PDA

View Full Version : Artery plugged again

DLCTEX
01-30-2016, 12:41 AM
It seems family genetics has caught up with me again as I have to undergo an angiogram and most likely a stent Monday. Sounds much better than another by pass to me. My brother has had 22 stents since his by pass, so I expect I can take one if little brother can. Four of my brothers (all younger) have had bypasses and stents, so it has become rather a non event in the family.

ozarkhillbilly49
01-30-2016, 12:55 AM
i just got 2 new stints a couple weeks ago. feeling a little better now. still not over what that torture chamber of a hospital bed did to my wore out back and hips. if u survive the bed u will feel better shortly! best wishes.

w5pv
01-30-2016, 10:19 AM
Prayers sent for a quick recover.

dragonrider
01-30-2016, 11:43 AM
I have a stent also, piece of cake, it was the heart attack really sucked. I watched on a monitor as he installed the stent, very cool.

Walla2
01-30-2016, 02:18 PM
I've had 4. The last one was 2007 and I haven't had any problems since. They solved my problems. Best wishes and a prayer for you and the Dr.

Blackwater
01-30-2016, 03:19 PM
One of my best friends is 74 and has the same sort of family history. His Dad died in his 50's, and he's taking a bunch of meds that don't make him feel much like dancing, but he's still here, and goes strictly by what his docs say, and takes the meds they prescribe. He eats less than anyone else I know, but still tends to eat what he wants, when he wants it. Some say that's part of the problem, but he's one of those guys who just won't change his ways in some respects, and he figures he's had his "three score and ten," so it's all gravy from here on out. Really great guy, and generous to a fault, but I wouldn't want to make him mad. Awful temper, and it's not turned off easily, either. Seems that kind'a goes along with the arterial problems, at least often, but not always.

There's a lot they don't tell us about getting older, but if they did, we'd likely think we were joking anyway, so I guess there are just some things we have to learn the hard way.

Prayers for you, and a speedy recovery. Lots of us are lucky to still be here, and very thankful for it, too.

Windwalker 45acp
01-30-2016, 03:58 PM
I've only ever had the heart cath, so far nothing has HAD to be done, for which I am thankful.

Best of wishes to you, but if you want to take care of it yourself I'm thinking a tiny rotor rooter hooked up to a Dremel!!! :)

Again, good luck.

bedbugbilly
01-30-2016, 08:59 PM
DLCTEX . . . as a fellow member of the "zipper club" . . . I hope all goes well for you and that you are soon back to feeling better . . . you'll be in my prayers.

I had triple by-pass just shy of twenty years ago. I had one that they didn't by-pass (it was only 72% blocked instead of the mandatory 75% blockage that they went by at that time . . . . I wish they had done it). The one they didn't by-pass I have had angioplasty on twice but they said because of my physiology, they couldn't put a stent in. They opened up the narrowing of the artery but it went right back again a couple of months after each procedure. But, I haven't had an issue with it so "knock on wood".

Take care and I'm sure all will go well and you'll soon be a fit as a fiddle! Good luck to you!

osteodoc08
01-30-2016, 09:21 PM
Prayers and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

xbeeman412
01-30-2016, 11:03 PM
will keep u in our prayers.

27judge
01-31-2016, 01:36 AM
Im going in Monday for the 29th time . Both legs and the heart with Vascular problems. I have bypasses in both legs and 3 stents in the heart. cleaning them out is a yearly problem , It started when I was 65 now at 77 it is almost routine. hope you do well tks ken

JeffinNZ
01-31-2016, 04:34 AM
22 stents! Good Lord. I've seen rabbit netting fences with less hardware on them. Both of you stay well now.

smokeywolf
01-31-2016, 05:04 AM
DLCTEX, you'll be in thoughts and prayers until we hear that all went as planned.

vrh
01-31-2016, 09:32 AM
I've had 4 stents. Don't want anymore.

DLCTEX
02-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the prayers! I have no new blockages. Dr. thinks angina is caused by the blocked arteries that were by-passed. New blood pressure seems to be working well without side effects many caused. I was dreading running the gauntlet of meds that didn't work for me. Now I have to start cardio exercises.:x

jmort
02-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Well thank God. Prying for a full recovery and that you live out your full days here on earth. God Bless you.

27judge
02-02-2016, 07:51 PM
I went in Monday , what a ordeal they worked on me for over 1 hour . I have a lot of scar tissue from all the procedures and its getting hard to get thru the artery. Doc wants me to have a Doppler test every 3 months . tks KEN

scarry scarney
02-04-2016, 05:00 PM
I had two stents close to ten years ago. The worst part back then was the bed!