PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from the Third Coast

Wandering Man
04-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Howdy from South Texas, near Corpus Christi.

2400 invited me over.

I don't cast boolits, yet. But somehow I suspect there is some bulk lead in my future.

Nice site here.

WM

Alchemist
04-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Welcome Wandering Man!

As a fellow newbe, let me say Howdy! Lots of good info here, and friendly folks, too. Be careful if you go to group buys....you might find it hard to resist getting in on them. (2 for me so far...)

If you don't cast yet, you can find out what to look for and what to avoid....it'll make getting into casting easier.

Welcome again!

Cheers, :drinks:
Alchemist

Razor
04-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Howdy and welcome..
Watch out for this bunch...
They (ok..ok..WE ! ) are an insideous lot..:twisted:
We'll have you reloading, casting, buying moulds, hoarding lead and other nefarious deeds,
before you're even aware of it..
I admit to the aforementioned deeds an' proud of it !!

Razor
:castmine:

Blammer
04-26-2008, 08:42 PM
howdy! what caliber do you shoot?

I got a heck of a deal for you on a Lyman 2 C 9mm147gr mould if interested... :)

Wandering Man
04-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome. :drinks:

What caliber do I shoot?

Lets see,

.380 acp (back-up/car gun)

9 mm (first Semi Auto & wife has one)

.45 ACP (standard carry)

.357 - I've just started with Single Action Shooting and am anticipating needing to load a lot of ammo for that fun sport. :Fire:

"Just Started" Means I've watched some videos, attended one shoot in person, bought the clothes, bought a couple of extra guns, and will shoot for the first time next weekend.

I load with a Dillon XL650, and so far seem to get myself in trouble buying boolits and then having to scramble to find a recipe to match.

WM

Boerrancher
04-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Welcome W.M.,

I have not been a member very long, but have been casting for about 30 years. I have learned a good deal from this site in the couple of months that I have been hanging around. I know you will enjoy this site as much as the rest of us do.

Best wishes,

CPT T.

OBXPilgrim
04-26-2008, 10:50 PM
deal for you on a Lyman 2 C 9mm147gr mould

What you gonna do that for?

Before you do, why don't you try about 4.0gr of Unique in a 360DW case.

Make a great "whisper" load in that M94 357. You'll probably need to single load them - or at the most - one in the pipe, one in the mag, due to no crimp.

Makes a real good whisper load in my Handi.

BTW, welcome to the site, Wandering Man. Do any fishing on South Padre Island?

trickyasafox
04-26-2008, 11:56 PM
welcome!

DLCTEX
04-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Welcome to the site. I lived in Corpus Christi a while back( OK it was 1955) and got back there a few years ago (actually to Rock Port) to fish. You'll find some great and helpful folks here. DALE

Bigjohn
04-27-2008, 03:40 AM
Howdy from South Texas, near Corpus Christi.

2400 invited me over.

I don't cast boolits, yet. But somehow I suspect there is some bulk lead in my future.

Nice site here.

WM

I see someone with the first signs of the dreaded illness; ain't it great; a few months and he will be just like the rest of us.

HOOKED! :twisted:

Welcome; Wandering Man; you've finally found home.

John.

Wandering Man
04-27-2008, 08:49 AM
What you gonna do that for?

Before you do, why don't you try about 4.0gr of Unique in a 360DW case.

Make a great "whisper" load in that M94 357. You'll probably need to single load them - or at the most - one in the pipe, one in the mag, due to no crimp.

Makes a real good whisper load in my Handi.

BTW, welcome to the site, Wandering Man. Do any fishing on South Padre Island?

Not that far south. We do a lot of fishing in Redfish Bay, near Aransas Pass. I can say I've never caught anything as big as you have in your avatar. My wife would be very jealous.

WM