PDA

View Full Version : Gift cards ordered from Academy Sports stolen at Houston FedEx

Down South
01-17-2016, 06:53 PM
I ordered 5-$75 Academy gift cards for Christmas presents on the 2nd of December. I tracked the cards all the way to the local FedEx which would have sent them out for delivery.
The cards arrived at my local FedEx on the 12th and gave a delivery date for the 14th. The 14th came and went with no delivery and the scheduled delivery date changed to no scheduled delivery date and pending. On the 22nd, the status went to delivered on the 12th the day they arrived at FedEx.
I contacted Academy to start an investigation. I also contacted FedEx to start an investigation.
Thank God that I used PayPal to purchase the gift cards.
Academy contacted me several days later stating that their investigation was complete. The cards showed to have been delivered on the 12th and all five cards were cashed the same day at store #0016. I told them That I never recieved the cards but evidently that didn't make any difference.
FedEx's investigation stated the same but the delivery signature stated, "At Door". I asked the FedEx rep that I was speaking to if that meant that the cards were left by my door? The answer was yes.
I explained to the FedEx Person it was impossible to leave anything by my door, that every delivery went through the front office and was signed for. That caused a bit of heartburn to the FedEx rep. They said they would have to investigate more and go down to the driver level.
I had filed a complaint with PayPal for no delivery at the same time I filed complaints with FedEx and Academy.
Paypal responded about a week later that they completed their investigation and agreed with me. They recovered $375 from Academy and put it back in my account.

About a week after speaking to the last FedEx rep, I got a phone call from the drivers boss. I didn't realize that FedEx contracts their delivery trucks but the lady who called me was from a contract trucking company. She had her driver go back to see if he could remember any details. I told her that I doubted her driver ever had his hands on those cards. I have a feeling that someone working the line from when those cards arrived and before they were put on the delivery truck took them.

I am impressed with PayPal recovering my money. My hat is off to them.

shoot-n-lead
01-17-2016, 07:08 PM
Glad you got your money back. But, I had an issue with an item that I never received and PayPal did NOTHING for me...I lost it all.

That was the end of me using paypal...screw'em.

Beagle333
01-17-2016, 07:25 PM
Glad you got your money back. FedEx and UPS won't deliver to me out here, so I have everything shipped to the local hub or UPS store and I pick it up there. That also means there's none of those "We delivered it" excuses available then if it isn't there! :grin:

tigweldit
01-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Shoot-n-lead and I have had the same type of experience with PayPal. They burned me once (almost twice) so never again with PayPal. Stick with a real credit card co. or USPO MO's. I really dislike PayPal.

waksupi
01-17-2016, 08:29 PM
I don't know how you guys tried to deal with Paypal that you had problems. I've had a couple claims, and they went through with no problems at all.

dragon813gt
01-17-2016, 08:46 PM
I don't know how you guys tried to deal with Paypal that you had problems. I've had a couple claims, and they went through with no problems at all.

Same here. One was to the tune of about $2,500. I was scammed on some car parts and as soon as I realized it I started the dispute process. I feel bad for the other people, there were two others, because they didn't get their money back. I was at the front of the line and Paypal can only take what's on the Paypal account. I got my money back which is what I cared about.

I had a few hundred in gift cards never show up. Credit card they were from wouldn't do anything. I use a lot of points to buy them. Now. As much as I hate them I print out the e-gift cards so I don't have to worry about someone stealing them.

Down South
01-18-2016, 07:27 PM
Update: I was driving in from my home to Houston this afternoon when I got a call from an 888 number. Almost didn't answer but I did. It was a manager from Academy apologizing for the way their customer service had handled my claim. She wanted to know If I had been reimbursed through PayPal which I said yes. Then she offered me a $50 credit or gift card for my trouble.
That was nice of Academy.

skeettx
01-18-2016, 07:44 PM
Paypal has been berry, berry good to me !
I have had no issues with them and you seem to get what you pay for.
And the local Academy is pro-gun!
Mike