PDA

View Full Version : Schuetzen vs Goex

54bore
02-21-2016, 12:06 AM
I looked through a few pages and didn't see anything recent on this so figured I'd bring it up, sorry in advance if this is an old horse and you fellas are tired of beating it! I was over at buffalo arms the other day to get a few items and figured since spring is just around the corner and I'll be shooting more I'd better get another pound of powder, I shoot Goex 2F in both my new englander and new Renegade, the guy that helped me gather my stuff spoke highly of this Schuetzen 2F powder, it was a couple bucks cheaper than Goex so I figured I would give it a try. What is your opinions, experience, etc. with this stuff?

sharps4590
02-21-2016, 07:24 AM
I used to use GOEX and never had any problems with it except the later batches of Cartridge weren't as good as the early ones. I suppose 10 or 12 years ago I tried my first Schuetzen and have since switched to it and have had at least as good results, if not better, than with GOEX. I use it in my muzzleloaders and BPC rifles. I have heard from some that they didn't like it as well as other powders, GOEX, Swiss and KIK, but that doesn't reflect my results and I'm pretty picky.

54bore
02-21-2016, 09:10 AM
Gonna try and get out today and shoot some of my new maxi balls, I will take this new powder along and try it as well

Tatume
02-21-2016, 09:21 AM
Nothing wrong with Schuetzen powder.

Mr Peabody
02-21-2016, 10:44 AM
I've used it in the past, with the chronograph running equal loads of either brand gave the same velocities and about the same fouling. I'd buy it for less money all the time.

swathdiver
02-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Good powder, little less smoke than Goex, slightly less fouling too.

koger
02-21-2016, 12:54 PM
I am a accuracy nut, it shot a little better in all my customs, less fouling and smoke, less money, all I buy now!

FrontierMuzzleloading
02-21-2016, 01:22 PM
I prefer goex. The other brand you mentioned made very dirty thick fouling and no where near as accurate as goex.

54bore
02-21-2016, 04:47 PM
I prefer goex. The other brand you mentioned made very dirty thick fouling and no where near as accurate as goex.

What was you shooting it in Cal etc.? Were you using round balls or conicals?

waksupi
02-21-2016, 07:30 PM
The one that works best for you, will depend a lot on your climate. For me, Schutzen has less and softer fouling than GOEX. Try some of each.

mooman76
02-21-2016, 08:33 PM
I'm lucky to find BP at all here not alone be able to compare two kinds. Thanks to a tip from someone here(I don't remember who) Basspros here now carries it. They were out yesterday when I asked but they did confirm they sell it at least and for now I have plenty but it's a good to know thing.