PDA

View Full Version : TC new englander Shotgun Barrel

54bore
01-22-2016, 07:26 PM
Any of you guys familiar with the 12 gauge barrel that TC use to make and sell for the new englander? I see a left hand nib barrel on eBay for 450.00, OUCH!! I definately don't need one that bad! Anyone on here have one they don't use and would sell for a reasonable price? My dad has an old CVA double barrel that he uses for turkey hunting, he gets the best pattern out of it using bees nest wadding over the powder, he tried the other stuff (can't remember what it's called?) he got 3 different bags of 100s of thin cardboard looking discs that I believe holds the shot in, a thicker 1/8" disc, and a thicker fiber type disc that I think was for over the powder? Anyway he has a BUNCH of that stuff he ordered from track of the wolf, but he found the bees nest to by far work the best. I would really like to find a shotgun barrel for my New Englander and join him in the spring for turkey hunting (we have an abundance of them!!) I have a really nice benelli shotgun but would much rather go traditional. Would enjoy hearing your guys experience and opinions on BP shotgun

Harleysboss
01-22-2016, 08:11 PM
I sent you a PM I think I know of such barrel that may be forsale:)

mooman76
01-22-2016, 08:20 PM
You could possibly get a barrel, even one bad on the inside and have it bored out.

smoked turkey
01-22-2016, 08:53 PM
I have one and they are fun to shoot. I will say that mine is an open bore and the pattern is fairly wide. The way it is it is fine for rabbits, squirrel and some bird hunting. But it is not good for turkey hunting. I plan to shoot mine for pattern using some different wads to try to improve the pattern for turkey. I hate to admit it but I have missed two nice long beards because I wanted to use it for turkey. I know some of the barrels are equipped with screw in chokes. If I were you I would try to find one of those. One of the advantages of the open bore barrel is that patched round ball can more readily shot compared to a full choke barrel. Since you are interested in turkey hunting I think the choked version is by far the way for you to go. Hope you are able to find one.

54bore
01-22-2016, 09:57 PM

Harleyboss, I just answered your pm

54bore
01-23-2016, 10:00 AM

Looks like my search for this barrel is over. Thank you Harleysboss!

nicholst55
01-23-2016, 01:22 PM
I have a very nice NE shotgun that I bought used. Mine is threaded for T/C choke tubes and the stock is checkered. I haven't seen many of these guns, but I've never seen another with the checkered stock. Has anyone else seen one set up like that?

bubba.50
01-23-2016, 02:19 PM
most likely checkered by a previous owner.

Good Cheer
01-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Always thought a smooth bore New Englander could be nice with a longer barrel.
Especially with a L&R replacement flint lock!

Buckshot Bill
01-28-2016, 04:05 PM
If anyone else has a New englander or black mountain magnum 12 ga barrel (or whole gun for that matter) they want to let go of at a reasonable price give me a shout I'm in the market for one as well, either choke configuration will work for me

54bore
02-03-2016, 10:54 AM
I got the barrel, a BIG BIG THANK YOU to Harleysboss!! This barrel looks like brand new, I couldn't find a flaw in it, and all the goodies that came with it! I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas except I'm waiting for spring! These ole gobblers are gonna get hunted traditionally