PDA

View Full Version : Large smelting pot valve

maxreloader
02-27-2016, 01:23 PM
I remember there was a member selling these a while back but I can't seem to find the thread when searching the site for it. Does anybody remember this thread/post? It was a valve (threaded) to be welded in place on your pot. Thanks!

maxreloader
02-27-2016, 01:28 PM
For clarification this would not be for a casting pot... To be used when building a large smelting pot

osteodoc08
02-27-2016, 02:52 PM
My buddy 45cal had leant me his smelting pot that has a valve on it. Hit him up by PM and he can guide you in how to make one.

45cal has been my mentor and is a genius with fabrication, lathe work, all things that shoot. He's been a good friend too.

FabMan
02-27-2016, 06:49 PM
I just copied the Lee pot. Half inch round stock with a point going into a 3/8 hole in the bottom of the pot. Used conduit to guide it to the hole. Fast, easy with no drips.

leftiye
02-28-2016, 07:40 AM
All's you need is a hole in the bottom of your pot where you can screw in a 90 degree (or straight depending on your design) 1/4 " pipe fitting and a rod with guides (guides welded to pot). Turn the end of rod conical and pound it into the fitting a little to round the fitting out and seat the point of the rod. Bend the rod at the correct height to use for a handle. The 90 degree will also need a short nipple tobe a spout.