PDA

View Full Version : MY state won yay Go NYS.

Outer Rondacker
03-02-2016, 08:31 AM
Ya we won alright. Worst state to retire in for the entire USA. GO NYS you are number one at overtaxing. Where did your state come in?

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/retirement/best-places-retire-how-state-ranks.aspx

Chihuahua Floyd
03-02-2016, 08:34 AM
16, North Carolina

MilesTeg
03-02-2016, 09:18 AM
I wish I could get out of this state and move to America!

GhostHawk
03-02-2016, 09:27 AM
#12 North Dakota, think it is the weather pulling us down.

I will admit much of South Dakota is lovely, rolling hills, lakes, duck sloughs, streams.
Mostly lightly touched and unspoiled. Where in Minnesota the lakes country is either on an indian reservation, or wall to wall cabins and retirement homes. Much of South Dakota's lakeshore is undeveloped. Tree's and grass roll neatly to the lakes edge, some farm fields.

It is a sportsman's dream. Fargo ND or Souix Falls SD are only a couple of hours away with top notch medical, dining, entertainment.

dtknowles
03-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Ya we won alright. Worst state to retire in for the entire USA. GO NYS you are number one at overtaxing. Where did your state come in?

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/retirement/best-places-retire-how-state-ranks.aspx

I looked at the table and think it is pretty useless, only two factors in the analysis are really a state wide property. That is the tax rate and the weather, everything else is more of a community factor and will vary greatly within a state.

Tim

rockrat
03-02-2016, 11:15 AM
#3 here

Artful
03-02-2016, 11:38 AM
#9 in Arizona - we need to ship some of these retired Liberals to you guys in Wyoming, South Dakota, Colorado, and Utah.

jcwit
03-02-2016, 11:39 AM
# 37 here, but taxes do affect me as Veteran Disability is not taxed.

Omega
03-02-2016, 12:02 PM
TN #19, but ranked 4th on tax rate. I don't get it, we don't have a salary tax but our sales tax is nearly 10%. And only our cost of living and tax rate has a good ranking, is that enough to override the high crime and shi..lousy health care?

Outer Rondacker
03-02-2016, 12:08 PM
I looked at the table and think it is pretty useless, only two factors in the analysis are really a state wide property. That is the tax rate and the weather, everything else is more of a community factor and will vary greatly within a state.

Tim

TN #19, but ranked 4th on tax rate. I don't get it, we don't have a salary tax but our sales tax is nearly 10%. And only our cost of living and tax rate has a good ranking, is that enough to override the high crime and shi..lousy health care?

Ahhh this is not the end all factoid. Just a fun thread based off a study my local news reported on. If my state had been anything but last I most likely would of not posted this. Have fun with it.

10% sales tax is higher then my state (8%) but then again our state sales tax varies based on the county tax added. Not sure if your state is the same having never lived there.

bedbugbilly
03-02-2016, 12:13 PM
MilesTeg . . . sorry Miles, but here in America, we only accept illegals . . . .

Artful . . . when you get that shipment ready, could you come to where we are an pick up one of my neighbors? I'm getting awful tired of having to look at his Bernie Sanders bumpersticker on the back of his truck that he parks illegaly on the street . . . . shouldn't complain though . . . I guess that goes with being one of the "entitled" ones?

Looking at the chart . . . I'm beginning to think that the best state to live in is the "state of ignorance and bliss"? :-)

dtknowles
03-02-2016, 01:20 PM
#9 in Arizona - we need to ship some of these retired Liberals to you guys in Wyoming, South Dakota, Colorado, and Utah.

Another problem with that analysis was it treated each category as equal.

Tim

bob208
03-02-2016, 01:29 PM
pa. number 20 but I think if we could give philly. to new jersey. we would rise up at least 10 points. maybe another 2-3 if we could give Pittsburg to Ohio.

Duckiller
03-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Think their weather rating is all BS. Sure Cal has lots of sunshine at 105*. That is not #2 in weather. My experience has been that most of these ratings are BS done for a client that has an axe to grind. Never admit who the client is.

Mk42gunner
03-02-2016, 05:00 PM
...Looking at the chart . . . I'm beginning to think that the best state to live in is the "state of ignorance and bliss"? :-)
Or denial.

I found it funny that the weather rating of Kansas is 17, while Missouri's is 38. Most of our weather comes from Kansas.

Robert

Fishman
03-02-2016, 05:20 PM
What a silly list. New Hampshire beats Texas . . . at anything? Sure.

I'm sure New Hampshire is nice but really.

Half Dog
03-02-2016, 05:30 PM
Well...I had to look. Texas at 21? I'm not sure about the accuracy, after all, we are south of the Mason Dixon.

Powder Burn
03-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Illinois did better than expected and even 46th in tax rate. Hey honey! Lets celebrate and open another can of dog food.

MT Gianni
03-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Montana is 6th and Wyoming #1. I am pretty sure weather has little to do with it.

Iowa Fox
03-03-2016, 03:16 PM

I remember the good old days here and complain. I guess I should shut up.

GaryN
03-03-2016, 06:49 PM

#4 We don't want em'. We got enough liberals in SLC. They got a lot of people down there and they vote. It screws up everything else.

winchester85
03-05-2016, 05:14 PM
#3 for me here in Colorado.

Colorado has great weather, if you like seasons, and great recreational opportunities.

However, Colorado has some crappy gun laws. A state income tax. Plenty of illegal aliens and the associated crime. We are overrun with liberals at every turn. A vehicle registration on a new truck will cost you about $600 or so. Rents are extremely high, home costs are very high, sales taxes are high, ownership taxes are high.

It is not all that it is cracked up to be if you are a firearms enthusiast. There are many existing laws and new ones proposed all the time that limit where, when, and what firearms you can use.

I really do not see Colorado as being number 3, I would place it about 10 or 15.

longranger
03-05-2016, 05:52 PM
#1, And I could not agree more.

fecmech
03-05-2016, 08:38 PM
NY taxes are high but like many things the devil is in the details. Back in 2005 I had planned to move to southern Missouri (West Plains) as we have some relation there. My BIL and SIL past away and my wife's other sister moved to Vegas to we did not move. At the time I did some checking and while property taxes in Mo. were lower I would have paid more in income and personal property in Mo. along with higher vehicle reg. fees. Basically NY vs Mo. for me (retired on a pension) was a wash as far as taxes were concerned. You have to look at the whole picture as it applies to you personally.