PDA

View Full Version : Question about mould brands

chaos
04-25-2008, 09:35 AM
I own 2 Rcbs moulds and a set of RCBS handles. I have no experience with Lyman molds. Will My RCBS handles work on Lyman moulds?

Thanks

chaos
04-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Also.... My sizer is missing the O-ring. I've got Javelina lube coming out from under the retaining ring like none other. What size O-ring goes on the RCBS .430 sizer? I put a standard # 12 on it ( out of a Fastenal kit) and it slowed it down a great deal, but has not eliminated it.

runfiverun
04-25-2008, 11:20 AM
i've used lyman handles on my rcbs molds, and they work o.k. put them on you will know right away if they will work or if they need a little fitting.

GabbyM
04-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Lyman moulds should bolt right into RCBS handles. But with anything Lyman you never know. I've one mould here with one side drilled off location. I had to flat file the Lyman handles to make it go on.

The Lee six cavity handles are a better fit as the jaws are parallel when the mould is closed. The RCBS handles close a bit narrow for a Lyman blocks. At least the two cavity I've tried. Theye'll work in any case.

The way I've drilled handles is to wrap a rubber band around the mould blocks in the handle slot. Then close the handles on them. The rubber band gives you the free space between handle and mould. Then just drill using the mould as a drill guide. I stop short of drilling all the way through to avoid drilling into the threaded holes in the blocks.

srayc
04-25-2008, 05:39 PM
All the RCBS handles I have can be used in my Lyman molds but.... the Lyman handles will not work in the RCBS molds without modification. Get one more mold and get a rhythm going with 3, and the boolits fly..........

ChuckS1
04-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Ditto on that. My Lee handles work on my Lyman and SAECO molds, but not on my RCBS molds.

Hey, srayc, where in the Willamette Valley are you from? I grew up in Stayton and went to college at UO.

JIMinPHX
04-25-2008, 08:30 PM
I use a # 15 O-ring (9/16 ID, 11/16 OD, 1/16 thk) on my Lyman dies. I don't know if the RCBS is the same or not.