PDA

View Full Version : Breaking In New Moulds!

TXGunNut
01-16-2016, 02:04 PM
This isn't a how-to thread, that's been well covered around here. Seems I have a stack of new moulds and the day has finally come to break a few of them in! Wooo-hoooo!!! Started out with a NOE/RD 311-165 RF PB for Project Thutty-Thutty (think someone was inquiring about samples) and next up is a NOE/RD TLC310-165 RF RG for my 300 Savage. Cold and rainy outside, crock pot is going, think today's going to be a good day!
Pot's back up to temp, coffee break over.:lovebooli

Green Frog
01-16-2016, 02:07 PM
You'r not casting bullets out of a crock pot, are you?? :kidding:

TXGunNut
01-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Nope, beans in there. ;-) Venison thawing to start some chili in the other one soon. Hope this thread doesn't get moved to the cooking section, lol.
Finally got over a hundred good 311-165's cast, my technique sucks, been too long. Next up is the RG mould. First two tries HP pins weren't hot enough. May switch out to the cup point pins, those are what I'm wanting to hunt with but HP's sound like fun.

TXGunNut
01-16-2016, 07:36 PM
Wow, finally got that NOE RG mould to work! It's a bit of an adjustment but it works just like Al and everyone else says. Gotta get it good & hot and keep pour temp @ 725. Do that and it rains boolits, just like everyone says.
Poured 110 boolits for my 35 Whelen for inventory, boolit testing concluded for it recently and it's time to build a few loads for the shelf and move on.
And yes, Green Frog, got my chili meat browned and the other crock pot has been deployed. Lee pot is cooling off after a really good day!