PDA

View Full Version : .224 Lee Bator bullet

Rustyleee
05-01-2008, 10:05 AM
I've seen a little talk about the Lee Bator bullet mould from Mid South. I went and looked in their catalog and didn't see anything about it listed. Is this something that has to be special ordered over the phone or am I just looking in the wrong place? Or maybe they don't show them till they have them back in stock again?

thanks,
Rustyleee

compass will
05-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I've seen a little talk about the Lee Bator bullet mould from Mid South. I went and looked in their catalog and didn't see anything about it listed. Is this something that has to be special ordered over the phone or am I just looking in the wrong place? Or maybe they don't show them till they have them back in stock again?

thanks,
Rustyleee

Go the Midsouth's website. Reloading, Casting, molds, special order molds, I think its the top one on the list.

IcerUSA
05-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Here : http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/department.asp?dept=%52%45%4C%4F%41%44%49%4E%47&dept2=%4C%45%41%44%20%42%55%4C%4C%45%54%20%43%41%5 3%54%49%4E%47&dept3=%53%50%45%43%49%41%4C%20%4F%52%44%45%52%20%4 D%4F%55%4C%44%53

Keith

compass will
05-01-2008, 12:42 PM
I just ordered mine (don't even have a gun that can shoot it yet). I was order #24. She said when they hit 25 they send the order to lee (but they buy extras to sell).

Who will be #25? :-D

17 and some change for a .22 mold ain't bad even if it turns out to be only good for shooting soda cans.

I added a couple ear plugs to get the total up to over $20.00 so there was no service charge.

SWIAFB
05-01-2008, 12:49 PM
I've had two on order since January.

Rustyleee
05-01-2008, 02:44 PM
OK I called Midsouth on the phone after lunch today. A very nice young lady talked me into the special order section so I'd know where it is in the future.
She also said this order had been placed with Lee and they expect them in on July 30. That's pretty good I got a date on my first phone call.

thanks all.

DLCTEX
05-01-2008, 10:45 PM
I placed my order in feb. after being told they were expected into the warehouse anytime now. I checked on it in April and was told they were expected soon. No mold yet. DALE

JohnH
05-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Over the last couple years, I've watched this mold on Midsouth. It is interesting that it will be listed "out of stock" for several months, then "in stock" for a month or so....then "out of stock".... the cycle repeating. Seems that the managment would get wise to the order cycle and increase their order as there seems to be a constant and unending demand for this mold.

compass will
05-02-2008, 07:49 AM
That's pretty good I got a date on my first phone call.

thanks all.

if you order it now, add something to make your total go over $20.00, When you checkout, because the mode is on backorder they give you 2 choices
remove backordered item from order
ship all items once backorder item is received.

Pick the one about shipping together, this gets your order in and your CC is not charged until they ship.

Good luck on your Date :drinks:

Rustyleee
05-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Right Will,
She said there wouldn't be a charge until the mould shipped. She also said I didn't have to worry about adding something else to the order to put it over $20 since the shipping charges would put it over the top and I wouldn't have to pay the extra 20.

compass will
05-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Right Will,
She said there wouldn't be a charge until the mould shipped. She also said I didn't have to worry about adding something else to the order to put it over $20 since the shipping charges would put it over the top and I wouldn't have to pay the extra 20.

I guess phone orders are different. I will have to remember that.
On the internet site, it was charging me a service charge, plus shipping.

JIMinPHX
05-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I’ve had 2 on order since February. When I placed my order, I asked the girl if they were holding off their order to Lee until they had a certain number of them on order. She said no, they were already on order with Lee. I said that I was asking because if they needed more to make the minimum, I might bump up my order & get more. Again she said that no, they were not waiting for a minimum number of orders. I guess that some people at Mid-South know what’s going on & others don’t.

In general, they are better to deal with than Midway. Midway will not hold an in-stock item for you until your back order shows up to save the extra shipping charge. Mid-South does it automatically unless you ask them to do otherwise. Mid-south will also modify orders that you have already placed if you ask them to do that too.

More on waiting for the Bators here –
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=22186