PDA

View Full Version : Anzac Day

Russell James
04-24-2008, 03:37 AM
Lest we forget.
To all our returned and serving men and women.
We will remember you.

Russell James

scrapcan
04-24-2008, 10:52 AM
April 25th marks the date, correct? I will take a moment to remember those who served/and are serving your country as I do on the day that is reserved for those who served/and are serving my country.

Thanks for reminding the rest of us around the world.

CZARNINA KID
04-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Back in 1970 when I was in the US Navy, I was honored to be part of a contingent of shipmates from the USS Belknap DLG-26 to participate in Wellington, New Zealand's ANZAC Day Parade and memorial rites. Met many vets of various campaigns who welcomed us like sons ( most of the vets were at least WW2 vets and earlier and they marched a whole lot better than we did). The week prior we were in Sydney and I chanced upon the ANZAC Memorial. One of the most moving memorials I have ever seen. God bless all who served on all sides of the globe.

onceabull
04-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Russell James: You got it done early this year( for those of us in No.A.) But,the Mrs. has her Lyle's Golden Syrup on the counter and we will have an ANZAC biscuit or three in memory of our stalwart friends in action around the globe... Onceabull

NVcurmudgeon
04-24-2008, 07:48 PM
In dangerous times the US can ask for no better allies than Australians and New Zealanders. I join the people of these two great countries in remembering and praying for those who have served and are serving now.

waksupi
04-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks for being there, when the world needs you!

twotrees
04-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Be taking an Aussie Flag to work in the AM. She will observe 2 Min of silence and recite the poem.

Since this is a new job for her, she might have some explaining to do Afterwards, but I will bet all there will understand.

Bless the ANZAC's and keep all, still in harms way, safe.

"Lest We Forget"

TwoTrees and RedFoxy

PS: Just finished making ANZAC biskets.

13Echo
04-25-2008, 04:43 PM
They shall grow not old,
As we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them,
Nor the years condemn,
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them.
-- Laurence Binyon (1869-1943)

As fine a tribute as ever written.

Jerry Liles

Wicky
04-27-2008, 03:17 AM
Aye to that Russell been to every march for the last 30 years and marched in a few of them. Let's keep the spirit alive!

bruce drake
04-27-2008, 05:14 AM
From Gallipoli to Basra, your countrymen have served with distinction.

I've never met an Aussie or a Kiwi that I didn't take an immediate shine too. Maybe its the military backgrounds. We've got an Brit Para Regt MAJ working with my Brigade here in Iraq right now. Good guy but not as much fun as my last deployment here with a Royal Australian Navy Commander that kept eating that nasty beer yeast stuff on his toast for breakfast. Almost made my heat & serve scrambled eggs and sausage go bad in my mouth from just smelling that stuff.

Bruce