PDA

View Full Version : Lube clogging chamber in Glock 22 Lone Wolf bbl

Mwsenoj
02-15-2016, 04:08 AM
I have been loading my cast 175 Lee lately and lubing with BAC lube from White Label. The problem is that when starting with a clean chamber/barrel, before I get through a full mag, I will have issues with the slide moving forward all of the way. As stated in the title, I am shooting a Glock 22 with a Lone Wolf barrel and the loads are medium/light loads.

Originally, I thought it was excess lube on the bullets, so I cleaned a bunch, recleaned my barrel and then had the exact same problem.

Any clue what I can do to prevent the lube from getting into my chamber?

Video of a round that would not fully load.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JRmU60ZnQo

DougGuy
02-15-2016, 04:19 AM
What are you sizing to? Can you seat the boolit out long enough to go into the throat or do you have to seat rather short so it will plunk all your loads?

Mwsenoj
02-15-2016, 04:22 AM

Mwsenoj
02-15-2016, 04:23 AM
What are you sizing to? Can you seat the boolit out long enough to go into the throat or do you have to seat rather short so it will plunk all your loads?

.401 I'm seating short, 1.105

Ed_Shot
02-15-2016, 09:21 AM
The 401-175-TC shoots fine in my G22 w/LW barrel. I use a COAL of 1.110 but I have to crimp to .421. I lube with White Label 2500+. What is your measurement at the case mouth on a loaded round?

ioon44
02-15-2016, 09:46 AM
I have been loading my cast 175 Lee lately and lubing with BAC lube from White Label. The problem is that when starting with a clean chamber/barrel, before I get through a full mag, I will have issues with the slide moving forward all of the way. As stated in the title, I am shooting a Glock 22 with a Lone Wolf barrel and the loads are medium/light loads.

Originally, I thought it was excess lube on the bullets, so I cleaned a bunch, recleaned my barrel and then had the exact same problem.

Any clue what I can do to prevent the lube from getting into my chamber?

Video of a round that would not fully load.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JRmU60ZnQo

I use HI-Tek coating instead of lube with my Glock 22 Lone Wolf barrel, no build up, no leading, no problems. I also size to .402".

rsrocket1
02-15-2016, 12:35 PM
At 1.105 you are seating the bullet right to where the cone meets the rim right? Similar to the one on the right, but sized to 0.401? Ignore the text on the photo.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/rsrocket1/Shoot/Powder%20Coating/11cec18b-c949-4324-a90d-cc0b03d2f5b8_zps7924cbfc.jpg

With a low charge of powder, you aren't sealing the throat as the bullet leaves the case so the gases are blowing the lube into the gap between the rim and the end of the chamber. Try seating the bullet longer (just make sure the 0.401" part plunks into the chamber without resistance).

dudel
02-16-2016, 10:29 AM
With a low charge of powder, you aren't sealing the throat as the bullet leaves the case so the gases are blowing the lube into the gap between the rim and the end of the chamber. Try seating the bullet longer (just make sure the 0.401" part plunks into the chamber without resistance).

Rocket, I think you may be on to something. OP mentioned light/medium loads. I noticed the a similar thing on rounds with low charges of Unique. I'd get the dirtiest cases ever. Upping the charge closer to a max load, and the brass sealed the chamber and the cases cleaned right up. Many people blame Unique for being dirty; when in fact it's very clean if you run loads closer to the max charge.

prs
02-16-2016, 12:54 PM
This at least partly the barrel maker's fault. The leade from the chamber into the rifling is practically non-existent. That is not just lube, but powder and probably some scraped off lead.

prs

W.R.Buchanan
02-17-2016, 01:24 PM
Try the same loads in your stock barrel. If you don't have the problem then it's the barrel. Those boolits should run fine in a Stock Barrel.

Randy