PDA

View Full Version : Seeking prayer for my daughter and her mother

Boaz
01-21-2016, 09:31 PM
I am asking for prayer for my daughter and her mother . We have been divorced for 12 years , since my daughter Becky was 4 years old . We had our problems but always worked together in Becky's best interest . Her mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 5 years ago. Becky is 16 now , I have had custody since she was 4 but her mother has played a good role in her life , I tried to involve her and it has worked out just fine . Just a small background .

Her mother is in stage 3 of Alzheimer's and seems to be fading fast . We still see her regular ( she has been in a facility for 3 years ) , take her to church , visit , bring her snacks , send cards every few days , etc . We took her to the house at Christmas to help cook dinner but she couldn't even stir things up good enough , in this picture Becky is trying to make dipped pretzels , just letting mom shake sprinkles on them but she had a hard time with it .

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g353/chuckr1952/IMG_0638_zps16rp761y.jpg (http://s1097.photobucket.com/user/chuckr1952/media/IMG_0638_zps16rp761y.jpg.html)

My daughter is not talking to me about her mother , she has went silent . I know she is hurting . I pray everyday for them both . There are good people here that know how to pray , please help . Pray for me that I might help them . This will take a time to play out .
Thanks
Boaz

sparky45
01-21-2016, 09:39 PM
You have my prayers sir; my wife has a similar sort of problem so I do understand. Your daughter, and I might add you yourself need to seek some professional help as well. Again, prayers up for you and your family.
S45

jmort
01-21-2016, 09:47 PM
Praying for all concerned.

Hickok
01-21-2016, 09:57 PM
Heavenly Father, I pray that you look down upon Boaz, and his family. Grant them Your grace at this moment of trial and tribulation in their lives. Give our brother, Boaz, the wisdom only You can give, that he may be a comfort and a good counsel to his daughter in this difficult situation. Father all praise and glory be to You as we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Amen

shoot-n-lead
01-21-2016, 09:57 PM
Sorry to hear this and I know from a little family experience, that this is a tough situation.

Prayer sent for all of y'all.

GOD bless.

MrWolf
01-21-2016, 10:06 PM
Prayers sent, it is a terrible disease. My Mom had early onset and I know how your daughter feels. Terible when her own Mother does not realize who she is a times. Your daughter looks to be a special person to handle it.

Blackwater
01-22-2016, 12:44 AM
Prayers on the way! You have a great daughter, and Alzheimer's is one of the most treacherous diseases that aflicts mankind. My father died of it, and I've seen it in others. It eats out all that a person really is inside, and leaves only the smallest portion of what makes us human and the people we truly are behind it. Get me tipsy some time (hard to do now that I never have more than 1 drink a day!) and I'll tell you about Dad's last fist fight in the nursing home. It's a great story, actually! Nothing, not even Alzheimer's, can take away ALL that we are, but it comes the closest of any disease or disability out there.

Tell Becky to just love her, like she should, and let her know that none of us, not me, you or her, gets to stay the same always. And we all have regrets in life. That's a given. What separates us is how we deal with them. At 16, she's in a very delicate and topsy-turvy stage in life, but she's obviously got a good heart and a good mind, and she obviously loves God, and that will get her through things that nothing - not money, family or friends - will get people through. She'll do well. I just can't imagine her not doing well. It might take a bit of time to work her way through all this, but it's one of those "educational" points in our lives where it may be hard, and it may not be what we want or like seeing, but it's just life, and life is hard sometimes, but it's always worth whatever we have to go through to get to the other side where it all finally makes sense, and we finally understand. Not knowing or understanding always provides us the most difficult and painful times of our lives.

Just keep the faith and stay strong for them both. You and both of them will benefit from it, in the end. I guarantee it. And the prayers are going up as we sit here and read this, so just keep the faith. It's the times of trial in our lives that define who and what we are as individuals. My Mom was orphaned at age 15 in 1932, and she turned out so unbelievably great that I really don't think you have to worry about Becky. She'll be fine. It's just hard to hurt when you're 16, and things don't always make sense quite yet. But she's strong, and her faith is being tested. It tests us all sooner or later. I just guess it's a little sooner for her and her Mom.

"All things work together to the good for those who love the Lord." Even when we don't understand it. And THAT is where faith is really ALL that we really have. We all have these times in our lives, and it's our faith, or lack thereof, that determines whether they make us better or bitter. Bitterness is something foreign to real Christians. What we don't understand we just have to accept, and wait until that understanding comes to us. And it will, if we just give it a chance, and keep the faith. Again, I guarantee this.

Praying for you all 3.

tinhorn97062
01-22-2016, 01:51 AM
I'll pray.

In the meantime, keep your eyes on Jesus. He will show you what to do, how to do it, and give you the strength to stand on His Word. Same with your daughter.

Mourning a recent loss in my own family has helped me to realize that people process things differently- and that's ok. I know you're doing everything that you know to do, and your daughter is handling things the best way that she knows how. I'm praying, in Jesus' Name, that you're both filled with a supernatural strength to get through this situation.

USMC87
01-22-2016, 06:17 PM
You all are in our prayers, Keep us posted on the progress please.

Preacher Jim
01-22-2016, 07:03 PM
Boaz I have added you and your family to our prayer list. Your daughter especially since this is so difficult for her to understand.

Boaz
01-22-2016, 08:45 PM
I thank you for your prayer , words can not serve me well enough to convey that thanks. I consider prayer a gift of concern and effort to whom it is given . Becky no longer talks about her mom much , she is holding it in . She and I have a great relationship but the realization of the situation has come home to her and I can't 'fix it' .
It is my firm belief that prayer has great power . You can not buy it , you can not force it . you can not threaten to obtain it because it would not come from the heart and therefore worthless . It is a great gift of concern and belief .
Thank you .

DLCTEX
01-23-2016, 12:03 AM
Lord, shower you love on this family.

Greg S
01-23-2016, 12:51 AM
PM sent.

big bore 99
01-23-2016, 01:50 AM
Prayers sent.

tnaz
01-23-2016, 09:19 AM
Prayers for your Daughter and You, In JESUS Name.

I know you're a Good Man Mr. Boaz

Blackwater
01-23-2016, 02:17 PM
You said something significant, Boaz. You're right. You can do nothing to make her deal with it right. She has to do that herself. But she's a good person with a good heart, and she has her faith. It's just being tested now. These days, many seem to think of God as some "Big Daddy in the Sky," who gives good stuff to his followers and bad things to those who are evil. One look around should be enough to realize it's not that way, and Christ said it'd rain on the just and unjust alike. But if we just think about it, that's the way it really HAS to be. If we did good only for the benefits God might give us, it'd just be like a business deal - a quid pro quo situation. Only when we do good when we realize and know that there may be no payoff does it come from the depths of our hearts. By that, God knows what our hearts are REALLY all about, and we DO get the benefits of that, but it's not necessarily in this world, but the next that these benefits occur.

Look at the deciples. Most of them lost their lives in very painful and gruesome ways for their efforts in following Christ. But in Heaven, they'll reign under the Lord's governance! We DO get our rewards, but here on earth, we get trials so we can prove ourselves, our faith, and it's the only thing we can do to "earn" the benefits of Heaven, that will last for eternity. How could it be any other way?

Without trials to prove ourselves, and challenge us and make us better people and Christians, we'd likely be a very sorry lot, simply because we're typically lazy and follow our own wills, which are often rather prurient and aimed at ourselves, rather than others in need or toward God's will and benefit. The problems and challenges we face are what defines us, and Becky, being a very bright and good young lady, is just getting a bit earlier start than many. But I believe she'll be just fine on the other side of all this, whatever happens.

Meantime, there are a lot of folks praying for the 3 of you, and I think we all have faith in each of you and in God, so .... you're at least ahead of the curve compared to what most would be facing, and in times of need, that's a great benefit, and maybe it'll help you all get through this. Like I said, I went through some of this with Dad, and I know what it's like to see a good person just fade slowly and pitifully. PM me for my phone number and I'll tell you about that last fist fight Dad had in the nursing home with a bully that was creating all sorts of problems. It's really hilarious, viewed after the fact, and kind'a was a great way to realize that he was STILL my Dad, even if some of him was quite diminished. It's been said you can take a man out of the Marines, but you can't take the Marine out of the man, and there's an awful lot of Truth in that. I suspect it'll be similar for your ex, and when you see her fading from what she used to be, that's hard, but knowing it can never take ALL that we or she is away from us is at least a bit of satisfaction, and when this life is over, all those weaknesses we have will be totally gone, and we'll be as we have truly made ourselves to be. How could it be any other way?

edler7
01-23-2016, 07:23 PM
Prayers for you and your family for God to give the strength needed in this and all trying times.

w5pv
01-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Prayers sent for all.

jcren
01-24-2016, 01:27 PM
Prayers sent

EMC45
01-25-2016, 04:35 PM
Be with all involved Lord. Guide their hands, heart and minds. I pray that all eyes are fixed on Jesus and know that He is the author and finisher of our faith.

leeggen
01-26-2016, 12:35 AM
Dad you can't fix it is right but you can be there to support her in silence and in talk if she wants to chat. Just be there and remember she is haveing as hard of time dealing with it as evryone is.
CD

Blackwater
01-29-2016, 11:49 AM
Hope things are going as well as possible for all of you. Keep a stout heart. It matters.

jumbeaux
01-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Prayers up

Boaz
01-30-2016, 07:38 PM
I truly thank you all for your thoughts and prayer . Becky went to the store with her mom and got necessity's , snack stuff , cokes and such today . Tomorrow we take her to church , possibly to eat out .

Blackwater
02-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the update. Alzheimers may well be the most insidious of things that can beset anyone. My Dad had it, and dealt with even that like you'd expect an old 3-war Marine to deal with everything else. He adapted and overcame when he could, and when he couldn't, he just bore the burden with all the dignity and indominiility he could muster up. Finally, he just got tired of being bed ridden, and not being able to help others, and he just decided, quite literally, to go over to the other side where there'd be no such suffering or limitations. Truly, there can be no greater real faith than this. I still miss him greatly. He'd be 103 now if he were still with us. I'm just so very thankful he was my Dad. I truly had a great one, and I know how very lucky I am. You and Becky will be in my prayers until this is resolved. Just keep the faith. It's really the only game in town with this kind of situation, so even if it IS a heavy weight to bear, at least something good can come of it in the end. May the mercy of Christ be visited to you all.

Boaz
02-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the update. Alzheimers may well be the most insidious of things that can beset anyone. My Dad had it, and dealt with even that like you'd expect an old 3-war Marine to deal with everything else. He adapted and overcame when he could, and when he couldn't, he just bore the burden with all the dignity and indominiility he could muster up. Finally, he just got tired of being bed ridden, and not being able to help others, and he just decided, quite literally, to go over to the other side where there'd be no such suffering or limitations. Truly, there can be no greater real faith than this. I still miss him greatly. He'd be 103 now if he were still with us. I'm just so very thankful he was my Dad. I truly had a great one, and I know how very lucky I am. You and Becky will be in my prayers until this is resolved. Just keep the faith. It's really the only game in town with this kind of situation, so even if it IS a heavy weight to bear, at least something good can come of it in the end. May the mercy of Christ be visited to you all.

I thank you . Yesterday on the way to church Wednesday service service I had Becky take some fruit , soda pop ...........snack stuff into the care facility her mom is in . I try to give her one on one time with her . When Becky came out she was crying , her mom was very confused and couldn't really communicate then insisted on following Becky to the front door . In the picture of her and Becky you see what looks like a watch on her right arm , it's actually a GPS in case she wanders off , it also makes an alarm go off if she gets near an exit door to alert the staff . The alarm went off when they reached the door and Becky's mom started crying and begging Becky to come back . Yea , it's going to get a lot worse .

buckwheatpaul
02-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Boaz, If there is a Methodist church in your area they have a Stevens Ministry group that specialize in support and guidance that is confident. Women get a female counselor....men get a male couselor. Sometime it takes a neutral person to help....mainly to listen....etc.

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You to give You all the praise and I recognize that only You can heal this lady. If it is your will that she will not be restored to good health please interceed and help her to deal with her ailment. Wrap Your loving arms around her and guide the the physicians and health workers that are trying to help Boaz's ex-wife. Minimize her pain. Please come to the aid of Becky and help her understand and deal with this horrible disease and help her open up and to gain the strength that only You can give. I ask all this in Your name! Amen

I will continue to pray for your x-wife.....Your Servant, Paul

square butte
02-04-2016, 05:06 PM
My heartfelt prayers for you and yours are sent up. Praying for comfort for all involved - And to ease every ones suffering. May God make his presence known in each of your lives in this situation.

Boaz
02-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Thank you Paul , plenty of Methodists here ! She is talking to one of the youth leaders (lady) at our church sometime . I ask for prayer at every adult occasion for her , she does not know that . The same basic request that I placed here . I very firmly believe in the power of prayer , it is a reality for me , Hickok , Paul , jmort , Blackwater , Tinhorn97062 ,PreacherJim ,square butte , and more than I can list are faithful to offer prayer for those you have never met in person . I care not what denomination you are and the great commission is in all our hearts . Thank you for your prayers , thank you for your time and effort , thank you for being who you are .
Boaz

tinhorn97062
02-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Amen...and we're all lifting your family in prayer. Just as Galatians 6 says, we're bearing the burden of our brother. You're not alone, your daughter is not alone, as ya'll are going to get through this.

An afterthought concerning the denominations- men and woman of several different denominations helped shape this country, helped spread the Gospel of Jesus, and are continuing to do great work all over the world. Let's just all keep our eyes on Jesus and love our brethren as He told us to do. :-)