PDA

View Full Version : questions for fellow type 6 commercial casters

Red Ork
03-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Hello,
For those of you who don't know me I am a very small hobby type 6 business (yes I went through all the hoops) that is finally starting to hit my break even point and not lose my shirt. I mostly just sell word of mouth at local club and IDPA/ICORE/Steel matches and some Facebook sales. This is basically a 2 day per week business around my regular job at this point. However in the classic small business model I am now in cash flow crunch mode. AAANND my insurance is due to renew[smilie=b:

I have been using the Joseph Chiarello & Co. that seems to be the most common, but their minimum policy amount ($1,200) even with financing would be a hurdle for me right now. Is there any other companies for general (or product) liability coverage that accepts our business? I know the Lochton policies for FFL's and instructors DO NOT cover any sort of manufacturing. Is there anyone else I could comparison shop with?

Also, I have not been able to swing a Mayco order big enough for their minimum, and they directed me to Missouri Bullet CO (not sure if they are members here or not) and I have been buying one or two ~66 lb boxes per week, but it averages over 2.30/LB compared to the $1.90/LB last time I bought a ton. Would any of you big boys be willing to sell me small amounts like this for a bit better rate until I can hopefully turn the corner?

Thanks for any advice or feedback,
Dan "Red Ork"