PDA

View Full Version : New Caster

Elatta54
02-06-2016, 11:20 PM
I am very new to casting and wanted to share a recent experience.
I was melting down WW in a cast iron pot into ingots over a Coleman camp stove in my backyard when my noisy neighbor asked what I was cooking, and he would be right over. I explained it wouldn't be very tasty, but he pressed on so I told him. His jaw dropped saying "sorry I asked, but I won't ask anymore" he went back in his house and didn't come back out.

scottfire1957
02-06-2016, 11:30 PM
I hate noisy neighbors.:-)

shoot-n-lead
02-06-2016, 11:31 PM
Good deal...you don't need an audience anyway, when working with molten lead.

bangerjim
02-06-2016, 11:36 PM
At least he knows who to depend on in the "hood" when the robots and zombies attack!

bangerjim

MrWolf
02-06-2016, 11:50 PM
I converted a Weber grill to my smelting station complete with the dome cover. Really cuts down on smoke and no one can really tell what I am doing except I have a full face shield, respirator, etc. :lovebooli

Elatta54
02-07-2016, 12:05 AM
At least he knows who to depend on in the "hood" when the robots and zombies attack!

bangerjim

He looked at me like I was one of the zombies

shoot-n-lead
02-07-2016, 12:06 AM
I converted a Weber grill to my smelting station complete with the dome cover. Really cuts down on smoke and no one can really tell what I am doing except I have a full face shield, respirator, etc. :lovebooli

Neighbors probably think you are cooking meth.

Garyshome
02-07-2016, 12:10 AM
To your neighbor you are one of the GOP Zombies. Next time tell him you are making fishing sinkers or doing some crazy castings for the wife.

MrWolf
02-07-2016, 11:47 AM
To your neighbor you are one of the GOP Zombies. Next time tell him you are making fishing sinkers or doing some crazy castings for the wife.

My neighbors don't question me. For some reason I have a reputation but I never did anything to any of them. Guy across the street I barely knew had a dog that came on my property and made a "deposit" while I was cutting the lawn. I just looked at him and he came running over and with his bare hand grabbed it and went home.

mdi
02-07-2016, 12:29 PM
My neighbors don't question me. For some reason I have a reputation but I never did anything to any of them. Guy across the street I barely knew had a dog that came on my property and made a "deposit" while I was cutting the lawn. I just looked at him and he came running over and with his bare hand grabbed it and went home.
Wow! You must be one scary old dude!:shock:

Elatta54
02-07-2016, 12:42 PM

THAT is funny!

MrWolf
02-07-2016, 01:50 PM
No idea how it started except the people across from me were idiots and I let then know it (they later moved across from me to right next to me - yay!). I do all my own construction work, yard, etc. plus play with guns - prob think I am some kind of nut.

bangerjim
02-07-2016, 03:52 PM
All my neighbors (GOP'ers!) are glad to know where to come to get ammo when the robots attack!

banger