PDA

View Full Version : my sons huge 4 point muley is very very very rare.

johnson1942
03-04-2016, 04:43 PM
picked up my sons european mounts today at the taxidermist, full skull mounts. one is a huge white tail 4 point and the other is a huge 4 point mule deer. the taxidermist said your son shot something so rare i called the state biologist and the local game warden and they came over and took pictures of it. the mule deer had a wolf like canine tooth on the right side and a empty socket on the left where one was and fell out. the state biologist said it was the first he had ever seen and it goes back to deer thousands of years ago. the biologist said most likely we never will see another one as long as we live. have any one of you ever seen a deer with canine teeth in the united states? it was a huge muledeer buck with a huge 4 point rack that had seen a lot of fighting, very very worn rack and chipped. my 16 year old son has the knack for finding real wall hangers. all his other racks are out standing and one white tail one will probably never be duplicated by him ever. kroger knows my son and they both bonded really well as kroger is a dyed in the wool real hunter and so is my son. they are two peas in a pod.

2ndAmendmentNut
03-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Never seen or heard of such a thing. Would love to see pictures. I many kill axis deer. Axis antlers are impressive, but they all look the same.

OverMax
03-04-2016, 06:21 PM
I guess every species has its throw back. Deer with canine teeth. Now that would be something to see.

M-Tecs
03-04-2016, 06:23 PM
This thread is no good without pictures:bigsmyl2:

waarp8nt
03-05-2016, 12:21 AM
A descendant of a saber tooth mule deer? I would like to see pictures too.

Lloyd Smale
03-05-2016, 09:23 AM
id like to see pictures too!!!!!!!!

MrWolf
03-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Pictures, pictures, pictures please. It sounds really interesting.

dondiego
03-05-2016, 10:32 AM
There is a mount of a buck with canines at the Dundee, MI. Cabela's but it is from an Asian deer species.

johnson1942
03-05-2016, 11:48 AM
ill try to get the wife to do pictures today, the tooth isnt as big as the asian deer but it is their. in research ive found 3 recorded in nebraska and one in idaho or some place like. most are white tails. one in new york state also. the internet said possibly 1 in 100,000 deer. thousands of years ago the internet said the horns were smaller and the tusk were quite large and they fought with them. even elk had them. they also said if a elk and sometimes a deer feel threatened they will curl their lips back like they did thousands of years ago to make the tusk look bigger and this is telling something go away or i will charge you. i know also the native americans highly value two teeth from elk and they bring a high price even today. i dont know if they are what is left of tusk in elk, but they may be just teeth. these tusk when they show up are ivory and not of teeth material. well the wife just got up and ill ask her about her day as she is full time work and full time college. she will have 9 years of college soon and be a nurse practitioner and see patients in a local clinic.

koger
03-05-2016, 05:42 PM
I wished I had saw that while there Roger, that is too neat! I know Rogers son has taken some very nice bucks, anyone would be proud of, that boy is a hunter, and a shot too! Tell Kari not to burn the candle too much at both ends with school and work!

johnson1942
03-05-2016, 07:29 PM
she said she will do pictures but she studied all day for a big midterm. as far as the little tusk, its pretty hard to see if your not looking for it on a deer all fleshed out. i really bet it has happened to some one on cast bullets but just didnt get noticed. on research the most likely spot in the US for this is in the south western part of out country. again as ive said before it is usually white tails but matts was a muley he shot down on the fisher ranch where we saw all the antelope and big mule deer herd. hope you come again to hunt sam, that was a lot of fun and God was good to us. this isnt no flatlanders country. that sure was a pretty piece of land you got your buck on. b.j. dun the taxidermist said to say hi to you. you ought to see the beautiful male mountain lion mount he is doing, someone got locally. he gets his deer every year with a lyman 1/48 twist muzzle loader right on his own land. some one layed a semi full of corn on its side not to far from my place. man are the deer collecting in that spot. a couple have been hit by cars and trucks going by their. one has to drive by that spot slow, that corn is a deer magnet. bring your shot gun next year and take even more pheasants back with you. its been a good winter for them and should be even more of them next muzzleloader season. just to let every one know pheasant season is the same a muzzle loader season here in neb. when koger and i hunted deer on some country roads their was uncountable pheasants in the fields on each side of the road. so many it was like a chicken yard. we even saw a lot of grouse, huge numbers of them.

claude
03-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Man......you better step away from the brownies, they got sumpin in'em makin you halucinate.....OR, just show us a picture or two and, like wow man, we'll know ya ain't pushing our leg:kidding:

waarp8nt
03-05-2016, 11:27 PM
some one layed a semi full of corn on its side not to far from my place. man are the deer collecting in that spot. a couple have been hit by cars and trucks going by their. one has to drive by that spot slow, that corn is a deer magnet.

I know its a bad deal the deer have caused some wrecks, but you should be happy they are eating the corn. A train dumped over near an underpass where an intersection for a highway and interstate exit meet. The corn was piled up, nothing would eat it and it soured leaving a nasty smell for quite some time.

Also, if you just having trouble posting the picture here on the forum, but can e-mail it then feel free to send it to me and I will post it. Lets just say curiosity is getting the best of me!

Hardcast416taylor
03-05-2016, 11:34 PM
Wonder if that deer could bark or growl?Robert

johnson1942
03-05-2016, 11:52 PM
most likely tomorrow we will get a picture of his small tusk on here.

Omnivore
03-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Yes; I was going to say tusks. Not canines. There is a trade in elk ivories. Not so much in deer, I think.

johnson1942
03-07-2016, 04:15 PM
most likely pictures to night. elk ivory is costly, the reason so not trading in deer ivory is the supply. a couple every 40 or 50 years.

Knarley
03-07-2016, 08:35 PM
My guess is that is a derivative of the elusive Transylvainian Mulie. What ya really have is a vampire on your hands. Make sure there is a wooden stake in one of the eye sockets, or you just might be sorry!! A little garlic wouldn't be a bad idea either. I don't think it would show up in a photo any way.........

Regards,
Knarley