PDA

View Full Version : 1886

Rifle 57
02-17-2016, 02:05 AM
Well I finely got a 1886/71 Pedersoli 45-70 Been waiting to find a good used one for a decent price and I found a super nice one with very nice wood and a case color receiver it is in like new condition for $989 bucks shipped! It was listed at $1099 but they were having a 10% off sale this week so I guess I lucked out for a change. It was on Guns International at Cabelas in Woodbury Mn. Cant wait until it gets here I am stoked.

wrench man
02-17-2016, 02:47 AM
I like mine, they are very nice rifles!

Rifle 57
02-17-2016, 02:55 AM
That is good to here wrench man I have heard of some guys that did not like them because of some feeding problems I think.

wrench man
02-18-2016, 02:39 AM
The one and only issue we've had with it is that it doesn't feed if you don't give the lever a firm full stroke?, the GF has an issue with it every once and a while?, I don't have any issues with it.

NSB
02-18-2016, 10:55 AM
Good luck with it. Good thing you got it at Cabela's. I purchased two of them new and neither would function. I even took one to Turnbull to see if I could pay to get it fixed. They told me they tried a couple and had the same problems with them I was having. I know what's wrong with them but I'm not going to go into detail here (I've written about this many times before). Cabela's, to their credit, gave me full refunds on both of them. I ended up buying a Win/Miroku 1886 which has been flawless. I'm assuming Pedersoli must have made a few good ones but neither of mine was good. FWIW, if you need warranty service on this gun you'll have to ship it to a warranty center in Kansas. The single gunsmith in the U.S. authorized to work on these guns lives in another state and goes there a couple of times a year to work on them. If he just left when yours arrives it could sit there a long time waiting. Keep your receipt and give it a good try out before waiting too long to get something done if needed. As far as having to rack the lever with a lot of power, that shouldn't ever be necessary if the gun is built correctly. Good luck.

Rifle 57
02-18-2016, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the info NSB. A friend of mine has one and it works perfectly so far I guess we will have to see. If it does not work properly I can probably repair it myself.
Loren