PDA

View Full Version : Veteran in need.

Magana559
01-29-2016, 02:18 AM
Hello all.
I'm trying to help a very good friend of mine in his time of need. His mother was recently diagnosed with stage 4 terminal cancer and was given six months to live in November and it is with deep sympathy to inform you all that she has passed unexpectedly.
My friend Gus is a US Army vet with two tours in Afghanistan one which was cut short due to cancer of his own.
Gus and his family have exhausted all resources and are in need at the moment. If you can find it in your heart to donate anything, if you can, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to his go fund me account.

https://www.gofundme.com/mariaeocon

I thank you all for your time,

David Magaņa

runfiverun
01-29-2016, 08:46 PM
giving this a kick back up the ladder.

one of the things this place has long prided itself in is helping others when we can.

Artful
01-29-2016, 09:13 PM
Well, that kicks it up to 3k out of 8k need for funeral arrangements.
Thank him for his service to all of us and his country.
Prayers for her Family.

lightman
01-29-2016, 10:51 PM
Sorry for your friends loss. Have you got an address for those of us that don't do paypal?

Magana559
01-30-2016, 04:47 AM
Sorry guys I was busy most of the day helping my friend with stuff around the house getting ready for the funeral tomorrow.

I'll work on an address but with the funeral being tomorrow he might be busy. (I need to ask before I give out his address)

I'll be sure to pass on all the kind words. Great people on here, I really appreciate the people we have here.

Again, a big thank you to everyone here.