PDA

View Full Version : a girls, I mean woman's purgative

nagantguy
01-22-2016, 01:26 PM
I've made a few posts about our search for a 243 for my daughter, our deal was she could pick out what ever she likes, if she raised half the funds I'd go the rest, no limit. I always teach the value of the dollar and earning your own way. She raised to the challenge, found what she thought she wanted, did extra work, saved Christmas money, sold some gear that folks here bought at fair prices. It's a package rifle, the Mossberg with a scope and a muddy girl camouflage paint job. Now it's time to buy. But ......"well I don't know dad, I don't know if I need it, maybe I should save my money". What if times get hard?" "What if I see something I like better?" "Nothing wrong with the rifle I have now" "maybe I'll just keep saving my money?" I was excited about the purchase, us doing it together ect. But I also like the idea of saving and putting away for tough times. Who among us hasn't been there , money in hand to buy a want, and a little voice in our head saying "ya better hold on to the money! " either way Saturday morning we are going rabbit hunting and setting some muskrat traps

corbinace
01-22-2016, 01:50 PM
She sounds like someone I could take lessons from. Good decision making!!!

DoubleAdobe
01-22-2016, 01:55 PM
I think you meant prerogative, purgative means something else entirely. She does sound like a real good kid.

Geezer in NH
01-22-2016, 02:06 PM
Smart Lady!!! Your teachings have worked.

Blammer
01-22-2016, 02:22 PM
Here's the good side to her decision to save.

Something will come along that she reasons and feels that she really wants! Poof! it will be hers because she has the funds now. There is always a good deal to be had for those who are prepared.

Budzilla 19
01-22-2016, 02:34 PM
Nagantguy,i know you are very proud of this young lady. I applaud her decision making. You have done well. Good luck to ya'll! (she will find her deal, and she'll be ready) She must really like that .44, huh??

nagantguy
01-22-2016, 02:41 PM
I think you meant prerogative, purgative means something else entirely. She does sound like a real good kid.

You are correct, sometimes auto correct does agree with what I think i want to say.

USMC87
01-22-2016, 06:40 PM
I have been there and done that, I have to say she is doing the right thing to wait a while and see what happens.

Preacher Jim
01-22-2016, 06:47 PM
You had better start saving as she adds to her half, yours increases to. Be proud of that girl you have done a great job raising an exception to the normal kid today.

lightman
01-22-2016, 06:52 PM
Sounds like a level headed gal! Have you considered buying it for her as a surprise?

Skunk1
01-22-2016, 07:53 PM
That's the way to teach them. Mines bought a few of her own. She paid for half of her jeep this year and spring time she gets to work on it. She's a daddy's girl.

Love Life
01-22-2016, 07:59 PM
You have raised her well!!

rondog
01-22-2016, 08:34 PM
A woman changed her mind? Nawww, say it ain't so.....

bedbugbilly
01-22-2016, 11:56 PM
We never had kids and sometimes I miss that when I read things like this. She sounds like a really good kid and you can certainly be proud of her . . and yourself in how you've raised her!

Bzcraig
01-23-2016, 12:06 AM
You've raised a good one!

DLCTEX
01-23-2016, 12:09 AM
If you bust your buttons, you earned it.

MaryB
01-23-2016, 02:17 AM
Maybe I should put a bug in her ear about a 50bmg :kidding: lol right now saving is a good idea but not in a bank! With inflation you lose money!

LuckyDog
01-23-2016, 07:27 AM
Beggin' your pardon Sir,

If'n I may be so bold, I would like to axe for your daughter's hand in Holy Matrimony.

I mean, only if, you's be so ink-lined. Seein' how she's such a wonderful girl and all.

:holysheep:drinks:

popper
01-23-2016, 11:43 AM
She is learning how life works, tempted by instant gratification. Tough lessons to learn in these times that last a lifetime. Definitely some kind of reward needed but her decision to buy or not - finalize learning the decision making process. Her choice and her consequences, good or bad - she's learning - to live with her choices! Many of us older folks have 'buyer's remorse' over some purchases.

nagantguy
01-23-2016, 11:48 AM
Beggin' your pardon Sir,

If'n I may be so bold, I would like to axe for your daughter's hand in Holy Matrimony.

I mean, only if, you's be so ink-lined. Seein' how she's such a wonderful girl and all.

:holysheep:drinks:
She could do worse, please don't take offense but when she's a marryin' age I'm hoping she finds someone closer to her own age, come to home. But we are flattered by the offer

nagantguy
01-23-2016, 11:57 AM
Maybe I should put a bug in her ear about a 50bmg :kidding: lol right now saving is a good idea but not in a bank! With inflation you lose money!

No our meger cash reserve is in a safe location not an institution that practices fractured reserve and where it might be difficult to get at it in a crisis
And MaryB please do not start a .50 bmg bug, to her your posts hold legendary statues, your location, she thinks your a living breathing Laura Ingalls , and we both admire your savy, how you over come hardship and that you run a business from home of top quality gear that you make. So if you told her she needed one, .......well we would both need to start selling and saving!

skeettx
01-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Well done, and nagantguy where do y'all reside?

Mike in Amarillo, Texas

nagantguy
01-23-2016, 12:50 PM
in the very middle of farming country in MI.

skeettx
01-23-2016, 01:15 PM
Thanks, a LONG way from Texas
Mike

LuckyDog
01-23-2016, 02:21 PM
She could do worse, please don't take offense but when she's a marryin' age I'm hoping she finds someone closer to her own age, come to home. But we are flattered by the offer

Yeah, yous probby rights. ;-)

And I do hope so. Seems to have an awful great start.

ProfGAB101
01-23-2016, 11:35 PM
Explain that real hard times are when you have not been able to get any useable primers or powder for a few years because the shelves remain empty.