PDA

View Full Version : What would you be doing now ?

RP
01-31-2016, 09:23 PM
I am out in the shop on a very nice weather wise day, cleaning brass casting bullets to be PC (powder coated ) and it just hit me what would I be doing if I had not found this site looking for load data.
When I found this place and got to looking around I wondered into chat and meet a lot of helpful people Ken was one of them. For those who do not know ken he is the founder of castboolits. Over the years I have been able to meet several members in person and will keep on doing so. Wife warns me there is some crazy people other there stop asking them to the house lol. Well she is right but so far everyone I have meet have been good guys some maybe fall into the weird section but still friendly and helpful. Heck I am sure I fall into the weird section more then any other one.
So today I am casting more then ever reloading in ways I would have never done with out this site and have molds that I could not have found anywhere else. Also PC ing bullets and tumbling brass with SS pins and the list goes on and on. So with all the ups and downs of the site and people with members not being able to get over their egos or just unable to let something go where would you be without this place ? I for one would have save a ton of money but I am happy I stuck around. A lot of great people will be coming to this site to share their experience and I for one will be interested in what they have to say. That's how we have gotten all the new things we do not saying that will never work but seeing if it will and lifting up each other instead of beating them down.
Off the top of my head this site has gotten me into swaging and pc and the 300 BO before it hit main stream I found mehic molds and noe along with a lot of other things I never knew about. I am kind of alone with the reloading in my area so finding a place where there is a lot of people reloading is great and I am sure I am not the only one.
Just my thoughts and wanted to put this out to all to help remind them were a team a cut form a different material lets lift each other up and look over the petty BS that comes around from time to time we all will be better for it in the end.
Thanks to all that have inspired me and helped me over the years with my reloading and casting I will try to do the same for the ones just getting started.

BNE
01-31-2016, 09:36 PM
I don't know where I would be in casting without this site. I was frustrated at first. A lot of people on here really helped me out.

I still have a LOT to learn.

MrWolf
01-31-2016, 10:00 PM
I know it has given me something to look forward to growing in as my life is slowly unraveling with my upcoming divorce, disabiltiy retirement, having to move, etc.. Gives me a refuge to keep learning and the folks are great. Also keeps me thankfull hearing what others have to deal with.

Wayne Smith
01-31-2016, 10:01 PM
A little history here - I was taught casting by the BCPR guys on Shooters.com. When Shooters died some of the cast boolit and BCPR guys there founded Castboolits. Buckshot invited me over and I've been here since. I have four or so of the Lee Custom six cavity molds when Lee was the only game in town. Since then I've watched Miha, NOE, Bernie at Old West, and before them Dan at Mountian Molds (have one of his, too) grow and develop. Accurate is a latecomer to me. Still have yet to get one of his. We have a number of businesses that have started and grown from this site. I am proud to be an early member.