PDA

View Full Version : Western Bullet return

JoeH
01-21-2016, 05:30 PM
A few days ago I posted of my disappointment with cast bullets received from Western Bullet Co. I emailed them with my complaint and included a link to my post here. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?297031-Problem-with-buying-precast-bullets

I soon received a reply stating that if I returned the bullets he would refund my money. I shipped the bullets off on the 19th and today I had a money order in my mail box. He refunded my total cost and included extra to cover my cost of return shipping. While I still feel he should have never sent out the junk he did send me I certainly could not be more pleased with his return policy.

NSB
01-21-2016, 06:11 PM
He treated you like a perfect gentleman and you trashed him online. Wow! I give him two thumbs up and you two thumbs down. Maybe the bullet problem was you. I personally don't think you did the right thing by posting either the before or after post. Regardless of whether or not you were satisfied with his bullets, you never gave him a chance to do the right thing before you jumped on here and trash talked him.

GRUMPA
01-21-2016, 06:19 PM
He treated you like a perfect gentleman and you trashed him online. Wow! I give him two thumbs up and you two thumbs down. Maybe the bullet problem was you. I personally don't think you did the right thing by posting either the before or after post. Regardless of whether or not you were satisfied with his bullets, you never gave him a chance to do the right thing before you jumped on here and trash talked him.

Your stating things in reverse order. If he treated him like a perfect gentleman he would have never sent questionable products in the first place.

There a couple of things that a person needs to adhere too when making things available to the public. First and foremost is quality, the second is pride in what you offer. Your not going to get 1 or the other, you expect to get both.

ShooterAZ
01-21-2016, 06:30 PM
Your stating things in reverse order. If he treated him like a perfect gentleman he would have never sent questionable products in the first place.

There a couple of things that a person needs to adhere too when making things available to the public. First and foremost is quality, the second is pride in what you offer. Your not going to get 1 or the other, you expect to get both.

I agree 100% with this, however, I also agree that he should have given them the chance to make it right before airing it here.

GRUMPA
01-21-2016, 06:41 PM
I agree 100% with this, however, I also agree that he should have given them the chance to make it right before airing it here.

I must view things differently. Airing it here....if the person that sent the questionable products in the first place actually read it, is now extra cautious in making sure what gets sent out is the best it can be. Do you believe for a second if it wasn't aired he wouldn't be doing it again?

ShooterAZ
01-21-2016, 06:50 PM
Good Point GRUMPA.

leeggen
01-21-2016, 11:08 PM
Did any body go back and read what JoeH had posted origanally? He has a pic posted as to what the bullets looked like. IMO I beleive I would have done the same, but I would also have reposted that the guy was nice enough to give me my money back and refunded my shipping cost for the return. Now That is as far as my comments probably would go, no need to talk down his product again as he already had posted the first time and refferenced it in this post so anyone could go back and look if they wanted to be informed better.
CD

RustyMusket
01-21-2016, 11:32 PM
To add my experience with Western Bullets: I ordered some 6.5 and 35 cal and they arrived in very nice shape. They took a bit longer than expected to arrive but the product was good.

Blackwater
01-22-2016, 09:07 AM
I've heard of a few such problems from WBC, but those who handled it civily and with character seem to always have found a decent solution. Apparently, he's a one-man show, and is old and a little cranky, and if some tick him off, whether justified or not, he can be rather retaliative, but over time, every case I've heard of has been worked out. That speaks well to his character. Personally, I like irrascible old men who don't see any need to cowtow to every customer's whims, but sending out known bad bullets is pretty heavy retaliation, and some of these grumpy old men CAN at times take offense where it probably shouldn't have been perceived. On going pain is usually responsible for that, but not always.

Good to see he honored your request, and did the right thing. We all err, but not all of us make it right afterward. I like those who do.

Char-Gar
01-22-2016, 12:15 PM
I always take such supplier trashings with a grain of salt for these reasons;

1. Even the best supplies has bad stuff pass through from time to time.
2. Some folks have unreasonable expectations and are never happy.
3. Some folks are just born to gripe.

Before going on a rant against a supplier, a fellow should first try and work it out with said supplier. Going public trying to harm a fellow business is a very bad thing to do. It happens all to often on this board with people going off half cocked.

I have only one experience with Western Bullets and it was quite positive.

dudel
01-22-2016, 12:25 PM
I always take such supplier trashings with a grain of salt for these reasons;

1. Even the best supplies has bad stuff pass through from time to time.
2. Some folks have unreasonable expectations and are never happy.
3. Some folks are just born to gripe.

Before going on a rant against a supplier, a fellow should first try and work it out with said supplier. Going public trying to harm a fellow business is a very bad thing to do. It happens all to often on this board with people going off half cocked.

I have only one experience with Western Bullets and it was quite positive.

Amen to that. I also take the number of posts into consideration. I would give CG (12k+ posts) more credibility than the OP (16 posts). Almost seems like the OP joined to complain; not really participate in boolit love.

Nothing in my limited experience with Western Bullets would keep me from buying again.

5Shot
01-22-2016, 12:28 PM
Did you guys look at the bullets the OP received? He got robbed and his rant was on point. Keeping it private would be a disservice to others.

44man
01-22-2016, 12:48 PM
I have had problems with gun makers that the blame was put on me too. Been a gunsmith too long to accept that trash.
Yet most problems can be worked out first, and the man was good enough to refund so I will not say wrong, it happens. Production for the masses runs into problems and most of us accept it as business as usual. It is only when the maker gets nasty that I would post and I sure have to my detriment in fact until I will not mention names.
Most that make things do not read us anyway. When we say good or bad about a product, they are not here to see it. They would learn much.

newton
01-22-2016, 12:56 PM
I think this, and the other, thread is fine. Fitting in fact. I think a case could be made against it if the other thread did not have the facts they do, but based on the other thread this one is fitting.

I would WANT to know if a supplier has bad things that gets put out. Who buys things without having a pre-determined idea of what your going to get, and who your getting it from? When I buy from certain companies, I buy from them with a certain level of expectation - may be high or low. Now, I am not going to get on here and give Lee a public chewing if I got one of their items that were not as perfect as I "wanted" them to be. I understand that Lee is able to sell things for less because they are not finished as good.

But if I bought from Lee themselves, not going through a distributor, and had them ship me a custom part I ordered, and they completely goofed - and tried to cover it up - you bet I will come on here and post about it. You all should be able to know what you might get from them. Things that come from a factory should be considered to have a certain amount of flaws that can happen to them. Things that come from individuals, custom shops, and the like should be near right from the get-go - or have an honest mistake, not one that is obvious before it leaves.

I could understand if the boolits received just didn't "look" good, but they were obviously junk. Bad day? Retaliation? Who knows. I think it shows good character on both parties. One for the buyer maintaining composure and working it out, but also letting others know. And the seller for making things right, completely right.

I for one would have no problems buying from Western now. If Joe had not posted about his experience, start to finish, then we would not know about the character of Western. Now we know. Everyone makes mistakes, doesn't mean they should not be called out on them. Sounds to me that Joe tried to work it out before he posted, unless he posted somewhere else before he had tried to contact Western. I don't read any trash talk in either thread. Just honestly calling out what happened. I think trash talk is when someone bad mouths another without trying to get them to make things right.

Scharfschuetze
01-22-2016, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the update on WBC. I'm glad that the issue is now sorted out.

The photo of the boolits he sent you and the effort you put into getting it straightened out before posting here were most gentlemanly of you. After reading some of the comments in this current thread, I think that a few people did not fully read your first thread before posting in this one.

Don Fischer
01-22-2016, 01:05 PM

I don't believe that's true. Every company that sell's a product let's a bad product slip out now and then. First thing to do is treat them as if they are not screwing you and allow them a chance to fix the error!

JoeH
01-22-2016, 01:06 PM

Wrong! He trashed himself. I only posted photos of the garbage he puts out and he did make it right and I did give him credit for that, but only after I sent him a link to what I had posted. I had tried to communicate with this gentleman but he never returned my emails until I sent him the link to my post here.

JoeH
01-22-2016, 01:29 PM
Amen to that. I also take the number of posts into consideration. I would give CG (12k+ posts) more credibility than the OP (16 posts). Almost seems like the OP joined to complain; not really participate in boolit love.

Nothing in my limited experience with Western Bullets would keep me from buying again.

I'm glad you had a good experience with Western Bullet, but that does not alter the fact that he sent me absolute trash. As for your very insulting opinion that I joined this forum just to complain, that is entirely baseless. You seem quite adept at jumping to conclusions without any basis in fact. Although I don't feel that I owe you any explanation the fact is I was referred to this site from another shooting site while searching for a source of Lyman 450 dies in .380 diameter. I learned that "Buckshot", a member here, could supply custom dies and ordered one from him with which I am quite happy and I have since stuck around, I do hope you don't mind. Maybe someday I will have entered enough posts to earn our respect since that is your criterion by which you judge integrity.

NSB
01-22-2016, 02:09 PM
It's unfortunate that most forums allow people like this to get on line and trash someone without trying to resolve the problem first. Every day I see some joker using the internet to trash talk some company simply because they're too inept to deal with others on a mature and intelligent level. They lack any maturity to deal with anyone and the first thing they do is disrespect the company or person they dealt with who made them feel like they weren't in control of the situation. Had it been me who was the recipient of this trash talking, I wouldn't have helped the person out at all after not giving me the respect and opportunity to make the situation right. All companies have something get to the consumer who may not be satisfied for any number of reasons....real or perceived. Some people are just cry babies and have no concept of mature or proper people skills. I'd consider the rant they put on line as their reimbursment and let them go elsewhere. The OP only made himself look bad in my eyes, not the bullet company.

44man
01-22-2016, 02:15 PM
Wrong! He trashed himself. I only posted photos of the garbage he puts out and he did make it right and I did give him credit for that, but only after I sent him a link to what I had posted. I had tried to communicate with this gentleman but he never returned my emails until I sent him the link to my post here.
OK, he seen what was in public. Now he is on the hook. If he fixes it and I think he will, can we give another look at his product?
We are a mean force here.
I feel I was the main reason a gun maker filed bankruptcy but did he improve or hire bad workers at lower pay to build more scuds? Character of a man means the most. You NEVER EVER cheat the public for money.
There is a company in Ohio that pays little all year but you will stand in a waiting line for most of your life to be hired. Each year they give such a huge bonus from profits, it will make your head spin. No union, just character. The bonus will make 3 years pay. You need to die before they hire a new guy. People put out the very best all year. Nobody ever quits and they work forever until death. A distant family member is CEO and nobody retires either.
That would be my company, workers top priority. Make me money to expand and live good and you will also reap benefits. Expand to hire more. When employees love you, what can go wrong.
All of you have worked for bad bosses, what did you do? You suffered through 8 hours and watched the clock. You got nothing for good work while others made the same pay doing nothing. Anger was all day as you fixed things. But you were not recognized either. Unions were in control. You were a number only. The boss did not even know your name until you did wrong. Then you are marked for life. They watch every single move you make. It will make you get even without being caught. Human nature.
The man you hire must respect you and himself. If he does not like you, you are the loser. The marble pedestal you stand on can break. My opinion is every single person that works for you should be a friend and you should know them and their family for life.

44man
01-22-2016, 02:32 PM
I have a huge list of products that failed and I could not get fixed without paying. GE the worst and Sears the next that could fix NOTHING. Gun makers like Marlin with a 2 year warranty while others would fix even if you are the third owner. I think Ruger would fix a gun found in the dirt.
A friend had a part missing from a Mossberg he bought. I called and was sent a part free but the wrong one, called again and no problem, Keep the wrong part, new one on the way. No questions at all. Such great companies. Remington has free work all over.
Some want you to pay shipping both ways and for parts and repairs but they should have not sold bad products in the start.

5Shot
01-22-2016, 03:05 PM
It's unfortunate that most forums allow people like this to get on line and trash someone without trying to resolve the problem first. Every day I see some joker using the internet to trash talk some company simply because they're too inept to deal with others on a mature and intelligent level. They lack any maturity to deal with anyone and the first thing they do is disrespect the company or person they dealt with who made them feel like they weren't in control of the situation. Had it been me who was the recipient of this trash talking, I wouldn't have helped the person out at all after not giving me the respect and opportunity to make the situation right. All companies have something get to the consumer who may not be satisfied for any number of reasons....real or perceived. Some people are just cry babies and have no concept of mature or proper people skills. I'd consider the rant they put on line as their reimbursment and let them go elsewhere. The OP only made himself look bad in my eyes, not the bullet company.

You obviously didn't see the Original post either. Those aren't a few that "Slipped Through" the QC process. They are absolute garbage and a blind man would have known they shouldn't go in a box. It was a good heads up for others.

44man
01-22-2016, 03:32 PM
We report bad stuff, some say it is wrong but we must know. So be it. lose business and whose fault is it. Fix and then it will be OK.

Char-Gar
01-22-2016, 03:42 PM
We report bad stuff, some say it is wrong but we must know. So be it. lose business and whose fault is it. Fix and then it will be OK.

Here is the issue, at least for me;

1. There are lots of people in this world that live to criticize and boards like this one become the outlet to the world for their dysfunction.

2. I have dealt with the public all of my life and have had to put up with all kinds of criticism, some of it justified and much of it not. I have had some that tried their best to destroy me and my family in the process. So, I am sensitive to the fellow on the bad end of criticism.

3. If a fellow thinks he just must "report it", then it should be after an honest attempt to work with the seller to make it right.

4. It may just be my opinion, but I consider it bad character to trash a fellow's business on the internet before there has been an honest attempt to work things out with the seller.

dudel
01-22-2016, 03:51 PM
I'm glad you had a good experience with Western Bullet, but that does not alter the fact that he sent me absolute trash. As for your very insulting opinion that I joined this forum just to complain, that is entirely baseless. You seem quite adept at jumping to conclusions without any basis in fact. Although I don't feel that I owe you any explanation the fact is I was referred to this site from another shooting site while searching for a source of Lyman 450 dies in .380 diameter. I learned that "Buckshot", a member here, could supply custom dies and ordered one from him with which I am quite happy and I have since stuck around, I do hope you don't mind. Maybe someday I will have entered enough posts to earn our respect since that is your criterion by which you judge integrity.

Pot, meet kettle. You seem pretty adept yourself at jumping to conclusions. Tell me where I said the number of posts correlated to your integrity?

Right now, I tend to agree with NSB, CG and 44. They've expressed it better than I did.

JoeH
01-22-2016, 03:53 PM

Perhaps you'll explain how you deal with someone who won't communicate until poked in the eye.

JoeH
01-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Pot, meet kettle. You seem pretty adept yourself at jumping to conclusions. Tell me where I said the number of posts correlated to your integrity?

Right now, I tend to agree with NSB, CG and 44. They've expressed it better than I did.

Apparently you don't even read your own posts. "I would give CG (12k+ posts) more credibility than the OP (16 posts)."

MT Gianni
01-22-2016, 08:30 PM
When Jon started Western Bullets he had his renter cast and lube for him for reduced rent. I don't know if the practice still happens or what the QC is for him. I see why the bullets were returned and why he replaced them.

Scharfschuetze
01-22-2016, 10:43 PM
This thread has become the poster child for those who do not read or understand an original post. I'm not slinging rocks at anyone in particular, but I've got to ask: Did all of you who are disparaging the OP even read the original thread and understand it?

Here's the link: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?297031-Problem-with-buying-precast-bullets

I'll also just paste it here to make it easy.

Problem with buying precast bullets

I am not an avid caster, I do some casting but if I can buy a good cast bullet I would just as soon not have to cast my own. I shoot cast because it's cheaper than jacketed, is available in weights and diameters one can't get in jacketed and works generally at least as well. Up here in northwest Montana all the wheel weights and "free lead" seems to be accounted for and to buy lead alloys and pay shipping one might just as well buy the bullets.
I have gotten excellent cast bullets from Dardas, from Rim Rock, and from Oregon Trails. I have very rarely seen a reject from those makers. However, I have recently gotten burned with total junk from Western Bullet Co.
I had previously gotten a couple of hundred .379" gas checked bullet from western and they shot OK and not many makers offer a gas check so I ordered 500 more.
He said he didn't have any sized .379" right then but would have in a week or so. I said OK I can wait a week. He charged the purchase to Pay Pal right then which I thought was not entirely ethical, most venders don't charge your account until the order ships but oh well, no biggie.
A month passed and no bullets so I emailed him to ask if they had shipped and maybe got lost or what? I got no reply so after another week or ten days with no response I contacted Pay Pal to log a complaint. I hated to do that but I also hated to be ignored by a guy who had my money. I still never heard from him but three days later I had a box of bullets in the mail.
I looked them over and was not real impressed. I gave them the old thumbnail test and could easily indent them with my thumbnail. I realize that is not scientific but it does give a vague idea of hardness and these bullets seemed like pure lead.
I thought well OK, I can try them for black powder loads but of course they were not lubed for black powder so I loaded 100 bullets into a pie pan in a 200 degree oven to melt off the lube so I could re-lube with SPG. Once the bullets were free of lube I could really see how crappy they were.
I picked out 20 bullets at random from the bag of 100. Not even one of the 20 was free of very obvious visual defects. I weighed them and the 20 bullets averaged 291 grains. They were labeled as Lyman #375296 which is supposed to run 269 grains so that pretty much confirms that they were pure lead.
I don't know if he sent me his scrap bullets just for spite or if this is how his junk always runs but for sure he'll never get another chance to burn this old hillbilly.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/misc/paperclip.png Attached Thumbnailshttp://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=158224&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1452896932 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=158224&d=1452896932)

Please read it or reread it and look at the photo and then ask yourself if you would have been as cordial as the OP was with WBC. His courtesy of updating us after pressure was applied to WBC for a satisfactory refund says a lot too.

44man
01-23-2016, 11:04 AM
I have stated, go to the maker first but those are the worst boolits I ever seen. I never made sinkers that bad when I was a kid. I think I was 6 when I started casting. Might have been 10 when I made my first fishing jig molds by hand. I still have them. So you are looking at 72 years with lead. Boolits came later of course. I was about 16 when I started for the .357 and was loading shotgun shells too with a Dietmeyer 500. Paper route money was spent on stuff and guns. No age junk back then, first .44 Ruger was bought from Kliens Sporting Goods in CHI, came in the mail to Cleveland. I had the 429421 mold and all else before the gun showed up. Had to shoot factory loads for brass. The anticipation waiting for a gun was enormous.

JoeH
01-23-2016, 01:55 PM
Here is the issue, at least for me;

1. There are lots of people in this world that live to criticize and boards like this one become the outlet to the world for their dysfunction.

2. I have dealt with the public all of my life and have had to put up with all kinds of criticism, some of it justified and much of it not. I have had some that tried their best to destroy me and my family in the process. So, I am sensitive to the fellow on the bad end of criticism.

3. If a fellow thinks he just must "report it", then it should be after an honest attempt to work with the seller to make it right.

4. It may just be my opinion, but I consider it bad character to trash a fellow's business on the internet before there has been an honest attempt to work things out with the seller.

You are assuming the first thing I did was to post here. Although things were resolved in a few day after I sent him the link to this post, this issue had been dragging on for months, I originally ordered the bullets in September. He does not answer his phone and would not reply to emails, I had no idea if he had died or gone out of business, or what. I emailed him the link to this forum, then his attitude changed.
I began this second post to give the man his due by acknowledging that he was good enough to refund my money. My whole point of this second was to be fair to the vender. But to be fair to myself and all concerned I will point out that he refunded only under duress​.Now I am being attacked by some here for having put him under duress.
I want to express my thanks to those who have sided with me in this mess and to the others I can only say "great way to make a new member feel welcome".

mdi
01-23-2016, 02:31 PM
I must view things differently. Airing it here....if the person that sent the questionable products in the first place actually read it, is now extra cautious in making sure what gets sent out is the best it can be. Do you believe for a second if it wasn't aired he wouldn't be doing it again?
Do you honestly believe that the only way a vendor will act honorably is if he is publicly called out for someone not liking his product?

Char-Gar
01-23-2016, 02:31 PM
JoeH...Don't feel like a victim. This is a very diverse site and people often have polar opinions on every issue under the sun. Whatever you post, expect somebody to disagree, for that is the nature of this site. I have been attacked six ways to breakfast for many years on this site.

If you are satisfied with your conduct and attitude in this issue, that is all that should matter to you. If you expect or need universal approval, you will not find it on this board or in life in general.

Western bullets is a one geezer operation and is noted for being very slow in delivery and not responsive to email prompting. If you do business there, know this going in. If you get a bad batch, the he will make it good, but again on his own time schedule.

People have been my stock in trade for all of my adult life. As such, I am always mindful that everybody hits a rough spot from time to time. It may be health, age, personal loss or some other difficulty in life. It has happened to me and if it has not happened to you yet, it surely will. You will find yourself in a spot where you can't for one reason or another keep up with the demands of others.

I try and always remember the Golden Rule.."Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you", in my dealing with people. All that I risk, in a case like yours, is loosing a few dollars on a bad bunch of bullets. I won't savage a man's business over that, not knowing who or what is happening on the other end. I will just take my loss and go on down the road knowing I have not violated one of my core values in life.

I recognize that most folks don't take this position, and I would get tough with a guy, if he had more of my money than I could afford to loose. But the price some bullets is not more than I can afford to loose.

Bottom line, is we are different people that live life by different principals. This is who I am and how I live. I don't get my knickers in a twist, if you live by different principals. That is your life to live and you and only you have to live with yourself. I don't have to live with you, nor you with me.

JoeH
01-23-2016, 02:50 PM
Interesting attitude Char-Gar "I try and always remember the Golden Rule.."Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you", in my dealing with people. All that I risk, in a case like yours, is loosing a few dollars on a bad bunch of bullets. I won't savage a man's business over that, not knowing who or what is happening on the other end. I will just take my loss and go on down the road knowing I have not violated one of my core values in life."

You won't savage a man's business over a few dollars but you will savage me over my objection to being ripped off and ignored. I'm glad you are in a fortunate position that money doesn't matter to you but to me $107 matters a great deal, that is pretty much two months of "disposable income" to me. And while you seem to know a great deal about the proprietor of Western Bullet I had to learn the hard way and if this post may have enlightened others as to what to expect from this vendor I consider my time well spent.

Char-Gar
01-23-2016, 03:08 PM
Interesting attitude Char-Gar "I try and always remember the Golden Rule.."Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you", in my dealing with people. All that I risk, in a case like yours, is loosing a few dollars on a bad bunch of bullets. I won't savage a man's business over that, not knowing who or what is happening on the other end. I will just take my loss and go on down the road knowing I have not violated one of my core values in life."

You won't savage a man's business over a few dollars but you will savage me over my objection to being ripped off and ignored. I'm glad you are in a fortunate position that money doesn't matter to you but to me $107 matters a great deal, that is pretty much two months of "disposable income" to me. And while you seem to know a great deal about the proprietor of Western Bullet I had to learn the hard way and if this post may have enlightened others as to what to expect from this vendor I consider my time well spent.

Disagreeing with someone on an internet board is not savaging them. It is simply disagreement, something folks should able to do, without feeling put up, destroyed or savaged. Has anybody ever disagreed with you before? You seem to take it awfully hard.

Folks on and off this board disagree with me on a continual basis and I don't feel savaged. Who cares, I certainly don't. If you are happy with yourself then blow me off. If my disagreement gets under your skin, the get some counseling to elevate your self esteem.

You did what your did, for the reasons you did it. When disagreement came your way, you stuck to your guns. That should be enough for you.

5Shot
01-23-2016, 03:11 PM

Bad business is bad business - I for one am thankful for your post. Nobody should have to do a full internet search before a purchase or be scolded for not knowing what you don't know.

Just remember - the "Ignore" option is a beautiful thing.

Char-Gar
01-23-2016, 03:53 PM
Bad business is bad business - I for one am thankful for your post. Nobody should have to do a full internet search before a purchase or be scolded for not knowing what you don't know.

Just remember - the "Ignore" option is a beautiful thing.

He was not scolded for not knowing what he did not know. I disagree with him regarding what he did. What he did not know had nothing to do with it.

If disagreement equals scolding, then we all get scolded on a daily basis, do we not. Disagreement is disagreement and nothing more. It takes a person with a very fragile sense of self, to turn simple disagreement into a scolding.

mdi
01-24-2016, 01:06 PM
I'm really happy with the "Ignore" list. Don't have to bother with the sh&! spewed out by self serving self appointed experts...

5Shot
01-24-2016, 01:14 PM
I'm really happy with the "Ignore" list. Don't have to bother with the sh&! spewed out by self serving self appointed experts...

Yup...mine is growing by the day.

Guesser
01-24-2016, 01:41 PM
I have never investigated the "ignore" list; never had thought of it. My eyes and fingers work so well I've never needed the assistance of "the list". Curiosity has bitten now. Where is it?

5Shot
01-24-2016, 01:45 PM
I have never investigated the "ignore" list; never had thought of it. My eyes and fingers work so well I've never needed the assistance of "the list". Curiosity has bitten now. Where is it?

You go to the profile of the person you want to ignore, and down the list on the left, below Send Email is Add to Ignore List. It's great - it allows you to browse various topics without having to read the posts you know are going to p^$$ you off.

44man
01-24-2016, 05:45 PM
I have been scolded most of anyone. I have a different opinion about people and even those that come after me will never be ignored.
Ease off and get along!

dverna
01-25-2016, 01:10 PM
I am getting cabin fever too. More snow and sleet on the way. Wish I had the money to put in an indoor range.

Don

mdi
01-25-2016, 01:11 PM
Click on your user name in upper right of the page. Hit "User CP". Scroll down and on the lower left of the page is "Edit Ignore List". Insert screen name of the jerk.

I have used the Ignore List feature only once on this forum (and that fellow is there permanently). Not because of his opinions, or his sharing knowledge, but for his argumentative, "no you can't know more then me", illogical attitude. The one and only total jerk I've encountered on Castboolits.com. I know I could just skip any posts by this person, but I have a tendency to not look at the poster's name until after I read the post...

OS OK
01-25-2016, 02:20 PM
You guys are arguing over 'one side of the story' and the minuta's getting deep. What was the circumstances on the other end? Anybody consider that…or was the buyer told that the other guy only had 'seconds' and he jumped on it to save money. There is nonsense here…you all argue just to argue…we need some indication on the 'left side panel' to indicate 'who's menstrating' at the moment and step over their 'Bravo Sierra'...lots of people on this forum…"Need to get a life!"

44man
01-25-2016, 03:07 PM
As long as you don't get personal, I will gripe over a mechanical thing I have tested for years and years with failure. I have bashed some products myself but only after pursuing every avenue and being trounced on from a maker. Like GE products, Carol hates the washer, it jumps settings as it washes. The dehumidifier I had failed fast and I got no help or satisfaction. I bought a new one, guess what, a GE and it is working perfectly. Luck of the draw.
Sears has good repairmen that come to the house, one told me to return a product, not worth fixing but I jumped through hoops, was screamed at even when I had paper work from the repairman. But tools are replaced no matter so that is great.
Marlin was no help when needed. Gun over two years old, forget it.
A gun maker? Old guys here know and I will not say.
But I am taken wrong a lot here too.
We all say things that will disturb someone but to be here does not mean to be politically correct either. Call it like it is.
If you get a refund or a fix, a complaint might not be in order. I figure if one guy complains, it is chance but if complaints pile up, we should know.
I have had trouble with Lee molds and they fixed them so I still say to buy one, I like them. I love a lot of Lee products but they do make stuff that is funny. Does not make them a bad company.
I have a problem with some RCBS stuff but I own more RCBS stuff then I can list.
To say something that irritates someone else does not make you a bad person and never warrants "IGNORE" unless it gets personal.
You might find out whom ever complains about you will be the greatest friend ever if you talk to them. There is not a single person here that is not welcome to my home. Take that to the bank!

Uncle R.
01-25-2016, 04:57 PM
I have been scolded most of anyone. I have a different opinion about people and even those that come after me will never be ignored.
Ease off and get along!

Yep.
I never felt the need to use the ignore feature on anyone here.
My self image is not that fragile and I don't fear that I'll be harmed by viewing an opinion I don't agree with or the writings of someone I might dislike.
Of course if you don't agree you can ignore whomever you wish.
Ain't this a great place?
:bigsmyl2:

Uncle R.

Guesser
01-26-2016, 11:48 AM
Funny, very funny. I learned to ignore well before I was 2 years old. Got in trouble for it many times but I still have the ability and aptitude so i really don't think I need any electronic or mechanical help to continue doing it my way; thanks anyway!!

Tackleberry41
01-26-2016, 05:57 PM
Not sure the issue anyways, I read thru the original post. The guy got sent junk, stuff that any of us would throw back in the pot vs trying to use. And then he got ignored when he tried to return it. It was only after raising a stink and letting the guy know he was, that suddenly things changed. The squeaky wheel gets grease. Had he calmly waited as some recommended, or not made a stink about it, he would still have $100 worth of junk bullets.

It is the internet, I have been to some sights where the ignore button got over used and it stopped being a forum, as threads made no sense half the time, with people replying to stuff others did not see. Or you would have to click on something to see what was going on as they were on the ignore list. It usually came down to politics, not the subject matter. Its the internet, you have to take stuff with a grain of salt. Don't like it, scroll down the screen. But some take things a bit to personal.

44man
01-27-2016, 09:56 AM
I grew up when paint had lead in it and some kids ate it to turn into politicians in later years! I guess it is sweet since Romans used it to sweeten wine.
Now we have Flint MI and a town in Ohio with lead in water. Flint still has lead water pipes in most houses and it was no problem until the water got taken with some acid in it to eat pipes.
Then along comes kalifornia that says WW's on roads is dangerous. Seems in my life I have found exactly TWO on roads from some accident and I have never lost one from a car. So unless you eat Condors or sniff roadsides in Kali, they still can't prove a WW is bad.
The left coast will always be more dangerous to a life style because it spreads from there. I hate to read a label that says "not legal in Kali."
The time involved with handling lead just on this site might add up to a million years and nobody is brain dead so just relax, you will not be harmed casting boolits.
Tree huggers always have control like what you eat and want to save you with carrots.
I love bacon and eggs, I don't want two strips of bacon, I want 1/2# and real butter on EVERYTHING, whipped cream and I love sour cream. Fat is flavor on meat. Venison is good for you but to make it right needs FAT like beef fat or bacon. Smoked meat is Heaven.
Life flashes by faster each year so don't listen to anyone that takes enjoyment away and don't take all those pills. Doctors and pills kill more then guns in this country.
Cast your boolits with a happy face. Eat what you love.

MT Chambers
01-27-2016, 03:23 PM
When I ship out bullets to folks, I check and make sure they are perfect, bullets considered "match" are weighed and separated. Any bullet that is not "perfect" I keep and shoot myself, they shoot as good as the shipped "perfect" bullets.