So sorry to hear that! Hoping that you recover quickly and fully! Thanks for the reminder about safety too.

wmitty
03-16-2016, 11:46 PM
osteodoc08

I was removing a piece of siding ( 1 x 10" x 2' long ) from over my head with a pry bar. Instead of the nails being loosened, the board snapped lengthwise and fell about 18" with a lower corner striking me directly in my left eye. Very strange in that I was wearing prescription glasses which were pushed down as the tip of the corner cut thru my eyelid and cornea.

Frank46
03-17-2016, 12:09 AM
When I worked for a living I had prescription glasses with safety lenses. And since retiring have paid the extra to continue that practise. Only once did I get the plastic lenses. Soon as I could went back to the safety ones. The plastic ones scratched very easily and within 6 months were almost unusable.

David2011
03-17-2016, 12:27 AM
Prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

David

Spector
03-17-2016, 12:55 AM
I was using my grinder back in 81 and not wearing my safety glasses. I had metal and pieces of grinding wheels removed before with no issues. This time a very tiny piece of steel hit me nearly dead center of my right eye. My 20/20 vision went to 20/40 and finally stabilized at 20/35.

I can no longer use an aperture sight as the scar seems to be suspended right in the middle of the rear sight. They ground the rust ring out and now a hard contact lens will not stay put in my eye. It is a pain in the rear end, but I have lived with it so long my brain has adjusted. I was right eye dominant. Still am.......sometimes. Other times I show left eye dominant.

I use an isosceles stance and my left eye. Occasionally a modified weaver stance. But I can still shoot, so l am lucky and what I lost is my own ''stupid'' fault.

Now I've been told I have two different types of cataracts in both eyes. It amazing what the brain can compensate for.

I just wish mine was better at focusing on safer procedures.

You eye will heal and over time probably better than you are able to imagine now. And your brain will adjust to your new situation.

Mike

BlackPowderBen
03-17-2016, 06:01 PM
Very sorry to hear of your accident my friend

Shiloh
03-18-2016, 06:55 PM
All the best. Prayers for your eyesight.

Shiloh

Follow Me
03-19-2016, 11:45 AM
So very sorry for your accident sir. I'll say a prayer each day. Please remember, GOD helps those who help themselves by keeping a good and receptive attitude. You will recover and all our prayers will help you.

Follow Me