PDA

View Full Version : pork chop paradise

Lloyd Smale
02-15-2016, 10:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Wkz58rZOw&list=PLY6AVPh7Wrp06-fw7zhn6f4I8lAw3q5NB&index=9 I'm sure they don't show all the misses but these boys can shoot and run a bolt gun!

bayjoe
02-15-2016, 10:46 AM
Man now that's some shooting!!!
Really nice wood on those rifles too.

OS OK
02-15-2016, 12:01 PM
Some of the 'best trigger control' I've ever seen! Never thought that a scoped rifle would do so well on fast targets, especially in the thick woods.
Never used the aimpoint…now I'm rethinking that scope!

OS OK…'One Shot One Kill'

WILCO
02-15-2016, 12:10 PM
Impressive!

GREENCOUNTYPETE
02-15-2016, 12:15 PM
looks like a pig drive wonder if they are moving them with dogs

we do deer drives , and shoot deer like that , it's a blast , low power optics really shine on these types of shots both eyes open , established lead like your taking the far right bird from the 5th station in trap

in 25 years I think I have take 35-40 deer 5 were standing still 3 of those were from a tree stand

it took 4 years of missing then I got he hang of it and was taking a deer every year some years 2 and my best year 5 in a weekend

I run a Nikon 2-7x32 leave it on 2 power , it works really well in thick stuff and if you need to thread the needle on a walker a little farther out , a quick turn lets you

I got a vortex spitfire prism 1x to try this next year also

my son is 12 he got his first this year , i kicked up a fat bodied doe to him she ran across the field right to him she stopped for just a second when she was 25 yards out and realized he was standing there , we had worked on fast target acquisition , I would put 2 targets out at about 35 yards I would call out right or left , he had 2-3 seconds to have his shot off and be on target , he was so mad at me when I would say to late targets gone , but he got the feel for pulling up on target and squeezing off that round as soon as you had the cross hairs on your target for that kind of hunting it isn't how little you can make your groups it's how fast you can shoot a paper plate size area at 35 yards any where on the paper plate size area will kill with slugs at that distance.

Lloyd Smale
02-15-2016, 01:12 PM
i consider myself a fair rifle shot but there in a different zip code from me!

dave524
02-16-2016, 12:05 PM
Impressive shooting, not only are they hitting them but shot placement is good too, almost all were " bang flops " with not even a kick afterwards.

Probably shot in Europe

Baja_Traveler
02-16-2016, 12:52 PM
I remember seeing that, or one like it before - and if I recall it was from the Czech Republic. Like Germany, pretty much only the very well off can afford to hunt and own guns, so the high end equipment comes as no surprise. The only gun club I ever visited in Germany had a running boar shoot, where the targets ran on rails like these pigs run. Good practice for the real thing...

M-Tecs
02-16-2016, 01:04 PM
Practice is the key to running shots. As a kid I shot lots of running jack rabbits, fox and coyotes. Got to the point shooting flying pheasants with the 22 wasn't that difficult. That was a long time ago and running shots are much more challenging today.

leadman
02-16-2016, 01:39 PM
That is some very impressive shooting there.

pressonregardless
02-16-2016, 04:23 PM
Some fine shooting & a bunch of bacon, ribs & hams !!

EMC45
02-16-2016, 04:34 PM
That is definitely the next level. They are shooting long actions and I saw one of the cartridge boxes with 7MM Rem Mag on it. They are surely getting their share of pigs.....and recoil for the day. I was very impressed.

kiwi
02-16-2016, 04:36 PM
Boar shooting in Europe is like a Pro Golf Tour they are all Pro shooters most work for gun or scope manufactures they shoot in Germany Hungary Czech republic France and probably a few other counties Hornady supplied GMX ammo to some of them last year I think they are up to season 7

Thumbcocker
02-16-2016, 09:15 PM
Observations: Great trigger work. Look kids he's using a sling on the rifle. So that's why we get our butt kicked in the running boar Olympic event.

Daydream.... My chubby butt in that stand with the Bisley hunter model loaded with ranch dog 265's over 22 of 296 after lots of practice of course,

wv109323
02-16-2016, 10:39 PM
Running Boar is an Olympic event shot with .22 LR rifles with moving targets on a target stand. It is much more popular in other countries than the US. I am sure the hunters shown have had tons of practice before they went afield.
Also if you notice one of the shooting boxes has a number on it. That suggests to me that this was on a reserve as opposed to the natural landscape. There are shooting lanes in the woods and shots being taken down the road would be a big,big no-no if not under controlled conditions.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
02-16-2016, 11:11 PM
did you notice some of the trees had colored patches painted on them , most likely for range

str8shot426
02-17-2016, 12:02 AM
They look like Steyr rifles, not your everyday brush beater.