PDA

View Full Version : If you are reading this you are a loser ?

Boaz
01-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Saturday night and sitting there looking at the forum ...........like me . Everyone that has a real life is living it up on a Saturday night , right ? My daughter went to a UIL meet about 150 miles to the south . I had a goose liver sandwich and just waiting for the magic phone call to make a 30 mile round trip to fetch her home .

Whats your excuse ?

aspangler
01-23-2016, 08:14 PM
My excuse? Snowed in. 'nuff said.

markinalpine
01-23-2016, 08:31 PM
Just listening to the radio, Joe Pags Show, and reading you losers comments :bigsmyl2:
Mark :coffeecom

jcwit
01-23-2016, 08:32 PM
Well I'm 72 and there's not much "High Life" I can handle anymore.

Wife is out in the kitchen frying mushrooms in butter, that will be my high point for tonight!

Hey, I'll have a glass of wine before I hit the sack! Per Dr. orders of course.

FISH4BUGS
01-23-2016, 08:34 PM
My excuse is that I am self employed, I work alot, Saturdays are just another work day, and my party days are long gone over anyway. Saturday night for us is after a long work day for both of us. We went to get a bite then were back home by 7.
I brought in all the wood for overnight and raked down the stove before loading it up.
I'll probaby plug in the Star sizer heater, start the propane heater in the casting shed and get it warm, then trim some 223 brass, after I finish resizing and lubing the last of the 3000 9mm, and then it will be bedtime.
The significant other is in the stove room reading. A very quiet evening. i LIKE it when it is quiet and peaceful. I have learned to enjoy the quiet time.
I played in bands from about 12 years old until about 30. You have no idea how silly people look as they are dancing, especially from the perspective of the band. It kind of sours you to watch a bunch of drunken people trying to dance. Nothing could be less interesting than to go to some bar somewhere or some dance.
I did the A list parties and fundraisers for years and those days are gone....thank goodness. I'll take the simple quiet life anytime. I moved from the downtown of a City to the rural NH country and don't regret iot for an instant.
I also don't have television so any time I get is quiet down time for me. It is what is keeping me sane.
Nothing wrong with you at all. You sound normal to me.

blademasterii
01-23-2016, 08:42 PM
I had my cousin over and between the two of us managed to go through 4 beers 8lbs of crawfish and 2lbs of crab claws a stick of butter and most of a garlic bulb. Now i'm enjoying a vodka and spiced apple cider drink watching hunting channel on tv. I'm happy. Good night in.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-23-2016, 08:43 PM
No excuse.
I love being home on a wintery Saturday night. Prairie home companion on the radio, wood stove glowin' hot, black bean and spam soup. mmm.

:cbpour:

JWFilips
01-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Boaz:
Not much happening here: Finished a nice Sup of a Large Brook trout my wife caught last July. Posted some pics of My lasy tabby cat waiting out the "big storm" on another forum and Getting ready
for a range shoot at 8 am tomorrow! 13deg yes real nice!
Jim

Boaz
01-23-2016, 08:53 PM
No excuse.
I love being home on a wintery Saturday night. Prairie home companion on the radio, wood stove glowin' hot, black bean and spam soup. mmm.

:cbpour:

I got the magic phone call bout the time I put the thread up . Listened to Prairie Home Companion on the way there , Ralph puts on a good show .

therealhitman
01-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Hah. I'm posting from my phone at a rave in a giant warehouse while dancing with scantily clad hotties, eating hors d'oevres off of silver trays and having fancy drinks at the open bar! Now does that sound like a loser to you?

Ok. Yeah. I'm on the couch at home watching Full House reruns with the kids. I don't like rave/house music anyway.

Boaz
01-23-2016, 08:55 PM
Hah. I'm posting from my phone at a rave in a giant warehouse while dancing with scantily clad hotties, eating hors d'oevres off of silver trays and having fancy drinks at the open bar! Now does that sound like a loser to you?

Ok. Yeah. I'm on the couch at home watching Full House reruns with the kids. I don't like rave/house music anyway.

Whats a 'hottie' ?

41magjh
01-23-2016, 08:56 PM
I was on the tractor snow blowing from 11 til 5 about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 mile of private road . Get warm an ready for for bed. That cold air makes a person tired. Oh by the way the blower is 7 1/2 foot wide tc 45 new holland tractor . Got about 2ft +-

.22-10-45
01-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Another Saterday Night and I ain't got nobody...Well actually I'm doing the same thing I'ver been doing now for 40 years...TKOB..working 2nd. shift Tool & Die maker...and LOVING it!

Menner
01-23-2016, 09:07 PM
Been out pushing snow all day ( did manage to slide the truck in the ditch had to get my Son to pull me out I'll never hear the end of that ) neighbors Driveways and went in town and did the VFW parking lot got home Momma had a pot of Chili and a pan of corn bread for dinner sitting here Fat, Dumb and Happy being a loser LOL
Tony

castalott
01-23-2016, 09:15 PM
You mean sitting here in the warm with good food listening to the clock tick? Alone with my thoughts about the meaning of Life and the Universe in general. Saying Sincere Prayers for a sick youngster who needs them and planning a new reloading room? yaa...Come to think of it I am a loser....
A loser of stress....

labradigger1
01-23-2016, 09:16 PM
My excuses,
Plowed snow with 7' back blade for 4 hrs, so much snow I can't plow to the loading room so here I be.

bedbugbilly
01-23-2016, 09:19 PM
Saturday night? Hmmm . . . . after putting new guts in two toilets today that were having "running" problems . . . and swearing quite a bit while doing it I might add . . . don't you just love it when you buy rebuild kits that include "everything" only to find out that the toilets you have take special gaskets meaning numerous trips to the hardware store . . . .

Well, anyway . . . after a fun day like that I'm all spiffed up and waiting at the door hoping that twin redheads with dynamite bodies drop by and invite me out for a looooooong nite of "fun and frolic". Somehow, I don't think old guys like me ever get that lucky so I'll probably fall asleep in the chair while waiting for the door bell to ring. That is if I can stay awake long enough to make it to the chair? :-)

waksupi
01-23-2016, 10:00 PM
I also used to play music in the saloons, and got my fill of being around drunks, so that rules out going to bars. Not to mention I don't drink much nowadays, anyway. Neither can I see worth a darn to drive at night.
I worked on building a gun in the shop today, some of my favorite type of entertainment.
I've got out a rifle and ammo, to go shoot in a sporting rifle shoot tomorrow with Jim Flinchbaugh. I'm good for entertainment at the time.

chutesnreloads
01-23-2016, 10:08 PM
Golly,this loser only hunted hogs this morning and late afternoon(unsuccessfully) with testing some new loads in between.I just got home.

corbinace
01-23-2016, 10:08 PM
No excuses here. I am actually pursuing an interesting hobby. I only happened on this thread when I went to post a question.

GhostHawk
01-23-2016, 10:12 PM
I M 64, retired, nothing but time to kill. After supper wife and I watch a little TV, at 8:00 central time she retires to the bedroom to read and then sleep. She is 4 years younger and appears to need 4 hours more sleep than I do.

So EVERY night at 8 I log in and see what new posts there are. After I am done here I drop in on the slingshots channel forums. Every morning soon as coffee is made I'm back here, and after I finish here I browse over to the Graybeard outdoors H&R centerfire rifle section.

I really don't like going "out there" especially not in January, shiver.
I much prefer to be able to close my computer and walk away if I don't agree.
I find most people out there don't have much to say that I care about.

Where as I find all of you here endlessly fascinating, entertaining and educational.

I am exactly where I want to be thank you very much. :)

Garyshome
01-23-2016, 10:17 PM
Snow/Ice...all the places for me and the wife to go Dancin' are closed.

Hogtamer
01-23-2016, 10:23 PM
To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. Couldn't be enjoying the autumn of life any more. Worked a few hours today at the club where I cook, prepping for tomorrow's brunch. Got home and the wife had a big pot of soup on and 3 yr old grandaughter and son were over for the evening. Loaded some lee slugs to shoot Monday. Looking forward to church in the morning. Boaz, if you haven't seen it get the movie War Room for next Friday night. I think you'll probably agree it will have been an evening well spent. Night yall!

Hogtamer
01-23-2016, 10:32 PM
Hey Gary, as Churchill quipped, "dancing is the vertical manifestation of a horizontal impulse." Things could be worse than being snowed in with a wife that likes to dance! :Bright idea:

Boaz
01-23-2016, 10:34 PM
To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. Couldn't be enjoying the autumn of life any more. Worked a few hours today at the club where I cook, prepping for tomorrow's brunch. Got home and the wife had a big pot of soup on and 3 yr old grandaughter and son were over for the evening. Loaded some lee slugs to shoot Monday. Looking forward to church in the morning. Boaz, if you haven't seen it get the movie War Room for next Friday night. I think you'll probably agree it will have been an evening well spent. Night yall!

I agree on War Room . The church bought it and had a movie night about 2 weeks ago . Well worth watching , makes you want to pray more .

edler7
01-23-2016, 11:01 PM
I'm retired. Every day is Saturday, so every night is Saturday night. I do this every night.

What day is it, really ? I know it's still January...

DerekP Houston
01-23-2016, 11:02 PM
still churning away on the turret press making 9mm rounds. Just put the son to bed so its a nice quiet evening.

merlin101
01-23-2016, 11:13 PM
My excuse? My employer put me "out of service" due to medical reasons, 59 years old and never ill. I guess it finally caught up with me! Oh well, I usually just sit home Saturdays anyway.

rancher1913
01-23-2016, 11:18 PM
got off work at 7 pm and have to be back to work at 4 am. this is my relax before bed.

John Allen
01-23-2016, 11:26 PM
My excuse 25" of snow and out all day trying to keep ahead of it.

Doggonekid
01-23-2016, 11:33 PM
Hi my is Tom and I am a looser. (The first step is to admit it.) Now I am going to make some more boolits.

smoked turkey
01-24-2016, 12:10 AM
Looks like I am in good company tonight. Quiet here and just the way the wife and I like it. Tending the wood stove to keep the house warmer than the electric heat will. I teach the adult Sunday School class at church so most every Saturday night I'm putting the finishing touches on the lesson for tomorrow. Speaking of War Room our church is showing it tomorrow evening. I hear good things about it and looking forward to seeing it.

DLCTEX
01-24-2016, 12:25 AM
Just got in after a night out with the wife and good friends. We had great rib-eyes with an appetizers of peel and eat shrimp. Then the women had to go by Wally World (don't have one at home). Home now to sleep it off. Don't feel like a loser.

shtur
01-24-2016, 12:29 AM
After drinking everyone under the table at all 4 saloons, nobody left to party with so I came home to recharge, then go back out for round two. <--Yeah, that was my other life.

35 shooter
01-24-2016, 12:32 AM
Lol i'm not too sure i've lost anything with my time spent here. I've enjoyed hanging around some very good company for the most part here for the last couple of years or so.

I drop in more and more as time goes by. I can say i have gained a lot here and hope to keep doing so.

Wolfer
01-24-2016, 12:38 AM
I worked 15-1/2 hrs today. Yes I'm sitting now but shortly I'll be laying. Checking my eyelids for cracks.

tinhorn97062
01-24-2016, 12:50 AM
Well- I changed fuel filters, oil and filter, coolant filter, and cleaned the air filter on the truck...gettin' it all tuned up to drive to Texas. Then I packed some stuff, tore apart some old furniture, packed more stuff, ate some pizza and a cookie. My day is now done and I'm plumb wore out. So- browsing the Cast Boolit goodness is my "wind down" time before I head to bed.

The party days are long gone, and these days I just don't care to be out and about on a Saturday night. If much rather sit at home and spend time with my wife.

TXGunNut
01-24-2016, 03:30 AM
Good morning at the loading bench, excellent Cajun seafood dinner with a beautiful woman, good afternoon of kitchen table gunsmithing, an evening sizing boolits and a trip or two outside for a little canine pest control.
I'm putting a mark in the "WIN" column for today.

MaryB
01-24-2016, 04:09 AM
Friend dropped off a little moonshine so had a couple drinks and talked on the radio most of the night... staying in where it is warm!

tim338
01-24-2016, 09:21 AM
This is my slow time of year for business so I have more spare time. In a few weeks I won't have time to check in everyday. I would say it's cheaper entertainment than dinner and a movie but I get so so many "ideas" on how to spend my money I think it's a "wash". Ha.....ha.....

Budzilla 19
01-24-2016, 09:21 AM
Hot coffe, quiet house for now, Cast Boolits forum in the morning, then off to collect some hardball alloy I made yesterday. Reloaded 400 9 mm , prepped some more rifle rounds, I guess I'm really a loser!! HAHAHAHA! You guys in he snow, be safe!

Doggonekid
02-02-2016, 12:49 AM
I just got back from dinner and a movie. I could of bought a new mold, or maybe 75 LBS of lead. Maybe next time.

Boaz
02-13-2016, 07:49 PM
Well heck ! Here we are again .............losers ! Saturday night and just watching Netflix's with a ham sandwich .

tinhorn97062
02-13-2016, 08:09 PM
Loozzzzerrr. Haha!!

edit: I like ham sandwiches. :-)

shoot-n-lead
02-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Just came in from the range and stopped at the bench and loaded 50rds. Came on in house and sat down here...as I usually do. Son is on the couch, my wife will be here in a few minutes and my daughter will be home from college in a couple of hours...typical loser Sat night, for me.

Boaz
02-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Becky is at a UIL competition out of town ...........again . I'll probably pick her up at the school bout midnight . 30 mile round trip , well heck what else can I gripe about ?

Hey Tinhorn how are the new surroundings working out ? When do you get in permanent housing ?

tinhorn97062
02-13-2016, 08:49 PM
Becky is at a UIL competition out of town ...........again . I'll probably pick her up at the school bout midnight . 30 mile round trip , well heck what else can I gripe about ?

Hey Tinhorn how are the new surroundings working out ? When do you get in permanent housing ?

The new surroundings are great, so far. We're supposed to be able to move in between the 26th and 29th.

fatnhappy
02-13-2016, 08:52 PM
Whats a 'hottie' ?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/69/BhutJolokia09_Asit.jpg/1024px-BhutJolokia09_Asit.jpg

Boaz
02-13-2016, 09:29 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/69/BhutJolokia09_Asit.jpg/1024px-BhutJolokia09_Asit.jpg

Yes sir ........that is a hottie , lol .

Markbo
02-13-2016, 09:37 PM
How's this for a.loser...Friday night me and the little lady went out after work. To the Grocery store. So tonight we cooked up some of that grub. I quit going out partying when I was 35. Dont miss it. Not one bit. Part of being happy is being happy in your own skin and another is being grateful for what you have. I am very grateful for my home and my honey and enjoy spending time with both

Boaz
02-13-2016, 09:43 PM
The new surroundings are great, so far. We're supposed to be able to move in between the 26th and 29th.

Good . Glad your comfortable , getting settled will take a bit but GOD willing be a blessing . Practice your Texas accent in your spare time . .............Glad you and the yunguns are feelin pert bout tha move , just say ...Howdy ! A lot , combine two words into one , talk slow and look em in the eye . Tell a lot of stories . You will do well . Get a pair of boots .....yea . My daughter has to be an interpreter for her friends many times to explain what I say , I love it .

Blanket
02-13-2016, 09:50 PM
must be a loser. Cleaned up the shop a little, drove 25 miles into town to the farm store for a couple of wrenches. Trimmed a box of 35 Whelen brass. Braved the cold and test fired a 1903 Springfield sporter I finished last weekend. Had a local kid stop by with a new Savage 243 that he got for Christmas, so we cleaned it, mounted a scope and worked up a load for it. Sent him home with 50 rounds to practice with. Back outside in the cold. Did chores and fed the stock. Have 2 Boer goat mamas that are going to drop in 2 weeks. Cooked rib-eyes for supper. Yep I am a loser. Wouldn't have it any other way

375supermag
02-14-2016, 11:10 AM
Hi...

Spent last evening at home watching TV with the puppies...my wife works Saturday night, so I waited for her to get home before I went to bed. Up at 3AM, worked all day, went to bed at midnight. Typical Saturday...

Son was out with some friends most of the evening.

gwpercle
02-14-2016, 11:25 AM
At this stage of my life ( 60+) a really great threesome .......remember threesomes ? Now consists of:
1.) A cushy sofa or bed
2.) A T.V. set
3.) A remote control
Oh yeah...that's a nice evening I enjoy!
Times change and you change.
Gary

Aimstraight
02-16-2016, 05:52 PM
My excuse? Snowed in. 'nuff said.
Should of bought a Jeep. How much snow we talking about?

Boaz
02-27-2016, 08:05 PM
Well here we are again ............losers !
I just had a not great salad (can't complain , I made it )and bout to click on Netflix . Becky is with her youth group at a mission serving supper to the less fortunate and I'm .......WELL .............sittin here talkin to you yahoo's ! Yep ! If your reading this you are a loser ? lol

frkelly74
02-27-2016, 08:42 PM
I went out and found a handful of 45 brass at the sand pit. I touched up a little of our paint job in the bathroom. We have season 6 of NCIS from the library to watch with no commercials. I forget that others are getting snowed on, that doesn't seem to happen here. We wear jackets when it's in the 60's though. Our Oldest daughter is coming from Michigan with her smallest daughter next week. I am blest and forgiven even if I am a loser.

Boaz
02-27-2016, 09:15 PM
frKelly74 you are not a loser ! Getting to see your daughter and grandchild . Good deal , I'm glad for you ! Bet ya'll are looking forward to the reunion.

trails4u
02-27-2016, 10:38 PM
Hanging out with the wife and daughter watching a 'Heartland' marathon on DVD from the library..... Loserin' and lovin' it!! :)

bearcove
02-28-2016, 12:41 AM
If you are not doing or growing something you are missing out on something.

trails4u
02-28-2016, 12:44 AM
bearcove....I am doing time spent with my family, and growing a love of the same in my children. We ain't missing out on nothin'! :)

Outer Rondacker
02-28-2016, 08:02 AM
Wife and I watched the fire flicker in the fireplace while watching the last season of Hawaii Five-O on netflix. Got a chance to talk to all the kids on the phone. Life is good. I do not miss being out till 2-3am at night at all. Slept in late got up just in time to watch the sun come up. Looked great coming over the glass frozen lake and mountain side.

Markbo
02-29-2016, 02:18 PM
.... Have 2 Boer goat mamas that are going to drop in 2 weeks. Cooked rib-eyes for supper. Yep I am a loser. Wouldn't have it any other way....

Be sure and post oics of the new kids. Everybidy loves babies

Crash_Corrigan
02-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Ordered some prescriptions offa the interweb and then practiced some on my Martin Guitar. Spent an hour with my bible and then some more time in prayer. Opened a can of Stagg Chili, added some fresh garlic and spices, opened a can of Lagunits Little Sumptin' beer and with a homemade corn bread muffin or two had a quiet meal for one. My attack trained dog, Sgt. Rambo (see photo) was lurking about looking for a handout and he got some chili. Tomorrow I will regret that deed as it develops nasty gas in the dog and he loves to share funky smells. He can clear out a large room in about 45 seconds. Then I sat down at my computer and played for a time with a decent game (World of Tanks.com) and finally got enuf points to get a better gun for my WWII british Centurion 7/1 tank. Bored with computer I picked up my Kindle and read for a time. Took the dog out for a recon and returned home to bed.

A typical evening in Las Vegas..........