PDA

View Full Version : Trying to shoot the brunswick

salpal48
01-16-2016, 08:14 PM
I have had for years the 2 models of The brunswick Rifles Model 1837 and M841 . . both came Out of IMI untouched. Cleaned them up and look Pretty good for what they are. . I decided to shoot them. . For the M1837 I know it takes a Belted ball.. I do have an Original style But not looking to wast it. so I decided to Use a patched 69 cal ball. I have read and seen the video on the web That they don't shoot well. Not planning to use Black , Going with 777
Any suggestions Or anyone shoot them
Sal

Thundermaker
01-16-2016, 09:11 PM
If you're going with 777, back the load off. That's an old gun made the old way. Be careful.

I've been considering a Brunswick for a while. The Russians came up with a bullet for it called the "kulikovski" bullet. It was a minie bullet with fins that engaged the rifling. With their Brunswick copies (lutich rifles) they made some amazing shots. I thought about taking a Lee shotgun slug mold and moding it for fins just to play with the idea. Food for thought.

johnson1942
01-16-2016, 11:19 PM
the russians modified the bullet and instead of a mini with fins they made molds for a round ball with a band or something like that. it become a tackdriver. they could shoot longer distances in combat than their enemies and pick them off easily. ive seen a couple of russian military guns at the fur traders museum and they were very very well made but looked very heavy to carry. i think if you have a mold made for your guns you would be surprised at their accuracy.

John Taylor
01-21-2016, 09:20 PM
Got one in the shop now. Customer said it does not shoot good so he asked me to put a 50 cal round ball barrel on it.