PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm giving up casting...at least for now!

jimb16
02-24-2016, 09:49 PM
I just finished PCing a bunch of new boolits the other day and started reloading the few empties that I had laying around. I realized that I should probably quit casting at least for a while. Yup! You heard me right! I suddenly discovered that I have enough of them already in storage to keep me shooting everything that I own for the next 5-10 years! I didn't realize that I've become an addict! I have at least two molds for every caliber that I reload, and I think I reload at least 25 calibers. I think I need some serious help! Is there any treatment????

fryboy
02-24-2016, 09:58 PM
Well ... I dunno about treatment but ...you could classify this site as a support group ,or ..a bunch of enablers depending upon how you're bent :bigsmyl2:

PS Paul
02-24-2016, 10:05 PM
You just ain't shootin' enough, that's all!

get on down to the range. Stat! Ha ha

35 shooter
02-24-2016, 10:07 PM
Yep, sounds like you can just relax and enjoy shooting what you have in stock for quite a while.
Just don't go getting rid of all your casting equipment, as the day will come in the future when your low on stock again.

Then you can start the whole cycle over again!:bigsmyl2:

Windwalker 45acp
02-24-2016, 10:09 PM
Wow! That would be a real nice 'problem' to have!

I typically cast up a coffee can full, shoot, mine the berm, rinse and repeat. But with you, you are liable to forget how to cast once you get to the point of needing to. :)

Outer Rondacker
02-24-2016, 10:12 PM
I only wish I could get enough lead to stock up. I can not even get my hands on any local. My idea of local is two hours in a circle of my town. I have been buying up Cheap plated stuff for pistols and trying to get bulk group buys for some rifles. Other rifles have been put up for now as I only shoot lead in them and well I cast as I need. Last checked I had three corn cobs left straight WW.

I say good for you take a brake and get out and shoot.

jsizemore
02-24-2016, 10:20 PM
About the time you run out of lead is a good stopping point.

country gent
02-24-2016, 10:38 PM
Your problem isnt an over abundance of bullets but a lack of cases primers and powder. LOL.

dikman
02-25-2016, 12:47 AM
Treatment? What for? I don't see a problem.......

Rustyleee
02-25-2016, 01:03 AM
Ha Ha, you just think you'll quit.

You are a castaholic and there's no 12 step program for it.

captain-03
02-25-2016, 02:14 AM
Do what I do ... take the boolits that were cast first and stored away and then melt them down again and make something new!! They do not go stale that way!!

Hickory
02-25-2016, 02:56 AM
I just finished PCing a bunch of new boolits the other day and started reloading the few empties that I had laying around. I realized that I should probably quit casting at least for a while. Yup! You heard me right! I suddenly discovered that I have enough of them already in storage to keep me shooting everything that I own for the next 5-10 years! I didn't realize that I've become an addict! I have at least two molds for every caliber that I reload, and I think I reload at least 25 calibers. I think I need some serious help! Is there any treatment????

You show no signs that are out of the ordinary. However, you have fallen into a state, (of what I call) casters limbo. What ever you do, do not think you have lost interest in casting. When the urge comes on you, you will be at you bench as happy as a clam casting away until satisfaction fills your whole being. Then casters limbo will decend again upon you.
Happy casting and good shooting.

philzilla
02-25-2016, 03:32 AM
I to have more than i can shoot kids will have fun with them