PDA

View Full Version : 22 Long Rifle at MA Cabela's

OptimusPanda
03-12-2016, 03:00 PM
I hope this is the right place for a post like this...Just drove up the the new cabelas they put in Hudson. As of half an hour ago they had 7 remington buckets o bullets for $89! I haven't seen those in a long time. So if you're here in the people's commonwealth and need 22, head up there soon! There were other kinds of 22 as well but those caught my eye.

2wheelDuke
03-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Good deal. I just paid $104 for a bucket from Midway last week.

BD
03-12-2016, 08:09 PM
So how many rounds are in a "Bucket"? I'm missing the $24.95 550 packs of Federal at Wallmart. They tell me they still get them sometimes but they're gone by 6:45AM. As I don't have the luxury of standing in line at Wallmart every morning, I've been getting a little low on .22

Gar
03-12-2016, 08:14 PM
1400 rounds, makes it 6.39 cents per round.

runfiverun
03-13-2016, 12:08 AM
that's about the best price out there.
I seen some 22's on the shelves today at the sportsman's warehouse they had 550 packs of the Remington's for 35.00 so about the same price each as the buckets.
they also had cci's for around 9 bucks a hundred.
I didn't even look for 22's at the cabela's while we were there, I was too busy laughing at their other prices on stuff.

OptimusPanda
03-13-2016, 12:32 AM
I kinda did a double take at first at the value of it. Then realized that I had enough 22 on hand to last a good while at the rate I shoot it. They had a whole endcap shelf of pmc 223 too at 6.50 a box.

marlin39a
03-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Wow, a Cabelas in Massachusetts? I've been out of there for 16 yrs. I'm surprised they would do business there and not just go to New Hampshire. Massachusetts sure makes life tough on legal gun owners.

Clay M
03-13-2016, 10:35 AM
Went in a large rip off gun store Saturday and they had CCI Standard Vel for $70 a brick.
Drove down the road two miles and found two bricks for $50 each.
By the time I pay shipping I have been paying about $50 a brick for both CCI Standard,and Norma Tac when I can find it on sale.
Those are the only two I am buying currently.
I still have plenty of junk ammo I bought when I saw Obama was going in the first time.

OptimusPanda
03-13-2016, 02:23 PM
It can be difficult to get ammo here at times. Most online suppliers have blanket policies that they wont ship to mass. Local gun shops around have ammo prices all over the place, walmart is an option if they stock what you want. You can find good deals at the shows sometimes too. Reloading is an easy way out of the madness. You just have to go searching for the primers and powder locally.

Geezer in NH
03-14-2016, 09:50 AM
It can be difficult to get ammo here at times. Most online suppliers have blanket policies that they wont ship to mass. Local gun shops around have ammo prices all over the place, walmart is an option if they stock what you want. You can find good deals at the shows sometimes too. Reloading is an easy way out of the madness. You just have to go searching for the primers and powder locally.They can only ship to an FFL that is MA Law and has been for years

2wheelDuke
03-14-2016, 11:37 AM
2 days ago, Bass Pro Shops in Ft. Lauderdale had a couple buckets on the shelf at $77 each. I bought one and left the other. The 525 "bricks" of the same Rem Golden were $30.

OptimusPanda
03-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Not quite true, our local rights organization GOAL says there's no law on the books preventing a licensed permit holder from receiving ammo. But our attorney general likes to pretend there is.

Geezer in NH
03-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Not quite true, our local rights organization GOAL says there's no law on the books preventing a licensed permit holder from receiving ammo. But our attorney general likes to pretend there is.As a former FFL shipping ammo was no go to non ffl in MA My shop even had 3 shops in MA that would take our shipments for free to MA buyers.

Good luck getting shipments from any legitimate source as I said MA laws and prosecutions mean NO.

You elected your attorney general and want someone else to have to spend money to fight a prosecution for shipping you ammo? Sure gonna happen NOT. Have a nice day if you are not working for the MA SP or attorney general.