PDA

View Full Version : Caps/Covers for Lyman 45 and 450 lubesizers

Mark Daiute
02-19-2016, 09:10 PM
Several years ago someone gifted me a couple of caps for my lubesizers.

It looks like a am replacing several pressure screws in my Lyman 45's and I'm gonna need some more caps. I'd just as soon purchase them from a fellow board member than from Lyman so if you read this and you are the one that makes the caps, message me and thanks in advance!

All the best,

Mark

fryboy
02-19-2016, 10:19 PM
You can drill them out ( if you're careful ) to fit the longer threaded part of the newer style rods ,5/16 iirc .just let the drill do the work and keep it lubed and cool it it's cast iron/steel, a chamfer tool'll deburr it,

Mark Daiute
02-21-2016, 08:05 PM
You can drill them out ( if you're careful ) to fit the longer threaded part of the newer style rods ,5/16 iirc .just let the drill do the work and keep it lubed and cool it it's cast iron/steel, a chamfer tool'll deburr it,

yeah, I've done that but now I don't want to alter thoe original covers which makes no sense cause I sure aint gonna get any more original pressure screws.

Thanks, all, just wish I knew who the gentleman was that fixed my up all those years ago

fryboy
02-21-2016, 08:51 PM
Alternatively you could turn the threads off of the screw down to fit the cap ,I've found I like those extra few threads ( me fat fingers needs all the room they can get lolz)